Home General Discussion

Duty's Thousandth

dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
Doody Contest: Play the Game, You Might Win Some Sh!t Alright, I see 1K posts in my future. While I don't really have the resources to put together a whopping extravaganza, I feel like I should at the very least do something special. The contest will be simple.. somewhat on the order of Maddy's 1,000th post contest, but with a few extra things thrown in for my own amusement.

My bathroom scale measures weight to a resolution of 0.2 pounds. That is to say, if I weighed 499.9 pounds, it might register a 499.8, or maybe a 500.0, but not a 499.9.

On Tuesday, 9/16, I decided it had come time to weigh myself and begin a new weight-loss regimen. So I logged my start weight on my spreadsheet (naturally), and have since been on a diet until I hit my target weight.

Here's how this works:
The winner will be the person who guesses closest to the amount of weight I will have lost as of the date of my 1,000th post.

One more rule
To make things a bit more interesting, all guesses will be closed as of the time I make my 950th post.

I normally conduct daily weigh-ins just prior to eating lunch, except on Wednesdays, when the weigh-ins are conducted just prior to eating dinner. On weekends, the timing (lunch or dinner) may vary.

Extra-special bonus questions
If you are the lucky winner, you have a chance to add to your winnings with each of the following questions. Correct answers to the bonus questions are cumulative. I'll pick up a special treat for each of these individual questions. What I don't ship out as a prize, I will smoke :)
1. What was my weight on 9/16/2008? (+/- 5 lbs)
2. What was my weight when I began my first recorded diet on 9/2/2004? (+/- 5 lbs)
3. What was the difference between my maximum recorded weight (9/2/2004) and minimum recorded weight (9/20/2007)? (+/- 2 lbs)

As I said, I will freeze all answers (even the bonus questions) when I reach 950 posts. At that time, I will also post the answers to the 3 bonus questions, so you know who is in the running for potential extra credit. Good luck everybody!!

DISCLAIMER: If I have made any particularly telling posts about my weight in any of my previous posts on here, I will modify some/all of the 3 bonus questions to something that is fair, but not a slam-dunk (a la the jozer contest) :)

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Additional Amendment
    In the event of a tie (the two closest guesses are equidistant from the correct answer), the tie-breaker will be the guess that was posted earliest.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Doody:
    (a la the jozer contest) :)
    Oh har har. That was so funny I forgot to laugh. :).
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    j0z3r:
    Doody:
    (a la the jozer contest) :)
    Oh har har. That was so funny I forgot to laugh. :).
    That was a low blow duty!
    dutyje:
    What I don't ship out as a prize, I will smoke :)
    You will not. You will poke it, prod it, perform experiments on it, and put all data into a spread. Then score it.
    Based on this score you will then determine the proper date to smoke the cigar based on a formula derived from your presmoke scoring system and a complex calculation of flavor to season ratio.
    You'll then use this ratio and current month in a formula to determine the exact time of the day in which to partake in the cigar.

While smoking you will constantly be running data through your spreadsheet to determine intervals between drags, when to ash, when to blow through, when the cigar has reached its peak flavor, and ultimately when it should be set down. Not to mention the direction you should be facing based on wind direction so that the wind will have the least effect on the burn of the cigar so as not to contaminate your burn score and ultimatley the overall score of this subject, err, cigar. :)
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    PM me your height :)
  • SacNickSacNick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    No hints at all???
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    there has been one.

...just not on this thread
    kuzi16:
    there has been one.

...just not on this thread
    Indeed
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Weight lost 18.8 lbs.
    Yeah 1st post for tiebreaker!
    HA
    I will post bonus answers shortly.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    You will not. You will poke it, prod it, perform experiments on it, and put all data into a spread. Then score it.
    Based on this score you will then determine the proper date to smoke the cigar based on a formula derived from your presmoke scoring system and a complex calculation of flavor to season ratio.
    You'll then use this ratio and current month in a formula to determine the exact time of the day in which to partake in the cigar.

While smoking you will constantly be running data through your spreadsheet to determine intervals between drags, when to ash, when to blow through, when the cigar has reached its peak flavor, and ultimately when it should be set down. Not to mention the direction you should be facing based on wind direction so that the wind will have the least effect on the burn of the cigar so as not to contaminate your burn score and ultimatley the overall score of this subject, err, cigar. :)
    Duty I hope you didn't take offense to this, I just read back over and got a slightly harsher, more sh*tty humor than I originally intended. My guess is coming shortly.
    I'm guessing you will have lost 6.8 lbs

1. 178 lbs
    2.188 lbs
    3.16.2 lbs
    madurofan:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

Duty I hope you didn't take offense to this, I just read back over and got a slightly harsher, more sh*tty humor than I originally intended. My guess is coming shortly.
    Dude.. I laughed when I read that. You'd have to try an awful lot harder to offend me. I probably just didn't respond because I can't afford to have my post-count to rocket up to 1,000 so fast ;)
    madurofan:

1. 178 lbs
    2.188 lbs
    3.162 lbs
    Your guess on question #3 seems somewhat inconsistent with your guesses on #1 and #2. That may be an intentional strategic play, or you may have misunderstood the question.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

1. 178 lbs
    2.188 lbs
    3.162 lbs
    Your guess on question #3 seems somewhat inconsistent with your guesses on #1 and #2. That may be an intentional strategic play, or you may have misunderstood the question.
    Crap ... it was a complete blunder! There was supposed to have decimal point in there. Is it against the rules for me to fix it?
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

1. 178 lbs
    2.188 lbs
    3.162 lbs
    Crap ... it was a complete blunder! There was supposed to have decimal point in there. Is it against the rules for me to fix it?
    Edits of guesses will be allowed all the way up to my 950th post.
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    I think you will lose 8.6 lb.

Extras:
    1. 194.2 lb.
    2. 217 lb.
    3. 23 lb.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    You will lose 10.3 pounds.

1. 183 pounds
    2. 203 pounds
    3. 33 pounds
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Come the day of your 1000th post, you'll have lost: 12.6 pounds.

1: 156 lbs.
    2: 148 lbs.
    3: 17 lbs.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    So in 2004, you were Heavy Duty? Ha! Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal and please, remember to tip your waitress.
    You also never said how many guesses we were allowed, unless I just missed that.
    madurofan:
    You also never said how many guesses we were allowed, unless I just missed that.
    Sorry.. one guess per person, but feel free to change it as often as you like, as I get closer to 950... then I'm putting it all in the spreadsheet (naturally), posting up the answers to the bonus questions, and we'll see who wins when I hit 1,000.
    Ok, so I already posted 18.8 lbs

1 - 203
    2 - 232
    3 - 27
    Luko:
    So in 2004, you were Heavy Duty?
    LMAO!
  • SacNickSacNick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 77
    14.0 pounds

1 - 195
    2 - 225
    3 - 20
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    9.8 lbs

1. 189 lbs
    2. 226 lbs
    3. 48 lbs
    Just a friendly reminder that guesses are permitted until I make my 950th post. This is my 931st post. That means there are 19 more posts left until guesses in my 1,000th post contest will be recorded and frozen! You may edit your guess until then. See rules for details :)
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    You will lose 12.4 lbs

1. 223 lbs
    2. 236 lbs
    3. 32.8 lbs
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Looks like I'm getting these in just in time.

Lost 12.2 lbs
    1. 275
    2. 335
    3. 80
  • cphk96cphk96 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    I'll play... Lost 21.8lbs 1. 229.5lbs 2. 247.0lbs 3. 67.8lbs