Home General Discussion

Beetle hole found! Recommendations needed

2»

Comments

• ArkiasArkias Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Lasabar:
    Frootloops:
    so is it safe to smoke the cigar with the beetle inside?
    Perfectly safe... Sometimes you hear a *POP*

I've been smoking the cuban labels from here and noticed really small faint pops(even spark a little) while the wrapper is burning.  I was wondering what this was but I assumed it was part of the burning reaction of the wrapper, could it have been beetles?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Arkias:
    Lasabar:
    Frootloops:

I've been smoking the cuban labels from here and noticed really small faint pops(even spark a little) while the wrapper is burning.  I was wondering what this was but I assumed it was part of the burning reaction of the wrapper, could it have been beetles?
    Could have been, but it could be humidity, or moisture or lots of things..... But as long as it tastes good, SMOKE ON!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Arkias:
    Lasabar:
    Frootloops:

as long as you don't hear any screaming, you should be good
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I filed a complaint with the sister site and so far have gotten nothing but remediation advice and a offer to return the infested stick. I smoked it as fast as possible to contain the threat so that will not help me. I suggested they could learn something from Ccom CS
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    fla-gypsy:
    I filed a complaint with the sister site and so far have gotten nothing but remediation advice and a offer to return the infested stick. I smoked it as fast as possible to contain the threat so that will not help me. I suggested they could learn something from Ccom CS

I bet they loved that ! Good Shot Brother !
  • ArkiasArkias Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Who's the sister site?
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Arkias:
    Who's the sister site?
    C.I.
    fla-gypsy:
    Gypsy did you have anyone from C.COM look at that picture? I don't know, but it doesn't look like a chew hole made from any bug. These are usually round.

I ordered a box off a guy on E-bay one time and when it came the beetles had reduced most of the wrappers to dust. But where there was any intact wrapper left you could see tiny perfectly round holes like you see on vegetables in the garden.

Not saying that is definatley isn't beetles, but it may just be a knocked wrapper from rough handling. I would ask Alex to look. Who do we know who would have had the chance to see this more then him?
    I ordered from the same company, had a whole bundle of sticks that were plugged... Their Response... "Time will loosen them"
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    found a beetle in my last ISOM San Cristobal yesterday. it was a round hole for sure. beetle was still in the humi though so i crushed his guts out
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    Lakers this Is a first..write down the date...I agree with you. Haha. I was thinking along the same lines. Looks like maybe Its just a wrapper flaw?
    24footjet:
    Lakers this Is a first..write down the date...I agree with you. Haha. I was thinking along the same lines. Looks like maybe Its just a wrapper flaw?
    Did you guy's all feel that?

Hell just froze over ! LMAO

We may never know now cause the picture is the only evidence. Crazy basturd smoked it ! Just joking Gypsy, I would have burned that thing right away too.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    yeah, I even had one distributor tell me that all cigars have beetles in them...it is just that the opportunity to hatch doesn't happen to all of them. (This was after two primo stiks purchased from him had beetles in them...)
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Glad to hear your other cigars seem to be OK. not surprised at the response you got from CI, as it mirrors my own from a different issue. That is why I don't do business with them.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    laker1963:
    24footjet:
    Did you guy's all feel that?

Hell just froze over ! LMAO

We may never know now cause the picture is the only evidence. Crazy basturd smoked it ! Just joking Gypsy, I would have burned that thing right away too.
    The pic I had was taken with my blackberry so not a great pic, but it was a nice round hole and quite deep. I am certain it was beetles. So far no further evidence of infestation. CI CS is non exsistant. They quit responding to me after I told them where they could get real training on how to conduct CS correctly.
    Hawk55:
    yeah, I even had one distributor tell me that all cigars have beetles in them...it is just that the opportunity to hatch doesn't happen to all of them. (This was after two primo stiks purchased from him had beetles in them...)
    Most do... Some premium manufacturers fumigate, but most don't.... So yes, every cigar has beetle eggs in them... and the right conditions are what hatch them (my demise was heat.... the Humidity was decent, but a couple days at 80*F plus and I had issues!)