Home General Discussion

Best 'Value' Cigars

AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
What cigars do you think are the best value? I keep the purple labels around for friends (b/c my stupid friends don't deserve my good stock) but I also really enjoy smoking the purples myself b/c t is a good quality smoke and a pretty darn good value. If I know I'm going to have distractions and won't get to really 'concentrate' on a smoke, I'll pull out a purple (or sometimes blue label). So, what say you gentlemen?

Comments

• coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    To me one of the best "value" cigars out is the Devil's Weed. I just got my second box of these and love them! My second choice would be the FUMAS...a couple friends of mine each got a box when they were on special for $19.99 for a box. Can't hardly beat that price either.

Then for just a bit more money the 5 Vegas Gold and Classic are great sticks as well!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    To me the best "value" cigars are anything free! LOL! But seriously, one of my favorite affordable smokes is the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Very smooth and spicy.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Right now you can pick up a box of Nica Libre for $35!!! That is value!!!
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I love the Nica Libre for a value smoke. Never had one burn poorly and every draw is pleasantly loose but not too loose. Construction is a big deal for me in a value smoke.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I also enjoy the Sol Cubano Cuban cabinet, but that borders on being a a mid range stick. I just think its great for the money.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I would agree with the GH 2002 above. Not a big fan of the devil's weed. Just depends on your taste. The nica libre is a great deal IMHO. Gurkha cuban legacy is right up there too for me. I also enjoy padilla achilles and pretty much anything from the 5v lineup. Just my $.02.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Oh yeah, CCom house blends. Both the corojo and brazil are awesome IMO.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    ljl:
    I would agree with the GH 2002 above. Not a big fan of the devil's weed. Just depends on your taste. The nica libre is a great deal IMHO. Gurkha cuban legacy is right up there too for me. I also enjoy padilla achilles and pretty much anything from the 5v lineup. Just my $.02.
    My friend we have very similar taste. I would lso add if I'm spending the money on the 5 Vegas I'm usually also looking at a box of Curley Heads(40 in a box) or the Curley Head deluxe. I really love the Curley Heads probably because they were one of my firsts
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Gran Habano #1 and #5 are great smokes for the coin...
    La Diferencia Cubana form last weeks blitz are pretty good too.
    Oh and I'll be the only one to say it Puros Indios Viejo.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Stephen, +1 on the Puros Indios Viejo.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    ironhorse:
    I love the Nica Libre for a value smoke. Never had one burn poorly and every draw is pleasantly loose but not too loose. Construction is a big deal for me in a value smoke.
    +1
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Cu Avana Intenso for a cheap, full bodied smoke. Call in your order to Jeff Jackson and beg him to hook you up. Should be able to get to them to you for $2-3 a stick.

And +1 more for the Nica Libres and the 5 Vegas Gold/Classic. All should be around that $2 range if you know who to call!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Another vote for the Nica Libre, especially with this week's weekend blitz.
  • tkohlertkohler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I picked up a box of nica libres a while back, these are decent smokes esp for the price. Another one I've been using as a morning smoke, yard gar, or golf smoke are these guys - http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=490
    Not the greatest construction, but they all burn and taste pretty good for how cheap they are. Nothing too complicated, and you don't feel bad lighting up another when you drop it in the bunker, water hazard, or step on it while jumping up and down cuz you sunk your birdie putt.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Definitely agree with Nica Libre and 5 vegas. I also think that Diesel Unholy Cocktail, when you buy them at box prices are a great value. Considering how good the cigar is, $3.33 is totally reasonable, IMO.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    My favorite budget smokes in no particular order are the Cuba Libre, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte and Double Maduro, and the Diesel. There are cheaper sticks out there that are still good, but for as little as I smoke I really don't need anything cheaper than those.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Ccom Brazilian and 5 Vegas Gold are my 2 favorite values... the Brazilian is one of my favorites regardless of value, it's just a great smoke...
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Saint Luis Rey Serie G
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Nica libre eh? My pockets are hurting for the next few weeks so I might just try these. How are they compared to the purple label. The purple label was in the top 10 on the front page a few weeks ago.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Nica Libre, Gurkha Park Ave., and 5 Vegas Classic are some great sticks for the money
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Nub, you can get great deals on them if you hand around for some DD on them.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Devils Weed, C.Com Cuban, Brazillian, Purple, Reds have been kind of hit n miss with me, Gurkha Park Ave, and Nica Libre
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    If you like wood, gentle spices, and cinnamon, go with the Padilla Hybrid. They're ridiculously cheap and they're good! 20 for 39 bucks.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    Didn't think I would have a reason to contribute to this thread, but when i got home and went to my humi, I realised there was a bunch of yard gars called Bock Y Ca that I got 3months ago for $1.08 a pop. Figured since it was inclement weather and i might get driven indoors in the middle of a smoke, I might as well waste one of those. Damn fine smoke!!! I couldn't put it down inspite of the rain, can't believe how good they tasted and how well they burned for such a cheap smoke. bloody good value folks. :)

• ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. Great cigar, great value!
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    +1 on the GH Vintage 2002....grab the mazo of 20 for 39.99!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Quintero, Flor de Oliva, 5 Vegas, CCOM Brazillian. CI Legends Orange label
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Nica Libre! Its also the weekend blitz so thats totally a good deal. Peppery start but a great finish. Didnt want to put it out. Also Calle Ochos. People have different views on these but I have loved every single one Ive smoked. Last one I smoked I had a 3 inch ash on the end of it lol. You can get a bundle as cheap as $20....lol.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    ThinBluLine06:
    Is this line decent? How does it compare to the 3 Siglos?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    JSaint:
    ThinBluLine06:
    Is this line decent? How does it compare to the 3 Siglos?
    Better in my opinion