Home General Discussion

Pssst... Fuente Anejos are here

13»

Comments

• Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Hayblet:
    I don't see the #60's on there.. least I think that was the number... either way I'll phone in Monday lol
    They will be in stock this weekend. I will get them on the site tomorrow for backorders. Only getting a few of that size.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Alex Svenson:
    Hayblet:
    I don't see the #60's on there.. least I think that was the number... either way I'll phone in Monday lol
    They will be in stock this weekend. I will get them on the site tomorrow for backorders. Only getting a few of that size.
    Alex are you getting more boxes of Sharks? Can singles be bought in box quantity for box pricing?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I just bought 1. I wasn't impressed with a $30 Opus X so we will see. The Opus X had great flavor but was one of the most poorly constructed cigars I have ever had. Not to mention I have had plenty of $5 sticks that were just as good if not better than the Opus X. I haven't really seen the big deal about these expensive cigars other then the prestige of buying a box to brag to your friends. I am expecting a lot from this Anejo. The prices here do beat everywhere else by far. Kuddos to Ccom for that.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Diamondog:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hayblet:
    Alex are you getting more boxes of Sharks? Can singles be bought in box quantity for box pricing?
    Yes, I have more that will be in stock next week. I just updated the site to allow for backorders. On teh #60 we were unable to get them online as hoped due to being short staffed with the holidays. I have afew boxes landing next week but backorders for those must be made though our call center if that is a size you are interested. I think it is a 6.25 x 48
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    jsnake:
    I just bought 1. I wasn't impressed with a $30 Opus X so we will see. The Opus X had great flavor but was one of the most poorly constructed cigars I have ever had. Not to mention I have had plenty of $5 sticks that were just as good if not better than the Opus X. I haven't really seen the big deal about these expensive cigars other then the prestige of buying a box to brag to your friends. I am expecting a lot from this Anejo. The prices here do beat everywhere else by far. Kuddos to Ccom for that.
    every opus x and anejo I have had has been perfect in both construction and experience. the anejo is my number one
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    jsnake:
    Paying 30$ for any cigar is just asking to be disappointed. Any B&M selling Opus firsthand should be selling them at MRSP, which is half, or less of what they go for online.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Alex Svenson:
    Diamondog:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hayblet:
    Yes, I have more that will be in stock next week. I just updated the site to allow for backorders. On teh #60 we were unable to get them online as hoped due to being short staffed with the holidays. I have afew boxes landing next week but backorders for those must be made though our call center if that is a size you are interested. I think it is a 6.25 x 48
    I totally plan on calling Monday now lol
    Could I trouble a BOTL to post a link to our aneno page on puff.com if one of you fellows has an account? I saw there was a post over there about anejos and I tried to post but I can't seem to retrieve my account info.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Its weird that these are so rare because my B&M has them often? Or is all the rare talk in the description just hype?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Alex Svenson:
    Could I trouble a BOTL to post a link to our aneno page on puff.com if one of you fellows has an account? I saw there was a post over there about anejos and I tried to post but I can't seem to retrieve my account info.
    Sure, but I charge for the trouble *cough*Sharks*cough* ;)
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    jship079:
    Its weird that these are so rare because my B&M has them often? Or is all the rare talk in the description just hype?
    Alex has said that AF doesn't favor or disfavor vendors, so big places like Ccom and it's competitors get the same allotment of cigars that small B&M's get, so whether they're rare in your town just depends on whether your local BOTL's are buying them or not
    xmacro:
    Alex Svenson:
    Sure, but I charge for the trouble *cough*Sharks*cough* ;)
    Thanks. Shoot me an email ASVENSON AT CIGAR.COM before you place your next order. I will add something on there for you.
    jship079:
    I figure there are about 2000 good retailers in the US. If you consider most are in major markets, there are some stores out there that tend to get this stuff during the holidays and it lasts all year long. That is why they are hard to find online, I think there are a fair amount of people out there that simply dont have a good shop within a close distance to where they live. That is what I always find something amusing about a lot of the brands that come out that are B and M only. There are a fair amount of BOTL that never get to try something because they really can only get cigars via the mail. I think that is what is sometimes so scary about the legislation that rears its ugly head a few years that attempts to ban all mail order tobacco products. If it included cigars, a lot of guys would not be able to enjoy a fine premium. We have worked hard lobbying to protect the mail order business. Believe it or not, it is your local B and M's that are the ones that are continuously trying to push that legislation through. Not trying to push them under the bus but it happens to be the truth.

The whole idea about small stores with hidden treasures reminds me of a time I was in a small store in the midwest 2 years ago. I walked into their humidor and found box of Oliva MBI below retail and THIS ONE WILL REALLY BLOW YOU AWAY, 12 of the original Partagas 150's from the 1995 release which I scooped up for $10 a pop!! The kid that was working the counter clearly had no clue of the little gold mine they had.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Alex Svenson:
    12 of the original Partagas 150's from the 1995 release which I scooped up for $10 a pop!! The kid that was working the counter clearly had no clue of the little gold mine they had.

Win!
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Alex Svenson:
    ////It is up already, I added my support, but a kind reminder that it is christmas eve Alex! Yet another example of the amazing customer support and dedication to service around here....now finish wrapping your gifts and get to bed, Santa is on his way! :)
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    jship079:
    I figure there are about 2000 good retailers in the US. If you consider most are in major markets, there are some stores out there that tend to get this stuff during the holidays and it lasts all year long. That is why they are hard to find online, I think there are a fair amount of people out there that simply dont have a good shop within a close distance to where they live. That is what I always find something amusing about a lot of the brands that come out that are B and M only. There are a fair amount of BOTL that never get to try something because they really can only get cigars via the mail. I think that is what is sometimes so scary about the legislation that rears its ugly head a few years that attempts to ban all mail order tobacco products. If it included cigars, a lot of guys would not be able to enjoy a fine premium. We have worked hard lobbying to protect the mail order business. Believe it or not, it is your local B and M's that are the ones that are continuously trying to push that legislation through. Not trying to push them under the bus but it happens to be the truth.

The whole idea about small stores with hidden treasures reminds me of a time I was in a small store in the midwest 2 years ago. I walked into their humidor and found box of Oliva MBI below retail and THIS ONE WILL REALLY BLOW YOU AWAY, 12 of the original Partagas 150's from the 1995 release which I scooped up for $10 a pop!! The kid that was working the counter clearly had no clue of the little gold mine they had.
    Damn thats crazy! But I bet that is exactly what it is because my shop is a small shop in a small town and although the town is mostly money all around it is blue collar so he can buy his allotment of AF products and they move slower than the bigger areas thanks alex
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Goldy:
    Put an email into my ccom rep for an order. Hopefully he gets the email before these are sold out, maybe I should have called it in.

I'm still down for a box split if we can get a couple more guys in on it
    Hey Goldy did you get a box of the Sharks? If so I would be willing to split the cost with you. Anyone out there get a box that they would care to share???