Home General Discussion

COOLIDORASAURUS!

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Sandman1am:
    You said you were having problems with your beads. How was the seal on your last humi? How big was it and how many beads did you use? I have found that the 67% worked a little better for my needs. When I was having problems it was because I was not using enough beads or that my humi was less then half full of sticks.
    The seals on all my humi's all pass the dollar bill test with flying colors. They are various sizes between 40 - 500 count, and I used what should have been plenty of beads in each. I started with the 70% beads, and they always ran high, so I then ordered the 65% beads and they were better... but in each case, the RH was all over the d@mned place. In each humi, when I used gel jars or active humidification, the RH was much more accurate & steady.

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    The Sniper:
    Sandman1am:
    You said you were having problems with your beads. How was the seal on your last humi? How big was it and how many beads did you use? I have found that the 67% worked a little better for my needs. When I was having problems it was because I was not using enough beads or that my humi was less then half full of sticks.
    The seals on all my humi's all pass the dollar bill test with flying colors. They are various sizes between 40 - 500 count, and I used what should have been plenty of beads in each. I started with the 70% beads, and they always ran high, so I then ordered the 65% beads and they were better... but in each case, the RH was all over the d@mned place. In each humi, when I used gel jars or active humidification, the RH was much more accurate & steady.

So whatcha gonna do with the old Humi's Brother? (said like the Hulkster since I can do a decent impression...)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Size please...
    Diamondog:
    Size please...
    The Sniper:
    415:
    Very nice. but it looks a bit empty. what size is that cooler?
    Cant remember exactly WHAT size it was (will try to remember to grab that info the next time Im at WallyWorld), but I do remember giggling because it was listed in GALLONS instead of the QUARTS that most coolers list their size in.

Apparently I was mistaken when I wrote this earlier - went back & checked, and its a 120 quart cooler.

• Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Wow! Good thinking on the size, mine is a 48 qt. and it is full. I also keep water and beads in it and it works great. I just open the lid a couple times a week for circulation.
    Hayblet:
    So whatcha gonna do with the old Humi's Brother? (said like the Hulkster since I can do a decent impression...)
    I dont know Spencer, havent really thought about it. If I was smart, which Ive never been accused of, I would keep it around for when I eventually overflow Coolidorasaurus. Actually, for those of you who remember me bombing Santa Claus (my buddy Chuck) at Christmas, he has really embraced this hobby of ours to the point where he was asking last week how to make a coolidor.

What did that take... three months tops? LOL
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Awsome set-up brother ! Good looking young lady helping you out there as well . And kudo's to the pugster for being a good sport and playing along too !!!
    gmill880:
    Awsome set-up brother ! Good looking young lady helping you out there as well . And kudo's to the pugster for being a good sport and playing along too !!!
    Yeah... thank GOD my girls look like their mama! LOL

As for the pug, she still hasnt forgiven me. :-)

smoke em if you got em:
    I bought one of those Oust fans off Amazon for pretty cheaper. It runs for 5mins then off for 15min...very quite fan too. Might want to check it out for yourself.
    Just picked up 3 of the Oust fans for under $20 shipped. Thanks for the tip smoke em! Will try to remember to post an update once I get them in and running to let everyone know how they worked out.

• ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Hey - I have one of those wire racks around somewhere! Coolidor upgrade time!!!
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    The Chicago Bears NFL champion banner on the wall behind the cooler sold me on this thread.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    No problem bro.
    Vidarien:
    The Chicago Bears NFL champion banner on the wall behind the cooler sold me on this thread.
    Loud & proud baby - GO BEARS!!! :-D

• Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    mfotis:
    Get that Pug a Cigar!!!
    Lol this made me laugh
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    So I was in HELL (pronounced walmart) yesterday and saw one of the bad boys.
    Looks like it is time for the expansion to begin.

• MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    I'm going to be forced to do the same thing. I'm all out of room on two humidors, just ordered a box of Ccom Brazilians and eyeballing a box of Oliva V's. Coolador is now a must and the wife is going to have a cow. Nice!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    stephen_hannibal:
    So I was in HELL (pronounced walmart) yesterday and saw one of the bad boys.
    Looks like it is time for the expansion to begin.

I have to purposefully avoid the camping/sporting section of that store just so I don't walk out with a cooler. I know as soon as I see the right size, buying it will be folllowed almost immediately by a massive order from ccom.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I think Fatty McTubbs would be a GREAT name for a cigar. Oh...nice coolidor btw ;)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    HAHA. Just dug this up. Glen - you are such a Poe.
    LOL Well, at least now when you build your coolidor (around these forums its not an IF...) you at least have the beginnings of a template to work off. You should do another search of the forums for hannibal's coolidor - he pimped his out with GROUND EFFECTS bro, I kid you not! Thing is the epotiome of the word AWESOME!!!

• *Petey**Petey* Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    The Sniper:
    LOL Well, at least now when you build your coolidor (around these forums its not an IF...) you at least have the beginnings of a template to work off. You should do another search of the forums for hannibal's coolidor - he pimped his out with GROUND EFFECTS bro, I kid you not! Thing is the epotiome of the word AWESOME!!!

hahaha, totally agree there. The lights are F'ing sweet too. In fact Stephen, where are the pics of yours? I can't find em when I search.
    *Petey*:
    The Sniper:

hahaha, totally agree there. The lights are F'ing sweet too. In fact Stephen, where are the pics of yours? I can't find em when I search.
    Got it! Gentlemen, it is my DISTINCT pleasure to introduce you all to Stephen Hannibal's MECHACOOLIDORASAURUS...

I hereby challenge any and all BOTL to pimp their coolidors out and beat this awesomeness! There have been unconfirmed reports that this thing transforms into a robot when hannibal isnt around... :-D

The Sniper:
    *Petey*:
    The Sniper:

Got it! Gentlemen, it is my DISTINCT pleasure to introduce you all to Stephen Hannibal's MECHACOOLIDORASAURUS...

I hereby challenge any and all BOTL to pimp their coolidors out and beat this awesomeness! There have been unconfirmed reports that this thing transforms into a robot when hannibal isnt around... :-D

hahahaha, so F'ing bad ***. the lights are a real nice touch. Wish LED's came in more glass top and glass front humi's.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Wow necro-thread! I'm going to be adding leds to my desktops this summer.

Yeah necro-thread... better than a year ago! My baby girl looks so young in those pictures... and I look so fat... LOL

The LED's in the desktops would be even more off the hook if they're glass tops!!! :-)

stephen_hannibal:
    Wow necro-thread! I'm going to be adding leds to my desktops this summer.

hahaha, thats freakin cool. You gotta get some pics up of that.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Forget the lights, I just want that many sticks. Moving can't happen soon enough
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    That must smell awesome when you open up the big lid. O_O
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    The Sniper:
    *Petey*:
    The Sniper:

that gives me ideas for the 70qt... :D