Home General Discussion

punch or cutter?

2»

Comments

• RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    shamrocked:
    i tend to prefer a cutter when i am at home. definitely keeps the cigar cooler and i feel like with the punch you have to take puffs more often to keep the cigar burning due to the restricted air flow. However, i typically use the punch if i go to a cigar bar, golf course, etc... i keep one on my keychain and just less of a hassle to not worry about bringing/losing my cutter.
    Thats it man.. I tend to smoke a little too fast so the punch keeps me at bay.
  • DHawkDHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Cutter myself. I have a punch on my lighter but haven't tried it yet. Figured with my luck, I will bend/mess up the cigar trying to punch it!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Punch all the time unless it cant be used then its a double guillotine
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    shamrocked:
    i tend to prefer a cutter when i am at home. definitely keeps the cigar cooler and i feel like with the punch you have to take puffs more often to keep the cigar burning due to the restricted air flow. However, i typically use the punch if i go to a cigar bar, golf course, etc... i keep one on my keychain and just less of a hassle to not worry about bringing/losing my cutter.
    What size is your punch? Reason I ask is I hear what you said and people saying they accumulate tar with a punch. I use a 9mm punch and never have these problems.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    One2gofst:
    shamrocked:
    What size is your punch? Reason I ask is I hear what you said and people saying they accumulate tar with a punch. I use a 9mm punch and never have these problems.
    What kind of 9mm punch do you have? I think I might punch more if I had a bigger one. Right now I have the Xikar 007, which i think must be 7mm.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Cutter on everything; I either use my Xi2 or my perfect cut (love that backing plate)
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    ironhorse:
    One2gofst:
    shamrocked:
    What kind of 9mm punch do you have? I think I might punch more if I had a bigger one. Right now I have the Xikar 007, which i think must be 7mm.

I'll have to measure the size after work ... I think it is a 9mm. I received it as a freebie with a ccom order :).
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Mine is on the bottom of my Xikar Eris.