Home General Discussion

Beetle hole found! Recommendations needed

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
I have discovered a beetle hole in a stick I received on Thursday from sister site. What is the best course of action at this point? I will examine all of them when I get home from work for others but 4 days have elapsed to this point and I am concerned for my entire stash

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    fla-gypsy:
    I have discovered a beetle hole in a stick I received on Thursday from sister site. What is the best course of action at this point? I will examine all of them when I get home from work for others but 4 days have elapsed to thjis point and I am concerned for my entire stash
    Don't know if this would an extreme solution or not but possibly freeze your sticks then bring them up in temp in the fridge for a few days to back in to humi...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Put all your sticks in zip-lock..... put in fridge for 24 hours...... freeze for 72 hours...... fridge for 48 hours...... back in humi.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    fla-gypsy:
    I have discovered a beetle hole in a stick I received on Thursday from sister site. What is the best course of action at this point? I will examine all of them when I get home from work for others but 4 days have elapsed to this point and I am concerned for my entire stash
    Just out of curiousity, what was the stick that had the beetle hole?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    La Estrella Cubana
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Keep the sticks that had the beetles out and away from everything if they were not in your humi to long and you keep the cello on the sticks I would just keep a close eye on every thing else befor i took the extream of freezing every thing but do freeze the infeasted sticks if the sister company wont take them back I have a humi i put all my sticks in when i get them for a while before i send them to play with the others
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    remember to clean your humi after you've decided what to do with the sticks
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I..... Hate.... This.... Day... I've had this happen and although only two sticks took a digger, it SUUUCKED
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Man I had this happen not so long ago... I got lucky that they dies and didn't get to anymore of my sticks.... Good luck hope all is ok
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Don't buy from the "sister site."

stephen_hannibal:
    Don't buy from the "sister site."

. The problem is they share a warehouse
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I hate tobacco beetles! Kill it with fire! But seriously, lilwing has the right idea. Fridge, freeze, fridge. I read somewhere that the microwave kills them, but I dunno if it's safe to do that.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    That's awful. I can't offer any useful advice other than what's been said.

I've got a handful of sticks coming here from the bid site, and for some reason they can't seem to ship my orders using anything other than UPS ground. I'm thinking those sticks are going to stay in the bags, on the other side of the house.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Smoke them Fast Send them Back to the Sister SIght with an Old Clock ticking inside it and a Nice Note , and a Bill for the Thousands of Sticks these Little Bitches May have ruined! The SHaring the Wharehouse and the Two Buisnesse4s being the Same deal seems to continue to Come up!
    Pic of the damage I found from my Blackberry
    I promptly offered this stick and any remianing buggers up as a burnt offering
    I have examined all of my sticks and found no other indication that there is an issue with them. Since the suspect stick was a new arrival, I am pretty sure it came that way, but it was in the box for 4 days. I have taken the precaution of taking all of my uncello'd sticks and putting them in a Ccom pouch since they were the most vulnerable and packaged up the rest in bags as well in groups. I will be inspecting them daily for a period of time to be certain it was an isolated incident. At this time i am not goinng to go the freezing route. I will keep everyone abreast of the issue. i am glad I found it as quickly as I did or it could have been disastrous.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Every time I read one of these horror stories it makes me get up and check my cigars. I will now have several restless nights thanks to you gypsy. I hope your loss is minimal.
    So far no loss as I smoked that sucker in spite! It does have me very concerned for the rest of my stash
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    fla-gypsy:
    So far no loss as I smoked that sucker in spite! It does have me very concerned for the rest of my stash
    how many did u have that were uncelloed?
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    About 20, and some great sticks mixed in there too.
    Here's to no more bugs in your shiznit!
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 181
    I feel your pain Gypsy, I had the same thing happen.
    Luckily I'm perpetually ordering more than I have room for and the tainted batch was still in the shipping bag when I noticed the holes.
    I'd be interested to hear what, if any response you get from them.

Regardless of if they share a warehouse, Ccom would replace damaged sticks where, in my experience at least, the sister site gave me some helpful advice on how to kill the beetles they sent me.
    LeftFive:
    I feel your pain Gypsy, I had the same thing happen.
    Luckily I'm perpetually ordering more than I have room for and the tainted batch was still in the shipping bag when I noticed the holes.
    I'd be interested to hear what, if any response you get from them.

Regardless of if they share a warehouse, Ccom would replace damaged sticks where, in my experience at least, the sister site gave me some helpful advice on how to kill the beetles they sent me.
    Complaint was entered, we will see how they respond and if I become a Ccom exclusive purchaser. I still do a little business with them because they are cheaper sometimes, but I don't need this kind of problems.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    fla-gypsy:
    Krieg:
    fla-gypsy:
    About 20, and some great sticks mixed in there too.
    Wow, that's alot...hope they make it ok...company might have cheaper prices, but it ain't worth this, is it?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    If you feel like your stuff might be in trouble, freeze them for a few days. You'll be fine. It will give you peace of mind! I pretty much freeze any ISOMs I get. Also, if I get from a place I am not that familiar with (which is rare) I also freeze. never had a problem freezing any and I have had beetle problems twice.
  • FrootloopsFrootloops Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    so is it safe to smoke the cigar with the beetle inside?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    you have smoked tobacco beatles and never known it, frootloops. it's just a factor
    Frootloops:
    Perfectly safe... Sometimes you hear a *POP*
    Frootloops:
    . I am still on this side of the dirt
    fla-gypsy:
    Frootloops:
    . I am still on this side of the dirt
    Ha!
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 136
    I had an LGC that came from a B&M that hatched in my humidor.It was probably there a week or so before a hole appeared.I removed it and no others were affected.I think they chomp away at their host for sometime before moving on.If you gently tap your unwrapped sticks on a light colored surface and powdered beetle crap falls out.Then you have an affected stick.