Home General Discussion

What do you do WHILE you smoke?

Comments

• asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Usually read - either for pleasure or (much more common since I started grad school) studying. Sometimes I'll watch a video or something on my laptop - usually a TV show, but over the winter when I was studying quantum field theory I'd watch these video lectures, great excuse for a smoke! :D - but usually reading, if I'm alone. But of course a cigar is best had with great company and great conversation!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    ctschirgi:
    I have burned quite a few sticks while watching the waves roll by from the stern of a cutter; sometimes by myself, sometimes with others. When not at sea I'll sit out on the porch with a good book.
    Holy crap you have to post more often. I need to hear some boat stories.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    During the winter I will smoke in my garage with a beer in hand. The other 3 seasons I normally sit on my patio and have a beer while watching my son play outside. My favorite thing to do is light the chimnea up late at night and just sit out back, relax and think about the day...o yeah...during the summer when I go to the beach...I love having a beer, sitting on the sand in a chair and watching the sun set...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    ctschirgi:
    I have burned quite a few sticks while watching the waves roll by from the stern of a cutter; sometimes by myself, sometimes with others. When not at sea I'll sit out on the porch with a good book.
    which cutter are you on? is it the sweetbrier? my uncle was the CO
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Enjoying an adult beverage and listening to a book on tape....just chillin n relaxin.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I usually read or get on the internet (inevitably reading about cigars). On a clear night, I just sit out there and stare at the stars. Very peaceful.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    This week listening to waves crash on the beach...every other week freezing in my garage or mentally preparing for another day on the drive in to the rodeo show aka work...
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    I think off all the riches I've been blessed with, and (hopefully) ways to accumulate more.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Depends on the mood. Soemtimes I'll bring my iPod stereo outside and listen to music, or just sit in peace and quiet. If I'm smoking with a friend we usually just shoot the breeze about whatever's goin on at the moment. If I'm drinking anything, it's usually A&W Root Beer.
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    I don't really enjoy it, but a cigar makes it a lot better... shoveling snow.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    When it is nice outside, I'm on the back deck listening to the stream that runs through our property. When it is not nice enough outside, I am usually playing poker on line.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I'm usually by myself when I smoke a cigar down in my garage, listening to the Blowin Smoke podcast and drinking a coke...or if it's summer time, I'll be listening to the Braves game.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Krieg:
    I'll be listening to the Braves game.

I usually read a book in the yard, since I live in CA it never gets really cold so I can do that most of the time... My dog will come with me so I'll play with him too... I work from home and have a home office so I smoke in there too...when it comes to time, location and weather for smoking, I'm pretty lucky
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    dennisking:
    ctschirgi:
    which cutter are you on? is it the sweetbrier? my uncle was the CO
    They took the SWEETBRIER out of service in 2001. It's SYCAMORE now. That's pretty cool your uncle was the CO.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I try to relax and enjoy the moment, when at home I sit on my back porch and watch the birds at the feeders, when camping I just sit and take in the environment I find myself in, and when smoking at work I try to educate my direct reports on good tobacco and talk strategy and politics of the work place so when they get their chance they are prepared.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    the warm months...on my balcony smoking away with my boys, or by myself on my gravity chair.... and during the freakin winter months( living in illinois) , i converted my garage into a man cave ( couch, heater, small fridge, a few cigar posters, and a few tops to cigar boxes nailed to the wall..) cant wait to to walk outside with my dog , once the weather gets nice again!!!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Believe it or not, taxidermy while I'm smoking a cigar...it sometimes can be distracting as I have to go outside the shop to smoke so the smoke doesn't "cling" to my work lol....also like drinking coke with my cigars while talking to the wife when I'm not working and she doesn't mind it at all :)
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Listen to some Miles or Coltrane. Sit on my back porch just enjoying the stick. Laugh and joke at one of the two b&ms or chillin at the club.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    mostly, I smoke with friends so we are usually talking or playing poker - almost always with a nice adult beverage in hand. If I am smoking alone, I like to watch tv if the roommate is going to be gone for a while, but normally I sit in my car and listen to NPR.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I like to rub one out. Oh wait this says smoke not stroke. DOH!
  • stubshaftstubshaft Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    At work, I'll make myself a coffee and sneak off and relax for an hour or so. I work in a power plant and look after a crew of welders. I usually have a welding smoke-eater handy to keep nosey-parkers away. My sig pic is me at work. At home it's with a coffee or with a scotch or a nice rum. Warm weather? My deck or a park with a good read.
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    Mostly I like to just smoke and relax and enjoy the quiet on my balcony. Sometimes I smoke with friends, but not usually. Even though I mostly work alone, I still need that still moment with the cigar to stop thinking in circles.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    If the sun is up i usually smoke in my shop will hanging with my dog. At night i light my fire pit in the backyard an chill in my hamock.
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    In the warm weather.. sittin on the porch.. cup of coffee and watching the humming birds at the feeder while listening to the "Oldies" station (pre 1975 stuff). Winter time.. just wait for warmer weather..
  • cleakecleake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    Hey Colonel.........check your PM
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    Winter im usually at a B&M since i cant smoke in my Apt. when its not to cold out im usually on the deck listening to Dogwatch or music. Ill have to test out this local bar that allows smoking on their deck and people watch this year. i found out about it to late last yr.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    Relax, enjoy, drink and drink some more. :)
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Smoking is all about relaxing for me. So if I'm alone i'll read, water the garden, or just chill with my dogs, or if I'm with someone then we'll usually just hang out on the back porch chatting about whatever pops up.

Occassionally, I'll smoke while mowing the lawn too.
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Tell me more.. I served on the Cook Inlet, Duane, Evergreen, and Hamilton. Sempar Paratus.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Necro. As of late, I either V Herf or watch Survivorman. Just Les Stroud, myself and his prison for seven days....condensed in to a convenient 43 minute episode.