Home General Discussion

New Member in Pittsburgh Area

2»

Comments

• Vince OVince O Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 279
    newbiesmoker24:
    Luko:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Ha ha... actually it is tough living in PBRGH when you are actually an Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies fan!! I grew up near the ccom headquarters which is only about 45 minutes north of Philly!
    What, a flyers fan in the burgh? I thought we got rid of the last one of those a couple of years ago. Yeah, so, we're gonna need you to leave Pittsburgh as soon as possible.

Good to see another botl from the area on here. I've never taken Vince up on his multiple generous offers to go check out his place in Beaver. It's just so hard to get away when you have two kids including a 1-year-old. If you get out there, let me know how awesome it is so it entices me to go out. He mentioned all the good shops I would know of. There are also some Smoker Friendly's around the region (including one in murrysville I go to cause it's convenient) that aren't too bad. One on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill too that I'm drawing a blank on.

Anyway, welcome and go Pens.
    Us Flyer fans in Pittsburgh usually only come out of the wood-work during the playoffs. Or when we beat the Pens 3-2 at their new stadium! ;-) I am busy this week and next, but after that I will probably stop by Vince's place. It is really not that far from me. I will let you know how it goes. I will check out that place on Murray Ave. as well. Thanks!
    I am in MONACA, not Beaver , just across the river but a way differnt zip code !
    we are having a cigar tasting event this friday evening Oct29, looks like it will be the new Warlock from Altidis, the makers of monte & R&J, as well as a ton of other stuff, stop in this week & meet the gang, dont forget to have your hip waders as the $h!t will get deep !!! Enjoy, Vince
  • cacmancacman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    There are a couple of choices in the Pittsburgh Area:
    • Poor Richards in Station Square
    • Blooms on 12th Street in South Side (they have a great cigar camp on Saturdays)
    • Old Allegheny Shoppe on Route 51 South
    • Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox
    • Jernigan's Tobacco Village Scotch and Cigar Bar in The Galleria of Mount Lebanon

There are also a few Cigar Bars:
    • Cioppino in The Armstrong Cork Factory in the Strip District
    • The Long Ash Club on Penn Avenue, Downtown
    • Blue Lou's in South Side
    • Leaf & Bean Company in the Strip District and McMurray
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Vince O:
    we are having a cigar tasting event this friday evening Oct29, looks like it will be the new Warlock from Altidis, the makers of monte & R&J, as well as a ton of other stuff, stop in this week & meet the gang, dont forget to have your hip waders as the $h!t will get deep !!! Enjoy, Vince
    nice event....

i wont be able to make it due to plans that i already have for this weekend but a few of the guys were talking of a VinceO herf. we all meet in your shop one day.

the idea has been out there for a while.. we just never seem to be able to get plans together.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    Vince O:
    nice event....

i wont be able to make it due to plans that i already have for this weekend but a few of the guys were talking of a VinceO herf. we all meet in your shop one day.

the idea has been out there for a while.. we just never seem to be able to get plans together.
    I'm still in for this Kuzi and Vince. Right now I have a bunch of time off from work so I'm free to go whenever. If we are planning on going later down the road I would need about a month notice. Seems like weekends might be best time to go. I think we just need to pick a day and stick with it.
  • newbiesmoker24newbiesmoker24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 94
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes and suggestions. I am busy this Friday with family stuff. Next week though I think I am going to try to get up to Vince's for the Bible study on Tuesday. This week I am on a business trip so I couldn't make it. Thanks!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Sandman1am:
    I think we just need to pick a day and stick with it.
    agreed. ill look at my calender and see what i can do then ill post a new thread about it.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    kuzi16:
    Sandman1am:
    I think we just need to pick a day and stick with it.
    agreed. ill look at my calender and see what i can do then ill post a new thread about it.
    IM in
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Vince O:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Luko:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Ha ha... actually it is tough living in PBRGH when you are actually an Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies fan!! I grew up near the ccom headquarters which is only about 45 minutes north of Philly!
    What, a flyers fan in the burgh? I thought we got rid of the last one of those a couple of years ago. Yeah, so, we're gonna need you to leave Pittsburgh as soon as possible.

Good to see another botl from the area on here. I've never taken Vince up on his multiple generous offers to go check out his place in Beaver. It's just so hard to get away when you have two kids including a 1-year-old. If you get out there, let me know how awesome it is so it entices me to go out. He mentioned all the good shops I would know of. There are also some Smoker Friendly's around the region (including one in murrysville I go to cause it's convenient) that aren't too bad. One on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill too that I'm drawing a blank on.

Us Flyer fans in Pittsburgh usually only come out of the wood-work during the playoffs. Or when we beat the Pens 3-2 at their new stadium! ;-) I am busy this week and next, but after that I will probably stop by Vince's place. It is really not that far from me. I will let you know how it goes. I will check out that place on Murray Ave. as well. Thanks!
    I am in MONACA, not Beaver , just across the river but a way differnt zip code !
    I stand corrected. I guess men from Monaca don't like Beaver! Who knew?
    Luko:
    Vince O:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Luko:
    newbiesmoker24:

I stand corrected. I guess men from Monaca don't like Beaver! Who knew?
    Oh I LOVE beaver the shops name is KING BEAVER, you know the old saying you are what you eat .........