Home General Discussion

Graycliff...overrated?

2»

Comments

• NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    I enjoy most of the stuff made in Bahamas. I think they have a unique aroma to their smokes on the island, maybe it I the exotic tobacco. I wet to their factory and actually had an opportunity to see first hand how the cigars were made, the ppl who rolled them, their aging rooms, and their storefront and hotel. I didn't stay there, so I can't speak for that. It may have given me a greater sense of appreciation for cigars in general, and maybe particularly Bahamian rolled graycliffs. Any cigar smokers in the Bahamas really should take the tour, it is worth their while. That's my 2c
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    I had a graycliff espresso today. Meh.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    asianbiker8:
    Meh.
    that about sums it up for me for most of the line. again, the Bahama made stuff is good but still a bit over priced.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    asianbiker8:
    I had a graycliff espresso today. Meh.
    I had one the other night with my wife. We both agreed we liked it. We both agreed there are cigars we would much rather have at that price.

I have to go with the concensus on this, not a bad cigar. But I can get better cigars for less.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jthanatos:
    there are cigars we would much rather have at that price.
    exactly.

i will never be mad if someone gives me one. but buying them myself... thats a different ball game.
  • JLonsinger2011JLonsinger2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 258
    I have a graycliff platinum in my humi I want to try, never had a graycliff so we'll see. Apparently its a $22 cigar so we'll see
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    May be not overrated, but over priced. Good cigars, love the Double Expresso Black, but bad at pricing, not too bad if you can find deals, but for reg price there are other sticks I would choose. IMO
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Well with all the chatter, I had to give the one I had in my humi a try. First off, to get any draw at all, I had to cut the cap completely off. The flavor was good, lots of cedar and musk. Couldnt take the draw issue after about half way through so I squeezed and squeezed. The wrapper cracked all to hell but I could actually pull through it then. Overall, it was ok, but like the rest of you, not gonna be in any orders anytime soon.
    imageimage