Home General Discussion

No-name cigars- undiscovered gems

2»

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    docedwards:
    What are some of your favs that get little hype or you seldom see discussed on the forums? Mine is the mild Indian Tabac Limited Reserve.
    LGC Reserva Maddie
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Heavy:
    Montesino maduro (made by Fuente). Ccom carries them, but you don't hear much about them. I know another BOTL or two on here dig them too. Pretty mild but nice balanced cigar IMO.

I've also had a couple of fake ISOM Cohibas that actually weren't too bad, decent cameroons relatively speaking lol
    The Montesino is the first cigar I ever smoked. I love 'em. If I ever want to get someone interested in Cigars I offer them this, a Bauza, or a Nording. All under the radar, great smokes.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    Glad to see this thread is taking off. I've got a new shopping list now. It's easy for me to get in a rut and stick to my favs and go-tos. Let's keep it going.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    Diamondog:
    Arganese...
    which one in particular for you? maduro, connie, or the nic
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Diamondog:
    Arganese...
    +1 every one of them that I've had so far have been good. Not life changing but solid acts as it should cigars...

• Ironworker63Ironworker63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 185
    PuroFreak:
    docedwards:
    PuroFreak:
    The Connie to me has much more flavor than the maduro. I usually like maduro cigars much more, but this one went the other way for me. Fantastic cigar! I actually wish I could find some more of these!
    Just did a search and found them.
    If you can shoot me a pm with the link I'd much appreciate it! I had a chance to snag 20 of them for $40 a while back and missed it because I was broke.
    I never tried the connie but smoked a bunch of the maduros and never had any issues with them. I will agree the Cugine is definitely a decent cigar, although they are becoming harder to find. Over the summer I was able to pick up a few of the Cugine Torpedo Maduro on auction for about $1.65 a stick...that was a steal. There is a B&M in Naperville, IL. that I just called and they have them in stock. I'm not sure if they had both the connie and maduro available but they do stock Cugine.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    +1 on the nording, kinda under the radar. Torano doesnt get as many props as i think it should either. Flor de Oliva is a good standby too...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    docedwards:
    Diamondog:
    Arganese...
    which one in particular for you? maduro, connie, or the nic
    The only one I've had was the Nicaraguan and I enjoyed it very much...
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    rossdavey2:
    Viaja. OR something like that. I got one after getting the good news about my wife being pregers. Great smoke.
    Viaje is actually becoming a super popular brand these days. Their limited releases get really high scores, and sell out ridiculously fast (Skull and Bones, Satori, Holiday and Summerfest blends, etc.) Their regular lines are good smokes, but not nearly on the same level as their limited editions.

J. Fuego definitely has some awesome stuff. The Origen Originals, that come in the paper packs of 5 are possibly the best value cigars out there right now, IMO. Cuchillos Cubanos (from Dion/Illusione) are also amazing. Around 20$ for a paper 5 pack of those. Mixed filler. Awesome blends though.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 100
    PuroFreak:
    Cugine, which has become pretty much impossible to find, is one of my favorite cigars honestly.
    They are very good cigars I bought a bundle of them about two months ago. I heard that they don't make them anymore.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    They are still available, however they are produced by AB now and not Arganese.
    OMG how have I not mentioned the Puros Indios!!!!
    The Viejo And the Cuba Aliados Miami are pretty good smokes.

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    YankeeMan:
    Vulchor:
    First, let me say I barfed when a Sherpa was mentioned, and almost had a second bout with REO brought up ....Had Victor Sinclair Bamboo been reference, a hospital visit would have been in order, lollllll

Bahia Trinidad (orange band)....bought a box of those bad boys about 5-6 years ago when these were still about 6 bucks a stick. Really different, may need to find some again actually.........................Also, Cielo, a house type brand from a rather large B&M in Orlando
    I like the Bahia Blu, good smoke at a good price now. I'd like to try the Trinidad too.
    You wanna do a box split or something on a Bahia Trinidad YankMan....shoot me a PM, Im interested.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I saw the Bahia Trinidad offered very cheaply somewhere and wanted to try it but chickened out. I will keep an eye out for it and try some. Hey Vulchor, get a bag handy, the Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo is a very underated stick that at one time I smoked a lot of. Stay away from the Bohemian versions and the 55 series. The regular version is quite tasty.
    The Primeros Regionals Cuban blend is actually something I'm going to be getting more of.

• brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    stephen_hannibal:

You got me hooked on the Viejo now Stephen, totally agree with Vinny on the Flor De Oliva's and I'd like to add another one of my favorites Flor Del Todo
    brotheradam:
    stephen_hannibal:

You got me hooked on the Viejo now Stephen, totally agree with Vinny on the Flor De Oliva's and I'd like to add another one of my favorites Flor Del Todo
    Oh heck yes... that is like smoking a cinnamon stick.

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Brothers... let us not forget Gurkha's Park Avenue & Cuban Heritage either! The Heritage has become my favorite everyday smoke, and both are excellent AND easy on the wallet.

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    The Sniper:
    Brothers... let us not forget Gurkha's Park Avenue & Cuban Heritage either! The Heritage has become my favorite everyday smoke, and both are excellent AND easy on the wallet.

Cuban LEGACY - dont know where I got Heritage from! LOL I is not so bright sometimes... :-D

• Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:

Cuban LEGACY - dont know where I got Heritage from! LOL I is not so bright sometimes... :-D

The Cuban Legacy has become one of my fav bang for the buck sticks lately too.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Duder2:
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:

The Cuban Legacy has become one of my fav bang for the buck sticks lately too.
    ... not really sure gurkhas are "no name cigars"
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    ....not sure if you guys have had the Perdomo Fresh Cuban Wheel....i love this budget stick, i let them rest for a few months or more if you want them to mellow out.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is a cheap stick that to me is worth much more than the price. I have never been dissapointed by one.
    ug dan:
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte is a cheap stick that to me is worth much more than the price. I have never been dissapointed by one.
    that IS a good cigar.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    kuzi16:
    ug dan:
    that IS a good cigar.
    Yeah it is. The double maduros are tasty too.
    Russ55:
    kuzi16:
    ug dan:
    that IS a good cigar.
    Yeah it is. The double maduros are tasty too.
    ive been having construction issues with those lately. the cap falls off no matter how i cut them.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Velvet The Bowery from Velvet Cigars is amazing. +1 on Flor de Todo those things are fantastic.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    A couple people have mentioned Victor Sinclair and Oliveros sticks, and I have to put my $.02 in as well for these, in particular the VS Connecticut Yankee and the Oliveros XL Double Maduro. That Oliveros is possibly the most consistently burning stick I've ever smoked, and it tastes fantastic. The Conn. Yankee is just damn tasty as well and I can't recall ever seeing anyone mentioning smoking either one.

I also have to give a shout out to the Cu-Avana Intenso (AWESOME w/coffee), Camacho Coyolar Puro, El Mejor Espresso, and Onyx Reserve. They're all great values, all very tasty, and they're all cigars you don't hear about too often.