Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Miami Toro Revisit after 3 months

BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
Lets take a look at the Padilla Miami Toro.

First impressions: A silky smooth wrapper with no noticable imprefections. Smooth and a dark velvety brown with minimal veins and barely noticable seams. A nice triple cap with a rounded head. Solid feel with a balanced weight and feel across the whole stick.

Lighting: Using a straight cut above the second seam of the cap with a three sided Cuban Crafters scissors. I used a dual torch Xicar Axia to light. Prelight of mature tobacco with no sourness in the taste. We are in for something special.

First puffs: Strong pepper flavor, a loose draw with a high volume of smoke.

First third: Starting with a strong pepper, I am beginning to taste french roasted coffee with a retrohale of licorice and toasted marshmallows. Plenty of smoke with a staight burn. A dark grey ash with black streaks along the veins. Powerful tobacco flavor looking forward to settle in to some of the complexity of the stick.

Second third: Still showing signs of pepper starting to settle down a bit. Retrohale of a dark merlot and oak. Licorice and toasted marshmallow disappears replaced with a long merlot blackberry flavor, draw tighting up nicely. Noted some blackberry sweetness along with a finish of raspberry and hazelnut.

Final third: Merlot and fruit flavors are replaced with Creamy nutty coffee. The burn requires a touch up but nothing serious. Nutty flavor intensifies through the retrohale. A bit of leather on the follow through from the mouth through the nose. The fruity merlot flavor is gone. Complexity of all the flavors meld into one another in a chorus of flavor. No further corrections required through the last inch.

Final Inch: I noted some short raisin, gingerbread, and the merlot on the follow through of the retrohale. Also noting some marshmallow returning along with the licorice flavor strongly on the back notes of the finish.

Overall Final Impressions: Amazing, this is a medium-full flavored cigar with a mature complexity. I have not come across flavors of this complexity in a while. This is an amazing stick and with the CC Bedlam deal at $99. Another box of twenty five requires a purchase. I was impressed and intreged with this cigar. I wouldnt hesitate on another box soon at this price.

Cigar 002

Comments