Home General Discussion

opinions please

2»

Comments

• ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I like the "Experts Pick" section. can you throw a link in there to older expert picks as well. The revolving daily deal is nice as well.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    wwhwang:
    I'd love to see more than one deal per day! But instead of rotating every 8 hours, how's about we do three separate deals at the same time?

1.) 5 Packs or samplers
    2.) Box Deals that aren't in the Box Bedlam section
    3.) Cigar Accessories (hygrometers, lighters, cutters, humi-gel, etc)

This way, no one has to scramble to see if they missed anything during the day, but there are more options.
    I like the idea of having a variety of choices that I can pick up anytime throughout the day instead of a rotation of stuff that we might miss due to work or other obligations...
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    I like the deals I to would like to see and pick from any of the deals that day
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Read all of the responses... It seems the fairest for those who cant access the site until evening would be to run the deals all day simultaneously. It also seems toi give the most exposure and sales opportunities for C.com to offer them all day long. wwhwang Bro u can join my mgt team anyday!!!
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Hawk55:
    Read all of the responses... It seems the fairest for those who cant access the site until evening would be to run the deals all day simultaneously. It also seems toi give the most exposure and sales opportunities for C.com to offer them all day long. wwhwang Bro u can join my mgt team anyday!!!

+1, always feel like I might have missed something. I would also like to see a "short smokes" DD like Partagas prontos now that the weather is so cold.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Krieg:
    mfotis:
    drpepperdude:
    I think it's a great idea!

Two things I would like to see implemented with this though:

1. have each of the 3 daily deals be a mild, medium, or full bodied offering in no particular order (stock allowing of course)

2. Make it possible for those who work all day long to view and purchase the deals that that ocurred during the day in case it's the one they wanted out of the three (assuming it's still in stock, of course).

+1
    +1 def think being able to see the previous day's deals is a big must have...I work during the day and don't always get to check the site till I get home.
    I'm right here with these guys, especially on point 2.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Thanks everyone for all of your great feedback and we will work to implement some of your suggestions. As of now, if you missed a deal, go ahead and let one of the consultants know and they will honor it. One last question, do you guys like seeing the deals throughout the day and one at a time or would it be easier and more appealing to have all three up at the same time all day?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I think if the 3 deals were posted at once that would be pretty sweet ..... I work long shifts so I may only get to see one of the deals in the morning and by the time i get home its often times a new day. Thanks for everything that makes CCOM THE BEST !
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I agree with kingjk729... have them posted all day, that's just easier for guys who are working long hours or out of the office a lot... Thanks again Alex! This is pretty awesome! And thanks for your resommendation of the Punch Double Maduro Rothschild in a previous thread... I picked up a few and LOVED them!!! the flavor notes were right up my alley
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Having them all up would be nice, but I can see from a marketing stand-point wanting people to come back multiple times everyday to check the deals. If left to the customer, bring em on all at once.
  • DynaguyDynaguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 49
    Of course, the idea of multiple deals is to drive website traffic. I agree with those wanting a certain time of day when all deals (that aren't sold out) are available. I think its kind of fun to check in frequently.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I think that it's a great idea, and personally since I work rotating shifts would like them to be up all day but if not some sort of notification push would be great. Thanks for even more great deals Alex and CCOM!!!
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    This may be Daily Deal heresy but I would like to be able to see future deals coming up on a monthly calendar. May seem crazy but why not? Buyers would hold out on some brands, but no site does this and I think it would be fun to scan ahead and budget accordingly. You don't even have to post a price, just let the fans of the site know that on a certain date their brand will be featured.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    havanaal:
    This may be Daily Deal heresy but I would like to be able to see future deals coming up on a monthly calendar. May seem crazy but why not? Buyers would hold out on some brands, but no site does this and I think it would be fun to scan ahead and budget accordingly. You don't even have to post a price, just let the fans of the site know that on a certain date their brand will be featured.
    Not sure how this would work with rotation of old/new stock, but that would be like a virtual time machine into the future! :D
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    robbyras:
    I agree with kingjk729... have them posted all day, that's just easier for guys who are working long hours or out of the office a lot... Thanks again Alex! This is pretty awesome! And thanks for your resommendation of the Punch Double Maduro Rothschild in a previous thread... I picked up a few and LOVED them!!! the flavor notes were right up my alley
    +1
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    I'm a really big fan of it, especially if it means that there are better chances for samplers. Also like other people have said as long as it means that the quality of the deals don't suffer
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I've changed my mind about this. Now that I have seen it in action for a little while, I really don't like it very much. It seemed like the deals were a bit nicer when it was only one per day. It just seems like too much now. I feel like the deals were sweeter, and the cigars were more to my liking when it was just one deal per day. This is just my opinion, and I wanted to share it. Thanks
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    ejenne87:
    I've changed my mind about this. Now that I have seen it in action for a little while, I really don't like it very much. It seemed like the deals were a bit nicer when it was only one per day. It just seems like too much now. I feel like the deals were sweeter, and the cigars were more to my liking when it was just one deal per day. This is just my opinion, and I wanted to share it. Thanks
    I think that will fluctuate though. Sometimes they'll have an insane deal, like in December when they had Oliva MB3 for $4/stick. I've never seen them close to that price, anywhere - part of me wishes I bought more than three 5-packs. Other times they'll have a great deal on a cigar that I don't plan on trying. And sometimes they'll have an average deal on an average cigar. Today's deal on San Cristobal was very enticing, but in 3 hours maybe they'll pop up a mediocre deal. Part of the fun is seeing what the deal is. Regardless of how many times a day they switch the deal, we can't expect a slam-dunk every single time - otherwise, they'd go out of business.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kingjk729:
    I think if the 3 deals were posted at once that would be pretty sweet ..... I work long shifts so I may only get to see one of the deals in the morning and by the time i get home its often times a new day. Thanks for everything that makes CCOM THE BEST !
    +1
  • brizzzinebrizzzine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    How about free shipping on all daily deals? Or at least half off shipping on 5 packs? I know it's a bit of a loss to offer free shipping on a 5 pack, but on the same token, I have passed up many deals just because I couldn't justify the $6 for 5 cigars.

I have also seen some deals that require 2 purchases for free shipping, then hours later it changes to only needing to buy 1.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'd love to see 3 deals all up at the same time, but in a different format. I hate only seeing the price on one deal when there's three out. Maybe the same format as the BOGO page?