Home General Discussion

Smoking alone

2»

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'd really prefer smoking with some good friends, but after being in the Army, most of my friends are either still in the Army or moved on after years of little contact. I'm getting used to smoking alone, and I've found it's rather relaxing to just puff away, and forget everything while enjoying the backyard (which looks like a small orchard with our pears and persimmons). If only it weren't summer.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    xmacro:
    I smoke alone most of the time since I smoke while studying; that said, a lot of the best cigars I've ever had were smoked with my Dad out by the pool. Good company can really do wonders

I smoke when studying as well. I make up my flash cards and go out there and fire one off and got hrough my cards 2 or 3 times each. It honestly helps!

I've said this in other threads, but I think having someone else to enjoy a cigar with makes a big difference.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Big T smokes:
    xmacro:
    I smoke alone most of the time since I smoke while studying; that said, a lot of the best cigars I've ever had were smoked with my Dad out by the pool. Good company can really do wonders

I smoke when studying as well. I make up my flash cards and go out there and fire one off and got hrough my cards 2 or 3 times each. It honestly helps!

I've said this in other threads, but I think having someone else to enjoy a cigar with makes a big difference.
    I can go either way, I really enjoy sitting down with my bro or a BOTL and comparing notes while smoking but I also like the solitude and quiet of that cigar on the back porch while I watch the birds at the feeder
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'll smoke alone or with someone, no preference as long as I'm getting to smoke..
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I do about ninety percent of my smoking alone (with the exception of those few rare occassions when I have some of my fellow cigar smokers over for a BBQ). I like smoking alone though- you pop in some background music, have a beverage of choice and let your mind wander. I do a lot of deep thinking on those occassions (kinda like a mini meditation period).
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    taddow:
    I do about ninety percent of my smoking alone (with the exception of those few rare occassions when I have some of my fellow cigar smokers over for a BBQ). I like smoking alone though- you pop in some background music, have a beverage of choice and let your mind wander. I do a lot of deep thinking on those occassions (kinda like a mini meditation period).

+1 exactly
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    I'm probably 50/50, my brothers, dad, and 2 good friends all smoke and live within 15 minutes of me so at least once a week if not more we're all smoking together. But the rest of the time it's "by myself" with the dog, a book and a bourbon. Both of which are awesome just for very different reasons.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    The Sniper:
    There are actually a lot of times I PREFER smoking alone. I have found a very nice little park in our town that is deserted (except for deer and the occasional fox) early on Saturday and Sunday mornings. A good book, a good smoke, and my non-alcoholic beverage of choice out there while my family is sleeping in is a really great way to decompress from the week and get some relaxing "me" time in.

I got into this hobby, partly, as a way to force myself to take an hour or so to relax once in a while. Sometimes I dont like anyone else intruding on that time... :-D
    My exact thoughts 99% of the time I prefer being alone.

Theres noone there to ruin my "ME" time. I go to my man cave turn on some good tunes and sit in my chair, kick my feet up and turn off my brain.

An hour or two later I feel like a new man. Almost as though I got back from a mini vacation.