Home General Discussion

nica libre potencia whooweee

bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
I received the added potencias with my nica libre order. Damn I like a full bodied stick. Heck I can handle a double maduro cao but the potencia knock me on my butt. I can't handlem.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Damn, I've been wanting to try those along with the Cuba Libre One and the Pvnisher.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Donate them to me....... seriously though, they are pretty strong huh
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    What's a double maduro cao? The MX2? I didn't know that was considered a strong cigar, came off as medium to me. Been curious about the Potencia though, hope to see it on a DD and snag a fiver.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    Andy was giving me the low-down on this during my last order and it sounded pretty damn tasty so I bit on a single.

I've got it in my 2nd humidor for aging but I'm not sure it'll last long come spring. Zulu, had yours been sleeping for a bit or was it OTT?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    j0z3r:
    What's a double maduro cao? The MX2? I didn't know that was considered a strong cigar, came off as medium to me. Been curious about the Potencia though, hope to see it on a DD and snag a fiver.
    agree on both counts
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Fired up the first stick maybe the second day I got it from ccom. It is a unique cigar. It is night and day comparing it to the regular nica libre. I have given sticks to vets who cough after the first draw. It settles down after that but wow...it is strong and earthy.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    ive been thinking about this stick for a bit now. I love the regular Nica, and have been waiting for feedback on this new one.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I keep waiting for them to pop up on the DD. Maybe soon.
    Russ55:
    When they do, want to go halfsies on 10 to get the free ship?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    When they do, want to go halfsies on 10 to get the free ship?
    Yeah, that sounds great.
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    Man I really need to try these. Might have to order a 5 pack and see what they are about.
    bluezulu:
    Fired up the first stick maybe the second day I got it from ccom. It is a unique cigar. It is night and day comparing it to the regular nica libre. I have given sticks to vets who cough after the first draw. It settles down after that but wow...it is strong and earthy.
    Interesting...I'm always looking for that next good, strong cigar.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    I just smoked my first Potencia. What a fantastic stick. Definitely full-bodied, but not overwhelming. I smoked the double toro and was worried I'd be green by the end, but I felt fine. A good buzz the end, but that was it. The stick has just a ton of great, deep, complexity, and it continues to get smoother and tastier as it goes. By the end, I was retrohaling 90% of the smoke. Outstanding.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I had one of these on Monday and it is a great smoke! It was everything I hoped the original would be. Full bodied and flavored. Loved it!
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    I agree it's a good smoke. I still have one more sitting in the humi. I would really like to see a DD on these soon.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Sounds like my kind of stick, looking for a good DD on them
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    If you want some at a good deal (IMO) right now, take a look at the Freedom Sampler-includes 4 of the Potencia. $40 for 16 sticks..
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    The guy at the ci store said he guaranteed that on a blind taste test you would be able to tell the difference between these and the oliva V.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    They have a sample pack for the daily special for ccom. Yall's pallets are gonna explode. Don't try to retro hale these.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I think I'm too grizzled on the original's inconsistent flavor and quality to go for the new one. I'm holding off for more feedback for a little while (not that I discredit the feedback so far).
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I have a cigar that my local shop owner rolled and I'm scared to smoke it. It's a 6x60 monster, and he calls it "The Wolfman"....

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    bigharpoon:
    I think I'm too grizzled on the original's inconsistent flavor and quality to go for the new one. I'm holding off for more feedback for a little while (not that I discredit the feedback so far).
    Looking for a little more feedback on this stick. Little help please.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    The Kid:
    bigharpoon:
    Marker is a fan of these and has smoked a few, PM him for a review.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

You guys know I have a good deal on these...  all you have to do is email and ask!

tblythe@cigar.com

these taste like Oliva Serie V to me....

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    timb:

You guys know I have a good deal on these...  all you have to do is email and ask!

tblythe@cigar.com

lol OK sending email
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    timb:

tblythe@cigar.com

I thought today's daily deal WAS the good deal on these :) 5 Potencia and 5 V, that's hard to beat!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I'm actually in the minority here, but I really didn't care for the original. Now the Potencia, on the other hand, I absolutely loved. My last order inlcuded a box of them. I can't wait to see what some age does for these.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    The Kid:
    bigharpoon:
    Marker is a fan of these and has smoked a few, PM him for a review.
    Rudy, they are GREAT! I'm not a fan of the original, but I love the Potencia!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    anyone that wants them and not those v's on the dd, ill trade something for the 5 v's.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    jj20030:
    anyone that wants them and not those v's on the dd, ill trade something for the 5 v's.
    Agreed. Always willing to trade for some V. I do thoroughly enjoy the Nica Potentia torps but I have many on hand currently. I also enjoy the V in the torp and the 6x60.