Home General Discussion

No-name cigars- undiscovered gems

docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
What are some of your favs that get little hype or you seldom see discussed on the forums? Mine is the mild Indian Tabac Limited Reserve.

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Cugine, which has become pretty much impossible to find, is one of my favorite cigars honestly.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Garo Unum
    Estaban Carreras Habano
    el Titan de Bronze
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Sherpa CAFE.

Before a bunch of BOTL start slagging me, I am well aware that the SHERPA has a well-deserved place on the "Sticks That Taste Like Goat Azz" thread.

The Sherpa CAFE on the other hand, is a nice, mild, smooth cameroon which puts out a bunch of creamy smoke. Excellent breakfast stick, and if you havent tried one you are missing out.

Now then, let the slagging begin... :-D
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    PuroFreak:
    Cugine, which has become pretty much impossible to find, is one of my favorite cigars honestly.
    The maduro, ct or both?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    PuroFreak:
    Dude I had a buch of the connies and they are pretty dang good. I run across them again I'll let you know.

The Connie to me has much more flavor than the maduro. I usually like maduro cigars much more, but this one went the other way for me. Fantastic cigar! I actually wish I could find some more of these!
    Also, now that I think about it a little - Oliva. Anything Oliva - Ive NEVER had a bad experience with one, and thats something I cant say for a whole lot of lines, especially at this price point. Seems like the only one that gets much love on the forums is the Serie V (well deserved BTW), but the O, G, NUB (for all the crap they get now for some reason), Cain... really cant go wrong with any of em.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    The Sniper:
    Sherpa CAFE.

Before a bunch of BOTL start slagging me, I am well aware that the SHERPA has a well-deserved place on the "Sticks That Taste Like Goat Azz" thread.

The Sherpa CAFE on the other hand, is a nice, mild, smooth cameroon which puts out a bunch of creamy smoke. Excellent breakfast stick, and if you havent tried one you are missing out.

Dude I agree I wasn't down with the Sherpa but the Café was great. I really like it.

No one on here seems to like the Gran Habano #1 Ct. I love that stick! Also the Perdomo Fresco don't know anything about the blend but it's sweet and spicy.
    Oh and the Arganese Maduro super cheap but has a distinct flavor.

• docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    PuroFreak:
    The Connie to me has much more flavor than the maduro. I usually like maduro cigars much more, but this one went the other way for me. Fantastic cigar! I actually wish I could find some more of these!
    Just did a search and found them.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    REO, sucks these arent made anymore.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    First, let me say I barfed when a Sherpa was mentioned, and almost had a second bout with REO brought up ....Had Victor Sinclair Bamboo been reference, a hospital visit would have been in order, lollllll

Bahia Trinidad (orange band)....bought a box of those bad boys about 5-6 years ago when these were still about 6 bucks a stick. Really different, may need to find some again actually.........................Also, Cielo, a house type brand from a rather large B&M in Orlando
    docedwards:
    PuroFreak:
    Just did a search and found them.
    If you can shoot me a pm with the link I'd much appreciate it! I had a chance to snag 20 of them for $40 a while back and missed it because I was broke.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    I like Don Collins from Puerto Rico. A friend of mine got a box when he was on vacation and he orders them online.
    Vulchor:
    First, let me say I barfed when a Sherpa was mentioned
    See there Hannibal? Another one who didnt read far enough... LOL

• brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    brotheradam:
    I like Don Collins from Puerto Rico. A friend of mine got a box when he was on vacation and he orders them online.
    I forgot Verdadero Organic, good with coffee.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Felipe Gregorio Icon is a pretty solid stick for sure.
    Perdomo Habano in the Maduro or Habano wrapper is a really great stick.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Jetmech_63:
    REO, sucks these arent made anymore.
    i agree here. one of the best things Rocky Patel ever had his hand in.
    dennisking:
    i agree on this one as well. the Power is a great cigar and almost nobody talks about it.

my recent discovery is Jesus Fuego.
    the 777 line is a solid smoke. the Origen line is a bit more pricey but i feel that it shows a bit more of what he is all about.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I like the flavor of the Sherpa Cafe, but they seem to not ever want to burn for me. If I'm not constantly pulling on it, they go out.

Now, you might wonder why self-flagellation has anything to do with keeping a cigar lit, and you'd be right. I still have a few somewhere, maybe some time-out in the humidor has taught them a lesson.
    Sounds like tomorrow's breakfast is planned!
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    The Sniper:
    Sherpa CAFE.

Hey Glen, the Sherpa Cafe is a Conny, and I agree it is way better than the Sherpa!

One that really took me by surprise is Devils Weed. I found it to be a very enjoyable mild stick.

Oliveros tends to go under the radar as well and I love most stuff they make, especially the LTD!

Another that seems to be off the map that I thought was good is La Flor de Cano. Only have 2 of those left...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Vulchor:
    First, let me say I barfed when a Sherpa was mentioned, and almost had a second bout with REO brought up ....Had Victor Sinclair Bamboo been reference, a hospital visit would have been in order, lollllll

Bahia Trinidad (orange band)....bought a box of those bad boys about 5-6 years ago when these were still about 6 bucks a stick. Really different, may need to find some again actually.........................Also, Cielo, a house type brand from a rather large B&M in Orlando
    I like the Bahia Blu, good smoke at a good price now. I'd like to try the Trinidad too.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Don Lucas from DR got two boxes on vacation very smooth not complex but enjoyable and a clean finish.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Montesino maduro (made by Fuente). Ccom carries them, but you don't hear much about them. I know another BOTL or two on here dig them too. Pretty mild but nice balanced cigar IMO.

I've also had a couple of fake ISOM Cohibas that actually weren't too bad, decent cameroons relatively speaking lol
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Good call on the Filipe Icon. Good smoke. Also, I liked the Victor Sinclair 10th Anni but it has been a while since I smoked one. If they smoke like they used to, that is on my list for sure.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Alex Svenson:
    Good call on the Filipe Icon. Good smoke. Also, I liked the Victor Sinclair 10th Anni but it has been a while since I smoked one. If they smoke like they used to, that is on my list for sure.
    Hey Alex, is Felipe Gregorio a pretty popular brand in other countries? All the sticks seem well made and taste good, just wondering why we don't see much talk about them or see them very much in B&M's?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I hated my first Sherpa. Then I tried one again after letting it rest for a year and it turned out pretty good. Another stick that doesn't seem to get mentioned is the Tabaco Baez Series SF. I actually prefer the SF to the other series.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Viaja. OR something like that. I got one after getting the good news about my wife being pregers. Great smoke.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    My B&M carries this newer brand Berger&Argenti and I have been digging their stuff. Spicifically the Entubar Maduro. It looks gimmicky due to a protruding tube poking out if the foot of the cigar, but it's a really nice stick.
    dennisking:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey Alex, is Felipe Gregorio a pretty popular brand in other countries? All the sticks seem well made and taste good, just wondering why we don't see much talk about them or see them very much in B&M's?
    Great question. I think the only answer is that the market is pretty crowded and retailers have the luxury of picking and choosing who they want to carry. I think you also see, especially in the online community, a lot of support built around specific brands, especially in certain circles. For example, if you venture over to the "cigar family" forum you will hear a lot about fuente and padron but will hear hardly anything about someone like perdomo. Honestly, I think there are a lot of brands out there that dont get their due credit. Perdomo is a great example. I dont know if you guys have smoked his stuff recently but it is top notch, especially the Habano line IMHO but you dont see Cigar Aficionado piling on the ratings. I think Filipe falls in this category also. George Rico from Gran Habano is one of the best blenders I have worked with (and a young guy too) but you dont see his name out there a whole ton. I think the cigar media out there really draws attention to only those folks that they rally around.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    dennisking:
    a huge +1 I had all the Perdomo Habano etc lines except the connie (if he makes one) REALLY enjoyed the Maduro and the Corojo
    Hayblet:
    dennisking:
    a huge +1 I had all the Perdomo Habano etc lines except the connie (if he makes one) REALLY enjoyed the Maduro and the Corojo
    that maduro is one of the only cigars I smoke where I really get that dark chocolate flavor.