Home General Discussion

Spiciest cigar?

2»

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Im suprised the OpusX was left out. The VSG, LFD DL (more so with the chisels), DE DirtyRat, and the JDN Antano had a good amount of spice.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    I purchased an VSG and an LFD . I did forget the JDN Antona!! ANyone wanna trade me one of those as well lol?? The OpusX is too rich for my blood. Everytime Ive signed on with the purpose of picking some up I end up buying a box of MOW or Diesel insted of 4 or 5 OpusX. One day I'll make it past the good deals and get the top quality stuff.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    lcpleel:
    Im suprised the OpusX was left out. The VSG, LFD DL (more so with the chisels), DE DirtyRat, and the JDN Antano had a good amount of spice.
    I don't think of Opus X as being overly spicy. It has a good peppery finish to it, but it is always really well balanced with nutty fruit, and dessert spices (cinnamon/nutmeg)

For me, DPG is definitely the master of the spicy cigar, and the one that really stands out in my mind is the Tatuaje Black Label (especially the tubo (and the recent tubo-less torpedos) and the recent Petite Lancero). The Havana VI line also has some good spice to it. More than the Selecion de Cazadores, or the extended Tatuaje lines (El T, La Ricky, Ambos, etc.)
  • Bishop88Bishop88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13

RoyalCigars:
    Bishop88:
    Cu Avano Punisher...by a mile.  Unless you've tried one, don't even consider answering with names like MOW...with or without age....MOW is about as spicy as ketchup in comparison to the Punisher.  Just rest one on your lips...don't even light it.  You'll see what I mean.  Ridiculous.

Ok hotshot, try a fresh Cusano Cuvee 151 and I'll try the Punisher. We will see whos pick is spicier. And an aged Ruination is not like ketchup. You must be smoking something besides cigars if you believe that.

You misunderstood...I said Ruination is like ketchup in COMPARISON to the Punisher.  I'll admit, after some research apparently I got a real firecracker out of the box, as I am told these things vary from stick to stick.  But I have no problem chainsmoking Robusto #2 Ruination's for breakfast...but only got about 2/3 of the way through a Punisher and had to call Uncle.  Have not tried a Cusano Cuvee 151, so I'll back down there.  I've got 9 of the Punisher's left if you'd like to trade...would have to wait about 7 weeks as I am sitting in the middle of Iraq right now...shipping is a pain.  Didn't mean to come off as a douche...my ears were still ringing when I submitted this first post as a result of my encounter with the Cu Avana...

Well if I can interject... Welcome to the forum bishop!!

Thanks Smoky!

I've stopped by a few times, but my first time posting.  Inspired by my Punisher experience actually, as I started researching it AFTER smoking one and being completely caught off guard.  Had a second one today, was mentally prepared...and it went much smoother.  Still one hot stick, only one I've ever had that literally burns the lips/tongue on contact.

I consider myself quite a noobie, been smoking stogies here and there for years, but this current deployment has fueled a newfound obsession for some reason, and I put away 3-5 per day now.  It's a great way to pass the time, and it's always exciting "hunting" for the next favorite stick.  I'm 5 months into this trip and went from 0 to 7 humidors so far....I apparently take my hobbies too seriously.

Have a good one!

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    a B&M near me has a house blend maduro that's very spicy. I was about to dip that SOB in blue cheese dressing
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    El Cobre's are pretty spicy too, about the spiciest cigar I enjoy. And I doubt this is what you are looking for, but I have always gotten a distinct peppery flavor from 5 Vegas Classics. They are my go-to when I have a hankering for in-your-face pepper flavor.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    xIcedGuardianx:
    The new MoW Puro is pretty spicy.
    ^it's the truth!
  • rah0785rah0785 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    That is to bad you did not really enjoy  that stick.  Smoked the PAD SIG. 1932 along with the PAD SIG 1932 EDICION LIMITADA big Salomon, which was magnificent.  The cigar that expresses the most noticeable pepper taste has to be GRAN HABANO 3 SIGLOS Churchill.  It offers one taste only, that being strong, DRY pepper.   Nothing else seems to have been added to blend with all that pepper to soften or sweeten the cigar a bit.  Tried it twice and just got two blasts of bland, dry pepper.  Not really bitter, but generates no desire to smoke regularly.   Ick! [+o(]
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    i would have to say grape swisher sweet.  jk.  for me thus far would be the Diesel Shorty.  I love smoking that stick.  Such a strong jar of my noggin. 
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I haven't had tons of spicy cigars (not real crazy about them so i don't really seek them out), but i thought that DPG Blue was pretty spicy. And believe it or not i thought the Chateau Real was pretty spicy, but that may have been becuase I was expecting a creamy connecticut and got a little pepper bomb when i lit it. Plus the one i had was a petite corona-ish size; not sure if the vitola had something to do with the amount of spice or not.
  • GarheadGarhead Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    MESKC:
    many are talking about the Cu-Avana Punisher. I have two resting.
    +1, hands down the spiciest cigar I've ever had. I think they must lace it with capsaicin oil, damn thing burns your lips and mouth for the first 1/3rd. No way regular tobacco can get that spicy! Takes away from the flavor though, it was like burning a tasteless jalepeno pepper stuffed with some ligero for the first third. Mellowed out though.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Garhead:
    MESKC:
    many are talking about the Cu-Avana Punisher. I have two resting.
    +1, hands down the spiciest cigar I've ever had. I think they must lace it with capsaicin oil, damn thing burns your lips and mouth for the first 1/3rd. No way regular tobacco can get that spicy! Takes away from the flavor though, it was like burning a tasteless jalepeno pepper stuffed with some ligero for the first third. Mellowed out though.
    My buddy that runs the B&M over here finally got one to try after I told him to go for it. His experience was similar in regards of the heat but seemed to think the flavor was more pronounced that what you are saying. He did say it wasn't as balanced as he would' ve liked, being that the spice was still overpowering the flavor. Gonna have to pick some up when they become more available.

Finally...I see some posts from those who have tried the Pvnisher...and can attest to what I was trying to describe.  At first I thought the cigar was a gimmick...infused with cayenne pepper oil or something at the head, becuase it burns on physical contact.  MoW Puro?  Diesel Shorty?  Not even the same league, ballpark, or sport even...

As soon as I rotate back to the states, I'll be putting my remaining Pvnishers up for trade...not really an enjoyable everyday smoke to me other than just trying it to see what all the hype was about. 

I'm off to enjoy a 5 Vegas Miami with a nice cup of coffee...you guys have a good one!

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Hey SmokySuit, PM me your addy.

You have been PMed, whats up?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Thanks to this thread I have just bought a box of Puro Authentico's and the daily deal of 5 Punishers. Thanks a ton BORKs for contributing to the depletion of my bank account. ;-)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    clearlysuspect:
    Thanks to this thread I have just bought a box of Puro Authentico's and the daily deal of 5 Punishers. Thanks a ton BORKs for contributing to the depletion of my bank account. ;-)
    If you can count on the guys here for one thing...