Home General Discussion

How many cigars smoked/stored?

2»

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Goldy:
    I'm around 2 a month with 300-400 on hand. Lots of aged sticks at that rate!
    I'm at the point now that my oldest sticks are getting VERY close to 18 months on them. I think it might be time to dig through and find one of the Oliva V maddys I bought last July...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    When I graduated college in 2006 I bought a box of toranno silvers and I still have 30% left. probably not the best aging cigar but still good.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    I'd have to say I'm around 4 or more per month depending on the weather. ( crazy work schedule ) More often in the spring/summer months. As for the humi, its growing nicely at a steady rate. 50 naked ladies in the box and 30 due in this week.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    i get to smoke about 8 to 10 a week. I currently hold about 400.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143

Looking forward to seeing the results of this study!

On the high end, I smoke 3 a week and store about 35.

• Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    burn 7 a week and have on had about 200.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    I usually smoke one to two a day. I keep about 75 to 100 stored. About two boxes of 25 of my favs and another 25 of individuals that I want to try/sample. Just a glance at the stats it looks like people store three times what they smoke.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I love statistics! Ballpark I have around 50 cigars on hand at any given time and smoke 1-2 per week (I'd say average 6/month).
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Yea, I can rarely smoke more then two per day. If I get a real good stick and I'm like man this is so good I need another, but then I hit the nub and I hit my limit. Reg days one per day. A good day maybe two.
  • bige1371bige1371 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    I smoke one a day but on vacation now so 2 to 3 a day. So anywhere from 6-18 a week on average. I just upgraded to a 150 humi. I have about 30 in it now with 34 on the way. I am always going to the local spot and picking up deals they have in between orders.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    How jealous am I of the stock you guys keep on hand. I usually only have 15-20 on hand somtimes getting into the single digits. Smoke 2-5 per week. Not sure about winter cause I just moved somewhere with winter away from Florida where its always smoking season. I guess Ill find out in a few months.

Maybe I have to much self control as I monitor daily deals everyday and some how usually resist. Makes the misses happy.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    never know,3-6 A week give or take a couple, and i havee around 120 on hand i guess.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I normally have about 5 per week and have about 150 on hand. Maybe 175.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I've been smoking less but I try about 3 a week. I have way too many cigars, roughly probably over 1000... And the sad thing is I want more boxes...
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    5ish per month and the spreadsheet said 181 on hand.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Usually 5-6 per week and i average about 160 on hand
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    about 3 per week....have a 100ct humi with about 60 sticks on hand.....usually pick up two 5 packs per month to keep the supply in the humi anywhere from 40-60 sticks....I have yet to make my first box purchase...
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Thanks for all the responses! Keep them coming but in the meantime I'll give you a brief update. Unfortunately a full-on analysis with graphs and the rest won't be coming for a while as I'm leaving for a two month (or so) trip to Spain in just a few hours, but at least by then I'll have a bunch more data ;) So I ran some simple regressions in Excel (I know, gross! I'll use IDL for the full analysis later) to try to correlate sticks smoked per week with sticks stored. I think in reality something like an exponential or a power law should fit best, but since most of the people here store a ton of sticks even if they don't smoke often (almost certainly a huge selection bias!) it's tough to sample the low end effectively and a linear regression ends up making the most sense. I make sure the fit has a y-intercept of 0 (that is, if you smoke no cigars, the model predicts you shouldn't have any either! Seems to make sense to me - otherwise the best fit has a non-smoker storing 50 cigars at a time, haha). So I have 40 data total, so far. The best-fit linear model is 33-34 cigars stored for every one smoked per week. At that rate, people, you're going to leave a lot of well-aged sticks to the kids :P The confidence on this model is R^2=0.283 IF I remove some outliers who smoke too much for how much they store (Gypsy!) or vice versa (whether or not I remove the outliers, the best linear fit stays almost constant). I think the way to go into the future - and this is what will really benefit from more answers - is to average all the responses in each number of cigars smoked per week (that is, average the cigars stored for all the people who answered once a week, etc.). That cleans up a ton of the mess, although the basic regression is still the same. Hopefully once a lot more people have responded I'll be able to discern more from this. Right now it's just a little too noisy still. Sorry for all of this being on one line, CCOM forums can't format the post properly!