Home General Discussion

January sweepstakes winner

2»

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    Im glad someone agrees with me here! lol...and guys, i do see it has a business to keep new people to stroll through and try and get more business that way....but i was just trying to throw out a suggestion
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    While I DO think it would be awesome to get a forum-only contest going, I'm not bothered when non-forum folks win the regular Monthly Giveaway. Would I have liked someone here to win rather than a random person? Most definitely. I like seeing good things happen to good people and I don't know Phillipe S. from a hole in the wall.

In the grand scheme of things, though, I look at it like this: The giveaways attract the type of customer to the site that just comes in, clicks what they want and goes. That kind of business affords CCOM the ability to let us call in for special orders, pricing, offers etc. So in affect the random passer-by is helping finance my cigar collection. Anything that brings more of that business in is a win for CCOM and subsequently a win for me.

All that being said I would jump ALL over a forum-only contest :p
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    It is nice to know who wins this. I do not like the idea of a forum only members contest. There would be some that become members and post, for lack of a better term, junk posts just so they could enter into some contest. I believe that it would be bad for our ccom community that we all love and enjoy so much. It would distract for those of us who are here to learn and have a good time. I like the way things are run now. Besides we do have active memebers that have won but like others have posted the forum members are just a small base of Ccom's customers. They have to know and cater to their entire audience/customers. I think they are doing a great job at that now.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Sandman1am:
    It is nice to know who wins this. I do not like the idea of a forum only members contest. There would be some that become members and post, for lack of a better term, junk posts just so they could enter into some contest. I believe that it would be bad for our ccom community that we all love and enjoy so much. It would distract for those of us who are here to learn and have a good time. I like the way things are run now. Besides we do have active memebers that have won but like others have posted the forum members are just a small base of Ccom's customers. They have to know and cater to their entire audience/customers. I think they are doing a great job at that now.
    Agreed. The monthly contests are great and adds excitment, but the real jewel of Ccom (aside from their awesome customer service) is this forum.
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    DAAMN those were my Birthday Present.... DAMN
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    sightunseen:
    Sandman1am:
    Agreed. The monthly contests are great and adds excitment, but the real jewel of Ccom (aside from their awesome customer service) is this forum.
    good points
  • brizzzinebrizzzine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 92
    Who won the Oliva V Maduros on 2-28-11?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    brizzzine:
    Who won the Oliva V Maduros on 2-28-11?
    You had to bring up this painful thread? You HAD to remind us that someone who likely smokes phillies blunts won a box of such an amazing cigar?