Home General Discussion

opinions please

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Hey everybody. Just landed in Miami on my way home from Nicaragua. The tobacco this year looks absolutely delicious. Anyway, you may have noticed that this february we are changing it up bit with www.dailycigardeal.com and trying to offer up to three different deals everyday. I just wanted to check with you guys to see if you like this better vs the old method of one deal each day. Hope to hear back from you and looking forward to your feedback!

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    The more deals the better for us, but not our wallets.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    I think it's a great idea!

Two things I would like to see implemented with this though:

1. have each of the 3 daily deals be a mild, medium, or full bodied offering in no particular order (stock allowing of course)

2. Make it possible for those who work all day long to view and purchase the deals that that ocurred during the day in case it's the one they wanted out of the three (assuming it's still in stock, of course).

• The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Hey anytime their are multiple deals to choose from is better than being stuck with only one that you either like or dislike.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    I like multiple daily deals I noticed it the other day and wasn't sure if it was a fluke or not but now that I know its not I'm stoked. are you guys going to continue the single/box bedlem deal? I know a couple guys where askin bout that.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    I would like to have the chance to purchase something at the end of the day as I can't check the deals all the time, would be a nice feature :)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I have no idea you were changing it multiple times daily on purpose. I thought that you were running out. My only suggestion would be a count down until each one is up. Let's say like 8 hours each.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I like the multiple deals, but I'd like to be able to see the older ones and have a chance at them if I miss them. In the same day, at least.

Also, I don't need multiple deals if the quality is going to suffer to increase the quantity. Not saying that's going to happen or has, but I've seen it on other sites. I know the tern "quality" is very subjective, so take it lightly. Hopefully you know what I mean.
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey everybody. Just landed in Miami on my way home from Nicaragua. The tobacco this year looks absolutely delicious. Anyway, you may have noticed that this february we are changing it up bit with www.dailycigardeal.com and trying to offer up to three different deals everyday. I just wanted to check with you guys to see if you like this better vs the old method of one deal each day. Hope to hear back from you and looking forward to your feedback!
    /////15 minutes 7 opinions...guess the floodgates are open...by the way, many great ideas and points...no sense paying an outside marketing agency, just ask the forum :)
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I like the option of multiple deals per day, but would prefer to be able to see all three at some point in the day, or at least be able to predict when the "next" deal is going to show up. I generally check the daily deal in the morning and that's it. I could see checking it morning/noon/night or something like that, but I can't see myself refreshing it over and over.

I would prefer to be able to see all the deals at one time, but it's probably better for driving business if they're time sensitive ;)
  • suneet21suneet21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Love the deals and always get tempted by them.

My techie side says you guys should have a Twitter account where CC posts out their DailyDeals to their followers - just in case I happen to forget to go to CC's homepage or miss the email.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    +1 to the idea of seeing all 3 deals at least once during the day; I typically only check the DD once a day, so even if I can't buy all 3 at once, I'd at least like the option to log in in the morning and see what the 3 DD's are gonna be that day and when they'll go up so I don't miss out
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    I like the idea....How about this also......At the end of the day...you can buy all 3 for a discounted/group price.......
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    drpepperdude:

1. have each of the 3 daily deals be a mild, medium, or full bodied offering in no particular order (stock allowing of course)

2. Make it possible for those who work all day long to view and purchase the deals that that ocurred during the day in case it's the one they wanted out of the three (assuming it's still in stock, of course).

+1
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    That is a great service to us but please make it where we can see all three at some point for us working stiffs.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    rwheelwright:
    I have no idea you were changing it multiple times daily on purpose. I thought that you were running out. My only suggestion would be a count down until each one is up. Let's say like 8 hours each.
    = 1 on that because i was going to hit omn those Cains the other day... i did some running around and checked the Bank account and asked the wife and i got back on and the deal was something else I was PISSED i thought they sold out too.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Works for me Alex. Tho im sure it won't for the wife. ;)
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I am a fan of the multiple deals per day. I also recommend a way where we can see all the deals that appeared throughout the day. Also, would it be difficult to set up some sort of notification system (RSS, email, etc) to subscribers whenever a new deal pops up?
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    sightunseen:
    I am a fan of the multiple deals per day. I also recommend a way where we can see all the deals that appeared throughout the day. Also, would it be difficult to set up some sort of notification system (RSS, email, etc) to subscribers whenever a new deal pops up?
    Daily deals are already on RSS?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    How can you go wrong with more options?
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    Hey Alex, Love the idea....def get it done!!! Looking forward to more selection.... Stav
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    3 diff types of deal would be good, say a 5pack of x cigar, sampler of a few different sticks, and a box of y cigar.
    either all available all day, or have it so the 5er is in the morn, sampler at lunch, box in the eve. or something similar.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I love multiple deals throughout the day. It's fun to keep checking in if I have the opportunity and it covers more ground offering much more variety. I think it would work out for Ccom too because I imagine your volume of hits would increase, spurring more buying and browsing in general.

Having a way to see all the deals at the end of the day is nice, too, and yet another chance to buy them (if they aren't sold out) in case we missed it the first time.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I feel like the daily deal forum is way too cluttered now. I liked only having like 8 threads in there before. Now it is just crazy with the same date for everything, and about 6 days worth of deals (x3, per day). Is there a way to kinda stick everything in the same order all the time, so I know which deal is which? Just a though. If I am alone on this I am fine with having to sort it out one my own :-)
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I love the idea of multiple deals each day..and like the majority we would just like to see each of the deals all day long so we dont miss out some of the good stuff...the more options the better..i know the wife wont agree with that but hey..i just wont ask her opinion..LOL
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'd love to see more than one deal per day! But instead of rotating every 8 hours, how's about we do three separate deals at the same time?

1.) 5 Packs or samplers
    2.) Box Deals that aren't in the Box Bedlam section
    3.) Cigar Accessories (hygrometers, lighters, cutters, humi-gel, etc)

This way, no one has to scramble to see if they missed anything during the day, but there are more options.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    mfotis:
    drpepperdude:

+1
    +1 def think being able to see the previous day's deals is a big must have...I work during the day and don't always get to check the site till I get home.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    If you build it they will come. I support as many options as possible. I would love to see an Iphone app sometime in the future with push notifications. Then you could push all your deals my way.