Home General Discussion

Just not that into it...

ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
For me it's the Park Avenue. I love the AJ blends, but this one just does nothing for me. A couple of disclaimers, 1) I know this is more of a budget smoke - so I was never expecting a knock out. 2) I'm not usually a huge fan of connies anyway.

I keep revisiting just to be sure - it's a no go. The worst part, I can't pin down what it is. I usually find the first 1/3 almost completely airballs for me. The last 1/3 is more rewarding, I'm usually tired of it by that point anyway.

It's not horrible, it's just not GOOD. Feel free to post the stick you just can't get into, even though you know others like it.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Most blends by Oliva, except the V and Sam's stuff, I haven't had one I like.
    Also most of the blends by Rocky Patel just can't get into them.

• thehoffthehoff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    stephen_hannibal:
    Most blends by Oliva, except the V and Sam's stuff, I haven't had one I like.
    Also most of the blends by Rocky Patel just can't get into them.

+1 to that. I really can't get into CAOs except the MX2 or any and all Acids.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Anything from Drew Estate except the Liga Privada lines.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Graycliff 1666
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ..I may be the only one, but Man-o' War. I tried three times, but that's just me.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Gurkha and Rocky come to mind...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I really like the Park Avenue. And that's saying a lot, cuz I don't like milder cigars. The one I tried had almost a year of rest on it. That might have been a factor.......

For me, it's the entire Padilla line..... just not that into anything from them. I wanna try the 1932 blend. But it's at the bottom of my list.
    I was not really that into Padilla, until I tried 1932. It is incredible.
  • thehoffthehoff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    kaspera79:
    I was not really that into Padilla, until I tried 1932. It is incredible.
    That cigar might have the ugliest ash ever created. Grey, white, brown... the taste is top notch though.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    jship079:
    Graycliff 1666
    +1.. also the Padilla Obsidian
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    lilwing88:
    I really like the Park Avenue. And that's saying a lot, cuz I don't like milder cigars. The one I tried had almost a year of rest on it. That might have been a factor.......

For me, it's the entire Padilla line..... just not that into anything from them. I wanna try the 1932 blend. But it's at the bottom of my list.
    Have you had the Dominus?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    docbp87:
    lilwing88:

Have you had the Dominus?
    Yea. Wasn't that impressed. Pretty one-dimensional, for me.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Not digging any of the Perdomo's I've had.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Padron - I just don't care for the taste of licking a cigarette smoker's ashtray. Everyone I have had I have thrown out before finishing it.
  • Stormcrow75Stormcrow75 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Rocky Patel for me. Every one that I've tried so far I don't like much at all.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    Cameroon wrappers... not a big fan of anything with a cameroon wrapper...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    5 Vegas classic. I like some of their other lines a lot (gold, miami) but the classic just doesn't do it for me at all.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    I hated the Padilla Series 68 until I started blowing the smoke through my nose....guh I hate tasting flavors after already judging a cigar lol.
  • MESKCMESKC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    bigharpoon:
    5 Vegas classic. I like some of their other lines a lot (gold, miami) but the classic just doesn't do it for me at all.
    I have to agree.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Montecristo, 5 vegas gold. Also Gurkha park ave. Like the oral equivalent of watching paint dry.
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    jsnake:
    Padron - I just don't care for the taste of licking a cigarette smoker's ashtray. Everyone I have had I have thrown out before finishing it.
    Wow. Having just had the 1926 maduro that's mind blowing, one of the best cigars I've had and one of the least full on tobacco tasting cigar I've had, it had coffee, some cocoa, and earth flavors going on.

For me it's the Oliva V, before I had even started reading reviews on line I didn't, but then I read the reviews and it seemed like almost everyone raves about them. Went out and bought another thinking "well I'm must be some kind of an idiot if everyone else loves this smoke", still didn't like it.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Rocky Patel, but I've still got plenty of blends to try. So I'm not going to give up on them yet.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    MESKC:
    bigharpoon:
    I have to agree.

+2
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    not a huge fan of Rocky Patel. there are a few that im not mad at but the rest of them always seem to let me down.

Tatuaje is the other one im just not into. they have a very different flavor Profile but im just not excited about them. i see why others like them so much, but they arent my style. i have yet to try all of the tats out there but so far, im not impressed. maybe a different vitola of the cojonu line will work for me. they all seem to vary quite a bit, but im not running out to try em all.

edit:
    its strange though....
    i have tatuaje in my top 25 simply because of the red and black tubos. those are some solid smokes. i also seem to find myself smoking them quite a bit because many of my local friends seem to smoke ONLY tats....
    its a strange relationship me and tatuaje...
    i think they are solid cigars but i feel they get way more hype than they are worth. i actually LIKE them, but because of all they hype i always hear about them from friends and other forums i am constantly let down by them as if they should be way better. i guess thats why they made this thread for me.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I'd be fine if I never had another padilla. Not that they're all bad (some are), just don't do it for me. I might have weird tastes though, I definitely like the vast majority of the RP blends.
    Hey Luko (otsf), I too like most of RP's stuff, and there is a ton of it, including the Nordings which seem to be harder to find these days. But the Padilla 1932 is right at the top of my favorites list. You and I have what I consider similar tastes based on several of your past posts, so you may find them enjoyable if you haven't tried them yet.
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Oliva series O. It is a great smoke that burns excellent and I have no complaints about it other than I just don't care for it. I can't pin what it is but I just don't.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Bahia Trinidad and Graycliff G2.

Had some issues with construction on the Bahia I did try, the experience was so bad I can't even bring myself to give any Bahia another chance. Just not into wasting my money I guess. The G2 was fine just not what I look for in a cigar.
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    I know I'm going to be drug out the back and shot for this, but I had a Man o' War for the first time last night and was totally underwhelmed. Not sure exactly what I was expecting but I found it incredibly one dimensional and just flat out boring. I bought one of each, the regular, SE, Ruination and Virtue so I haven't thrown them out the window and I'll probably try another just to see if I'm missing something but I was very disappointed with how favorable they seem to be.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    RP and Gurkha for sure. Not a fan of either. RP has a few decent blends, and the Decade used to be my favorite cigar a couple years ago. Lately, I've just been incredibly bored with most RPs, including the Decades I've smoked.

I've found a few Fernandez's blends to be really inconsistent. The ITC 10th, A. Fern Sig, original Man o War, Man o War SE and one other that I can't think of at the moment are pretty sub-par to me. Even the LHC OF is good and beefy, but it just tastes a bit unbalanced to me at times, and I wouldn't be upset if I never smoked one again. The Ruination, on the other hand, I definitely need to hang on to. :) And the Diesel Shorty.