Home General Discussion

New Member in Pittsburgh Area

newbiesmoker24newbiesmoker24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 94
Hey Everyone,

I live in the PBGH area looking for a great B&M and a few new BOTL's in the area (I am also trying to use the cigar lingo!). I don't smoke daily, but I DO have a brand new appreciation for a fine cigar.

Contacting me or posting some local B&M suggestions would be great!

Also, a shout-out to cigar.com because I am originally from Emmaus, PA - closest neighbor to Bethlehem! Next time I am home visiting the family I will have to stop by!

Comments

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    Welcome. I think one of the members here has B+M in the burgh. look up "sunday morning" tread in the general discussion tab.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    As the poster above let you know, Vince O has a B&M shop. Not sure which township though. I'm sure he'll see this on Sunday when he posts and will give you the details.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Welcome..... try cigarfriendly.us...... its a cool site to find B&Ms in your area.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Welcome to the forums. Please make a pilgrimage to Ccom's headquarters for the rest of us.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    sightunseen:
    Welcome to the forums. Please make a pilgrimage to Ccom's headquarters for the rest of us.
    Welcome and what Tony said. Oh and by the way when you go on your pilgrimage to Ccom make sure that you pray to The Beard and thank him for the many gifts he has bestowed upon us. & don't look directly into the beard or you will explode because of its sheer awesomeness!!!!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Welcome! You will find this to be a great group and very informative.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:
    Welcome and what Tony said. Oh and by the way when you go on your pilgrimage to Ccom make sure that you pray to The Beard and thank him for the many gifts he has bestowed upon us. & don't look directly into the beard or you will explode because of its sheer awesomeness!!!!

Along with praying to the Beard, pay hommage to the Goddess Kim, Disciple of the Leaf Andy and you may even see the God of Fire himself Alex. Welcome to the board, hang around and youll find out what all of those things mean :).....and if you plan on sticking around, buy a bigger humidor, youre gonna need it :)
    Jetmech_63:
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:

Along with praying to the Beard, pay hommage to the Goddess Kim, Disciple of the Leaf Andy and you may even see the God of Fire himself Alex. Welcome to the board, hang around and youll find out what all of those things mean :).....and if you plan on sticking around, buy a bigger humidor, youre gonna need it :)
    Jet who's Kim?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Sandman1am:
    Jetmech_63:
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:

Jet who's Kim?
    I think he means Kelly....... and Goddess is an understatement.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    Jetmech_63:
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:

Jet who's Kim?
    2011 Ccom Kelly calendar.
    lilwing88:
    Sandman1am:
    Jetmech_63:
    Sandman1am:
    sightunseen:

Jet who's Kim?
    Oh that makes sense.....um wait is she a Goddess cause of her killer deals or is she a looker? Sorry never seen her.
  • newbiesmoker24newbiesmoker24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 94
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I checked out the cigarfriendly.us and that was a great resource. I can't wait to get connected with some local aficionados! Thanks!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Welcome to the forums and this wonderful hobby! Glad to see a new member, but you can only stay if you aren't a Steelers fan... Sorry but we already have one of those around here, Luko, and his B.S. is almost more than this forum can hold! lol Just kidding. Welcome aboard and hope you have as much fun here as we all do. Luko might be a good guy to ask about a B&M in the Burgh. He lives up there too and is one of the long term members here and is a good guy.
    Ha ha... actually it is tough living in PBRGH when you are actually an Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies fan!! I grew up near the ccom headquarters which is only about 45 minutes north of Philly!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Welcome aboard. Be sure to try and get on the good traders list soes you can participate in all the excellent games and what-not that goes on here.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    newbiesmoker24:
    Ha ha... actually it is tough living in PBRGH when you are actually an Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies fan!! I grew up near the ccom headquarters which is only about 45 minutes north of Philly!
    Wow... An Eagles fan is waaaay worse! I'm in Dallas if that tells you anything! haha But in all reality welcome and if you check out the "Non-cigar Related" section we have a football thread where we talk trash. It's under the "Support Your Team" thread so feel free to stop by and join in.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    newbiesmoker24:
    I am in the Burgh but since your a philly fan I cant help you LOL
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome from the Florida brothers and light 'em up
    newbiesmoker24:
    Well in that case, you are no longer welcome. haha
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    o sh1t, i actually meant kelly.....and thats my wifes name too......who the F is kim and what was i thinking about....
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Welcome to the Forums!
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Jetmech_63:
    o sh1t, i actually meant kelly.....and thats my wifes name too......who the F is kim and what was i thinking about....
    was there not a Kim who used to do ccom videos or was that kelly?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
    undulac:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Yeah, I know. It is a tough crowd in a drinking town with a football problem. What about some good B&M's around the city!?
    newbiesmoker24:
    undulac:
    newbiesmoker24:
    Yeah, I know. It is a tough crowd in a drinking town with a football problem. What about some good B&M's around the city!?
    Actually I'm a Browns, Indians, and Cavs fan. Huge Pens fan though but it's the only Pittsburgh sport I like. As for a B&M, check out the thread titled "Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table." It was started by on of our brothers that owns a B&M in the burgh. If you get in contact with him, he'll give you all the details you need to know. Welcome and enjoy!!
  • Vince OVince O Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 279
    Lots of great shops in the greater Pittsburgh area some of the best are ........ well King Beaver cigars 1106 Penna .Ave monaca Pa 15061, 724-774-5166, open tuesday till saturday from noon to 6 Pm but Fridays it BYOB & open till 11PM , closed on Sunday & Monday , I have a life & cant be there 24/7 ... a one man operation, but we have about 600 facings , 2 walkin humidors & lots of chairs that are comfortable, but only one foot stool .... THATS MINE ! , there is always coffee on & a cooler to keep your beer, & lockers for rent so you dont need to carry an open bottle home with you, .... since i dont know what part of town yopur in , it makes it tuff to point you to any other shops , not that I wiould tell you about them hahahaha, but I do hang out at a few of the others, on the north side there is Exuctive cigars, south side has blooms the strip dristrict has the leaf & bean & I some times roll cigars there for jim, , up rt.28 in Blawnox is Alleghney smoke works & in Slippry Rock there is SL Cigars Joe is a great guy to get to know as well as all the guys in the cigar world here in da burgh, , I live in Freedom Pa just accross the river from Monaca & have a smoking room here at home your welcome anytime, we have a little gathering every Tuedsay , at my place , call the shop for directions , on Tuesday My wife goes to bible study, & we have our own study when she is out, the coffee will be hot & plentyfull, BYOB, unless its a bottle of single malt I will pass, hahahaha ... Welcome to the zoo ! Enjoy,, Vince
    Nice Vince, I am in Bellevue, North Hills area. So, I could definitely run up your way sometime. I think that is cool you have a Bible study on Tuesdays. I have a group Bible study on Mondays near my town but Tuesdays would be a nice way to get my cigar fix in as well as some God time. That way the wife can't get too upset with me! :-) I will PM you or call the shop to get more details. Thanks!
  • Vince OVince O Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 279
    newbiesmoker24:
    Nice Vince, I am in Bellevue, North Hills area. So, I could definitely run up your way sometime. I think that is cool you have a Bible study on Tuesdays. I have a group Bible study on Mondays near my town but Tuesdays would be a nice way to get my cigar fix in as well as some God time. That way the wife can't get too upset with me! :-) I will PM you or call the shop to get more details. Thanks!
    Call the shop , I am not on the computer all that much during the week... Enjoy, Vince
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    newbiesmoker24:
    What, a flyers fan in the burgh? I thought we got rid of the last one of those a couple of years ago. Yeah, so, we're gonna need you to leave Pittsburgh as soon as possible.

Good to see another botl from the area on here. I've never taken Vince up on his multiple generous offers to go check out his place in Beaver. It's just so hard to get away when you have two kids including a 1-year-old. If you get out there, let me know how awesome it is so it entices me to go out. He mentioned all the good shops I would know of. There are also some Smoker Friendly's around the region (including one in murrysville I go to cause it's convenient) that aren't too bad. One on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill too that I'm drawing a blank on.

Anyway, welcome and go Pens.
    Luko:
    newbiesmoker24:
    What, a flyers fan in the burgh? I thought we got rid of the last one of those a couple of years ago. Yeah, so, we're gonna need you to leave Pittsburgh as soon as possible.

Good to see another botl from the area on here. I've never taken Vince up on his multiple generous offers to go check out his place in Beaver. It's just so hard to get away when you have two kids including a 1-year-old. If you get out there, let me know how awesome it is so it entices me to go out. He mentioned all the good shops I would know of. There are also some Smoker Friendly's around the region (including one in murrysville I go to cause it's convenient) that aren't too bad. One on Murray Ave. in Squirrel Hill too that I'm drawing a blank on.

Anyway, welcome and go Pens.
    Us Flyer fans in Pittsburgh usually only come out of the wood-work during the playoffs. Or when we beat the Pens 3-2 at their new stadium! ;-) I am busy this week and next, but after that I will probably stop by Vince's place. It is really not that far from me. I will let you know how it goes. I will check out that place on Murray Ave. as well. Thanks!