nica libre potencia whooweee

2»

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    dbeckom:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    The Kid:
    bigharpoon:
    I think I'm too grizzled on the original's inconsistent flavor and quality to go for the new one. I'm holding off for more feedback for a little while (not that I discredit the feedback so far).
    Looking for a little more feedback on this stick. Little help please.
    Marker is a fan of these and has smoked a few, PM him for a review.
    Rudy, they are GREAT! I'm not a fan of the original, but I love the Potencia!
    Thanks DB
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was looking for some more input on these. I have a chance to grab some of these at $2.95/stick but can't decide if I want to pull the trigger.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Goatmilk:
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was looking for some more input on these. I have a chance to grab some of these at $2.95/stick but can't decide if I want to pull the trigger.

OK, here's what I've come up with:
    1. They're made by Oliva
    2. They're rolled in exactly the same vitolas as the V
    3. Same strength and flavor profile as the V
    4. I've smoked the Double Robusto NLP and V side-by-side, and I can't tell the difference
    5. I've smoked the Torps side-by-side and can't tell the difference

All that being said, maybe my palate isn't as refined as some, but IMO if you take the bands off, I would be willing to bet that 99% of the smokers out there could not differentiate between the NLP and the V.
    Hope this helps!
    And as far as walking the walk, I hit that deal next door for two today.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Steve2010:
    Goatmilk:

1. They're made by Oliva
    4. I've smoked the Double Robusto NLP and V side-by-side, and I can't tell the difference

All that being said, maybe my palate isn't as refined as some, but IMO if you take the bands off, I would be willing to bet that 99% of the smokers out there could not differentiate between the NLP and the V.
    Hope this helps!

idk man the V is a bit different than the nica. To my palate anyway.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    No worries. Some people like the regular Nica Libre, I don't care for it.
    Some people (to include CA) like the A. Turrent Triple Play, but not me.
    I love the Camacho Triple Maduro, but the "professionals" at CA saw it differently.
    Different smokes for different folks
    As long as you smoke cigars, you're OK with me.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Those are some great sticks especially for the price and The One is a definate favorite.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    stephen_hannibal:
    Steve2010:
    Goatmilk:

1. They're made by Oliva

Hope this helps!

idk man the V is a bit different than the nica. To my palate anyway.
    (IMO) There are some similarities especially the aroma,but im pretty confident I could tell the difference
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I just smoked the last one in my humi last weekend, about 8 months rest on it and it was great. I was going to limit myself to buying mostly higher end sticks this year, but I'm going to have to get more of these. I would definatley recommend.