Home General Discussion

Who gets your business?

docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
I thought it might be interesting to poll our purchase habits. Do you always buy from cigar.com, another site, your favorite B&M, or a combination. Do you always go for the best price regardless of the source, etc? I usually check several sites for daily/weekly deals and go for the best price. (As long as that site provides me with good service and fresh sticks) When I want to try something new I usually buy 2-3 at the B&M to give them a fair review.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    docedwards:
    I thought it might be interesting to poll our purchase habits. Do you always buy from cigar.com, another site, your favorite B&M, or a combination. Do you always go for the best price regardless of the source, etc? I usually check several sites for daily/weekly deals and go for the best price. (As long as that site provides me with good service and fresh sticks) When I want to try something new I usually buy 2-3 at the B&M to give them a fair review.
    I think chatting about your B&M's is ok, but other internet sites that are in competion with Ccom is not allowed. Ccom provides this forum for us, with the intention that we dont chat about competitors here.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    i deal with 4 online shops only, i dont broadcast them since these are my preferences and i seeked them out after a long research of each place,but ccom is not the first shop i go to, and thats being honest about it,
    but to name names, and give a free plug to your place is not allowed,
    i can see this going in the wrong direction
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I might be wrong, but I think docedwards was more asking how we buy not for us to name sites.
    I buy from places that have great customer service. So C.com and a B+M thats about 30mins from my house. Both have been great to me. Service above and beyond. I'd say 80% c.com 20% B+M
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I buy 99% of what I smoke online. I only occasionally go to the B&M, when I want something I know they have there, and their price is right.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Without naming any names I bought from an online store other than ccom 1 time. The price was right but the problems that I had with them made that a 1 time only purchase. All of my online purchases now are done right here. Even when they are not the cheapest the peace of mind that comes with the best cutomer service I have experienced makes it more than worth the price difference. I do make purchases from my local B&M when I stop in but it is usually only a few sticks at a time.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I love going to B&Ms and looking at their sticks all on display and standing in a walk-in humidor but when it comes time to buy it's hard forking over 7 or 8 bucks for a stick I know I can get for 3 in a daily deal or weekend blitz. I try to support local stores wherever I am but nearly all my purchases are online. B&Ms are good when I only want one of something, not 10 or 15.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    cigar.com rocks for me. My local B&M is great for supplies for the humidor, and the occasional stick that I want to try. I do have 1 other online shop that I order from for sticks that are not available from c.com.

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    99.5% of my purchases are online from 3 sources. CCom is my first choice because of SUPERIOR customer service. The CS here is unmatched!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    99% Of my purchases are online... from 3 places.
    And it's always daily deals from one, samplers from the other and accessories from the last.
    I go to my B&M for stuff that I don't see online or the price really isn't any different.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    C.com gets the majority of my business. The other online sites I use are their sister sites, so I guess it's okay to broadcast that.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    I buy just about all my sticks from ccom. I do visit a local BM a few times a month (today as a matter of fact) to meet up with a client who smokes, or just to hang out with other BOTL. Plus I like to buy locally. If I was a little bit more comfortable with my finances I know i'd buy a lot more from the local BM.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Eh, usually online, ccom is usually where I go. But I do go to a few other places at times if ccom doesn't have something. I don't go to the local shop much; just too much effort and since they won't let you use the lounge without paying I sort of stopped going.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I buy 99.51% of my sticks here at ccom, I have one other site (sister site) that I buy from if they have a good deal on sticks I want. The B&M's here don't have a great selection, and their prices are waaaaay higher than here, but I like to support the local businesses so I drop in and pick up a stick or two and maybe a cutter or something...
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    illinoisgolf99:
    I buy 99.51% of my sticks here at ccom, I have one other site (sister site) that I buy from if they have a good deal on sticks I want. The B&M's here don't have a great selection, and their prices are waaaaay higher than here, but I like to support the local businesses so I drop in and pick up a stick or two and maybe a cutter or something...
    Ditto. Tim a.k.a. "The Beard" has made it perfectly clear that I can contact him. He hasn't let me down yet. The only time I would go elsewhere is if I couldn't the the stick I want at C.com.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ccom is the first place I check when buying - if Ccom is at or near the lowest price I can find, I'll send an email to Ccom service asking for the lower price, or just order off the site. That said, if there's a huge difference in price (eg - $30 or so), I may order from the other site if I've had good experience with them before
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Only shop two places online, ccom and the sister site. I have a local b & m about 10 minutes away. The owner knows his stuff and usually sticks a free cigar in my pocket when I'm shopping there.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    I love going into the walk in humi at my B&M, checking out all the sticks, then comin home, getting online, and finding out i can get 5 sticks on the DD for the price of 1 of the same sticks at my B&M!!!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I do 95% here 3% @ sister and roughly 2% at my B&M since I go there for fuel and the occasional "gotta have X stick"
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I would say 90% of my cigars come from online. Maybe 5% from a B&M and I have about 6 to choose from close by. 5% from bombs and trades.
  • bige1371bige1371 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    Almost everything from Ccom. I go to a shop in Brooklyn, I know a guy that works there gives me good deals. Can't compare to Ccom prices though. If I'm thinking about buying a daily deal I'll stop by if I have time and test drive one before I buy a bunch. So about 97% Ccom and 3% Cigar shop
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    rossdavey2, you are correct. I should have been more specific. Thanks for leading everyone in the right direction and all the responses.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143

I spend about half my money at my local B&M and the other half here. I've bought from other sites before but I always end up coming back to Ccom--mostly because the samplers always have a good mix of sticks I'm looking to try for a good price.

I end up buying singles at the B&M and get my "bulk" purchases at CCom.

• BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    I buy 90% of my cigars online. 10% at B&M. I buy at the B&M when there is an event or if I'm going there to hang out and smoke. Of the other 90% I buy online 70% here and the sister site and I use one other site.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Buy about 95% online. Local B&Ms do get some $ from me, but I have not found one yet that feels like home. CCom takes care of me so well on the customer service side of things I do not feel the need to shop around. I will occasionally vary that but only for a really killer deal.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    i buy small cuban cigars from a shop over here, dont bother with the larger ones as they are a complete rip off price wise. but the mini ones are nice, same flavour but only a 20 min smoke.
    all other cigars are bought from ccom.
    even though every order ive placed with ccom has had a problem with it, i still keep coming back as i see my trade as repayment for all the knowledge ive gained from the ccom videos and all the time ive spent on here.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    sol1821:
    i buy small cuban cigars from a shop over here, dont bother with the larger ones as they are a complete rip off price wise. but the mini ones are nice, same flavour but only a 20 min smoke.
    even though every order ive placed with ccom has had a problem with it, i still keep coming back as i see my trade as repayment for all the knowledge ive gained from the ccom videos and all the time ive spent on here.
    We appreciate the views from our cousins across the water. I am very interested in stick availability you see there versus what we see. Any real difference? Is there anything there we don't have that would be of great interest to us?
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    99% Online, and 90% of that is from CCOM. My two non-CCOM orders were early in my buying experience and I've been ordering from CCOM exclusively for the past 5-6 months. I'll price check everything online at competitors, but like Xmacrox, I'll order from CCOM if the price is comparable. At the very least I'll call Andy and see what he can do. I feel CCOM runs their business honestly and the way it should be, the least I can do is give them an honest crack at my business if I'm even thinking of buying elsewhere.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    fla-gypsy:
    sol1821:
    We appreciate the views from our cousins across the water. I am very interested in stick availability you see there versus what we see. Any real difference? Is there anything there we don't have that would be of great interest to us?
    cigar shops are very few and far between, since the smoking ban you cant smoke indoors, so there are no cigar bars.
    stick availability is ***. its all Cuban.
    there are a few of the European cigar makes, like (Henri winterman, i think thats European) but they are no good at all.
    have you ever smoked a hamlet?? do you get them in the states?
    occasionally some non Cuban decent cigars pop up such as a few of the oliva series and the nubs.
    but i can only find them on one website.
    and your talking 600 American dollars for a box of Nub 466 habano
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    sol1821:
    fla-gypsy:
    sol1821:
    cigar shops are very few and far between, since the smoking ban you cant smoke indoors, so there are no cigar bars.
    stick availability is ***. its all Cuban.
    there are a few of the European cigar makes, like (Henri winterman, i think thats European) but they are no good at all.
    have you ever smoked a hamlet?? do you get them in the states?
    occasionally some non Cuban decent cigars pop up such as a few of the oliva series and the nubs.
    but i can only find them on one website.
    and your talking 600 American dollars for a box of Nub 466 habano
    That's an insane amount of money for the Nubs. It seems like the rest of the world still has this entrenched view that only Cuba makes cigars of any sort of quality. Works for me, though. If worldwide demand increases for non-Cuban cigars, that would mean either less supply (and higher prices) for me or decreased quality.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I personally purchase more than 90% from Ccom. I had a horrible experience with another online company that may or not be related to Ccom in some strange way ;) and refuse to give them another dime of my money. I like my B&M, but only for singles occassionally. There are a couple other online retailers I will use very infrequently.