Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    During the pre-season and first few weeks all I heard was how the only chance the AFC had of beating the Steelers was if Tom Brady and the Patriots get back in sync early and dominate. They got nowhere near the love the Patriots get, but they got their share. And the Cowboys being "America's Team" is still their unofficial title. They are STILL the most valuable team in all the NFL AND still more merchandise than ANY team in the NFL.
    Well, they were returning 20 of 22 starters from a Super Bowl team, I think, so that only makes sense to give them the love. Plus, I remember virtually everyone (ESPN, SI, etc.) picking the Pats or some other team. SI ranked the Steelers as the 8th best team at the beginning of the season. So methinks you were protesting too much about that.

But I digress, who cares about merchandise sales and frachise values (I know you're just explaining why they're mislabeled America's team)? My point is, the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year and in 2005 and they've pretty much been in the hunt every year since the 1990s with the exception of a season here or there. So they're relevant when talking about good teams. The only way the Cowboys have been relevant since the days of Troy, Michael and Emmitt is when it comes to Tony's celebrity gossip. Hell, the Mavericks are probably the best thing you guys have got going!
    It's not a mislabel, but I will admit the Steelers have been the much better team for the past decade plus. No doubt about it. I still think the Colts were the best looking team for the AFC going into this season. I give Gene a hard time about them all the time, just like i give you hell about the Steelers, but both are damn good teams. I'm really suprised yours guys are having such a hard time this year. I like to bust your chops, but really the only team I take true pleasure in watching them lose is the Patriots. lol Well... Philly too.
    I liked the Colts on offense but thought their defense was a lot more suspect than it's proven. And no one saw the Saints coming either. Steelers are just playing stupid and making stupid mistakes, which makes me think they're not as focused as they should be, which makes me think they're just cocky and resting on their laurels. Tomlin's got to shake things up (also, we have to blow up our special teams and secondary in the off-season) and we should be alright.

I don't take any particular pleasure in rooting against the Big D but Jerry Jones is such a chucklehead, it's kinda funny to watch. He's only a few years away from wearing warm-up suits and sleeping in a coffin like Al Davis, right?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    During the pre-season and first few weeks all I heard was how the only chance the AFC had of beating the Steelers was if Tom Brady and the Patriots get back in sync early and dominate. They got nowhere near the love the Patriots get, but they got their share. And the Cowboys being "America's Team" is still their unofficial title. They are STILL the most valuable team in all the NFL AND still more merchandise than ANY team in the NFL.
    Well, they were returning 20 of 22 starters from a Super Bowl team, I think, so that only makes sense to give them the love. Plus, I remember virtually everyone (ESPN, SI, etc.) picking the Pats or some other team. SI ranked the Steelers as the 8th best team at the beginning of the season. So methinks you were protesting too much about that.

But I digress, who cares about merchandise sales and frachise values (I know you're just explaining why they're mislabeled America's team)? My point is, the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year and in 2005 and they've pretty much been in the hunt every year since the 1990s with the exception of a season here or there. So they're relevant when talking about good teams. The only way the Cowboys have been relevant since the days of Troy, Michael and Emmitt is when it comes to Tony's celebrity gossip. Hell, the Mavericks are probably the best thing you guys have got going!
    It's not a mislabel, but I will admit the Steelers have been the much better team for the past decade plus. No doubt about it. I still think the Colts were the best looking team for the AFC going into this season. I give Gene a hard time about them all the time, just like i give you hell about the Steelers, but both are damn good teams. I'm really suprised yours guys are having such a hard time this year. I like to bust your chops, but really the only team I take true pleasure in watching them lose is the Patriots. lol Well... Philly too.
    I liked the Colts on offense but thought their defense was a lot more suspect than it's proven. And no one saw the Saints coming either. Steelers are just playing stupid and making stupid mistakes, which makes me think they're not as focused as they should be, which makes me think they're just cocky and resting on their laurels. Tomlin's got to shake things up (also, we have to blow up our special teams and secondary in the off-season) and we should be alright.

I don't take any particular pleasure in rooting against the Big D but Jerry Jones is such a chucklehead, it's kinda funny to watch. He's only a few years away from wearing warm-up suits and sleeping in a coffin like Al Davis, right?
    Oh trust me I can't stand Jerry Jones either! lol He is such a douche! But if you actually look back, I said all year the Saints were gonna be the team to beat. I didn't expect them to be 12-0 at this point, but I knew they were gonna be a powerhouse this year back in the pre-season.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Well football was interesting yesterday.  My Saints won a game they should have lost, though I was nervous going in...hard for a team to win as injured as the Saints are.  I just hope our top two cornerbacks come back soon. 

My second favorite team is team Favre, and boy did Arizona look great last night.  That might have been the best I've seen a team play so far this year.

Coop
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Colts defense ...some things most people don't know if your not a die hard Colts fan. Lets talk INJURYS : Starting safty Bob Sanders (our version of Troy P ) def player of the year 2007? Gone for the year. Starting cornerback Marlin Jackson on IR -gone for the year. Starting LB Tyjuan Hagler - IR gone for the year. Starting Tackle Ed Johnson - Gone for the year/Non Injury related. CB Kelvin Hayden Out for 7 games so far this tear injured (back as of last week) MLB Gary Brackett ( team Captain) out 2 weeks injured. Def End Dwight Freeney injured and playing only on passing downs 3 games this year. STARTING 2 rookie CB's ( one an undrafted free agent ) both playing like veterans while they learn on the fly.
    So basically to say the Colts defense is suspect is a falsehood since the Colts starting defense has NEVER seen the field together this year !!!!!! Saying a patched up rag tag battle weary / tested defense that is I believe 3rd in the league in scoring defense allowing what 16.8 points per game with two rookie corners, a backup safty, a backup def tackle, and a backup LB at SAM , and one of the best DE's in the NFL playing only on passing downs , I would ask " what exactly else do you feel like the coaching staff could coax out of this defense?" I actually think this " no name " defense gets absolutely NOOO RESPECT and thats OK if thats the way it has to be. We will just keep riding the hype/misconception that we're really not that good all the way to the Super Bowl and back home with the Lombardi Trophy !!!
    Oh and by the way ... for at least the first 12 games this season they have kept the other team from scoring more points than our offense ...12 and 0 BABY !!!
    One more thing and I'm gonna let it go ! Colts Red-Zone Defense ...allowed 147 points , thats ninth in the NFL ! also they have six Red Zone take-a-ways , thats FIRST in the NFL !!!
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Colts defense ...some things most people don't know if your not a die hard Colts fan. Lets talk INJURYS : Starting safty Bob Sanders (our version of Troy P ) def player of the year 2007? Gone for the year. Starting cornerback Marlin Jackson on IR -gone for the year. Starting LB Tyjuan Hagler - IR gone for the year. Starting Tackle Ed Johnson - Gone for the year/Non Injury related. CB Kelvin Hayden Out for 7 games so far this tear injured (back as of last week) MLB Gary Brackett ( team Captain) out 2 weeks injured. Def End Dwight Freeney injured and playing only on passing downs 3 games this year. STARTING 2 rookie CB's ( one an undrafted free agent ) both playing like veterans while they learn on the fly.
    So basically to say the Colts defense is suspect is a falsehood since the Colts starting defense has NEVER seen the field together this year !!!!!! Saying a patched up rag tag battle weary / tested defense that is I believe 3rd in the league in scoring defense allowing what 16.8 points per game with two rookie corners, a backup safty, a backup def tackle, and a backup LB at SAM , and one of the best DE's in the NFL playing only on passing downs , I would ask " what exactly else do you feel like the coaching staff could coax out of this defense?" I actually think this " no name " defense gets absolutely NOOO RESPECT and thats OK if thats the way it has to be. We will just keep riding the hype/misconception that we're really not that good all the way to the Super Bowl and back home with the Lombardi Trophy !!!
    Oh and by the way ... for at least the first 12 games this season they have kept the other team from scoring more points than our offense ...12 and 0 BABY !!!
    Geez, Geno's a little defensive about the D! What I was saying is that I thought (to start the year) that their defense would be suspect and end up being the weak link for them. But what I've seen this year is that hasn't proven to be the case. I wasn't aware of all those injuries, so even more props to them for stepping up to challenge. Of course, the wheels could fall off here. Just ask the Patriots what undefeated means come playoff time...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Are we ready for a week of upsets? I have a strange feeling that there will be a lot fo them this week. The games are set perfectly so that just about all of them can be upsets. This week might be pretty crazy. Hopefully I win the office poll, and make it two weeks in a row!
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Geez, Geno's a little defensive about the D! What I was saying is that I thought (to start the year) that their defense would be suspect and end up being the weak link for them. But what I've seen this year is that hasn't proven to be the case. I wasn't aware of all those injuries, so even more props to them for stepping up to challenge. Of course, the wheels could fall off here. Just ask the Patriots what undefeated means come playoff time...

Hahaha Luko my old buddy, I wrote that when I was damn tired last night and now when I re-read it I DO sound defensive. I understand what your saying and took no offense and hope I didn't mule-lip you my friend. If we beat the Bronco's Sunday I think a lot of the defensive players will get to rest/heal up the last three weeks of the season as that will clinch home field throughout the playoffs.. I don't think anyone who does not follow the Colts personally realized how bad the Colts have been beat up ...and thats on both sides of the ball ! Peytons back-up Jim Sorgi went on IR ending his season today and that leaves the rookie Curtis Painter from Purdue as the back-up !!!
    No mule-lippin from me...I was just messin with ya. I respect your football opinion...it's Puro who doesn't know football from futbol. I'll wish the Colts good luck, but the Steelers are going to run the table and sneak in as a wild card, just like they did in 05 when they won the Super Bowl.
    Luko:
    I'll wish the Colts good luck, but the Steelers are going to run the table and sneak in as a wild card, just like they did in 05 when they won the Super Bowl.

RUTT ROWW !!!
    Oh ooooo!!! Luko, not lookin good on that runnin the table deal ...13-3 at half-time trailing the brownies !!!
    What the hell are you talking bout, the Pens just closed out the Canadiens 3-2???

Ok, I have to face facts. These guys are playing with absolutely no heart. I can't remember the last time I saw a Steelers team play with no heart. I'm so disgusted.
    Luko:
    What the hell are you talking bout, the Pens just closed out the Canadiens 3-2???

Ok, I have to face facts. These guys are playing with absolutely no heart. I can't remember the last time I saw a Steelers team play with no heart. I'm so disgusted.

Maybe Tomlin can fire them up at half-time ...
    Well it has been a pretty good day of football other than the Cowboys continuing their December streak of sucking it up like the Lions. The New Orleans game was close, but their Defense was there to save the game. I liked the fake field goal attempt even though it didn't work because it showed some guts. Hell of a day for Reggie Bush too who hasn't had many amazing games since he came to the NFL. Of course the Colts picked apart the Broncos and that really didn't suprise me much. They are the real deal and I don't think there is an AFC team out there that beat them consistantly. Someone might get lucky, but it will be just that, 100% luck! Now I can just hope that NY beats Philly and that will make me feel a little better! haha I love to watch Philly lose, just makes my whole day brighter!
    My Colts just set a new NFL record 22 straight regular season wins going back to last year !!! Thats pretty impressive whether your a Colts fan or not ...and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs ...me likey !!! ( And yes they are MY COLTS , I own the team , Irsays just my puppet boy because I don't like the spot light hehehehe )
    gmill880:
    My Colts just set a new NFL record 22 straight regular season wins going back to last year !!! Thats pretty impressive whether your a Colts fan or not ...and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs ...me likey !!! ( And yes they are MY COLTS , I own the team , Irsays just my puppet boy because I don't like the spot light hehehehe )
    Haha Well if you got that kinda money, then I'll be expecting a REALLY nice package of smokes when the Saints beat "your" Colts in the Super Bowl buddy! lol But seriously that is a damn good record. The Colts are a badass team and I hope they do play the Saints in the end. Would be one of the best Super Bowl matchups in YEARS.
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Haha Well if you got that kinda money, then I'll be expecting a REALLY nice package of smokes when the Saints beat "your" Colts in the Super Bowl buddy! lol But seriously that is a damn good record. The Colts are a badass team and I hope they do play the Saints in the end. Would be one of the best Super Bowl matchups in YEARS.

The hype alone would be un-real !!!
    Well the Colts and Jags had a hell of a shoot out last night and the Colts Defese proved that Peyton isn't the only one who can step up under pressure!
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Colts and Jags had a hell of a shoot out last night and the Colts Defese proved that Peyton isn't the only one who can step up under pressure!

A slug -fest for sure. But in the 4th qtr the Colts forced 3 punts and a interception when it was on the line. A testament to the fact they never give up. Peytons 4 TD passes second game in a row and the pick was Dallas Clarks fault not Peytons. But he made up for it with the catch and bouncing off tacklers for a TD later in the game. GOOOOOO COLTS !!!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Whoot! Dallas smacked down New Orleans undefeated season!!!!!
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Smokeee:
    I hope they meet again in the playoffs. REVENGE!!!
    I'm pulling for the Saints this year, but if someone had to beat them, I'M GLAD IT WAS DALLAS!!!!!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    plaidbanana1:
    Smokeee:
    Sure! That would be super sweet to smack them down again!!!! hehe
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Smokeee:
    plaidbanana1:
    Smokeee:
    Sure! That would be super sweet to smack them down again!!!! hehe
    If some of their defense (especialy the secondary) is back by that time, I think we might have a different outcome.
    PuroFreak:
    I'm pulling for the Saints this year, but if someone had to beat them, I'M GLAD IT WAS DALLAS!!!!!

And Then There Was One ... :)
  • rmccloudrmccloud Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 160
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Just hope that we have a better playoff run then we have had in the past when we were in this situation. The only way that I don't want the starters to play the last two games in full, is if the weather is $hitty in Buffalo for the final game of the year.
    rmccloud:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Just hope that we have a better playoff run then we have had in the past when we were in this situation. The only way that I don't want the starters to play the last two games in full, is if the weather is $hitty in Buffalo for the final game of the year.

I'm with ya on that . I still think the starters being rested for 2 to 3 weeks carries over into the playoffs. I would play everyone healthy against the Jets and at least the first half of the Buffalo game .
    Steelers may be having a shitty year, but the game with Green Bay was exciting and the catch that decided it was unbefreakinlievable.
    Panthers over Vikings ...Favre looks old ...but I suppose most QB's would with Peppers draped around their necks all night long !!!
    Well I didn't get to see a lot of the football today because I'm working, but sounds like there was some big excitement out there. Congrats to the Chargers for clinching their division, also congrats to Carolina in a big win over a tough team. Carolina has pretty much looked like crap all year so it was good to see some life out of em. I'm sure Duty is proud where ever he is out there!
    not to de-rail but I wish Duty and Urbi would come back to the forum ...