Home General Discussion

How many cigars smoked/stored?

asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
Hey guys, I just had an idea to do an, erm, pseudo-scientific study about people's smoking habits :) I've got two simple questions: 1. How many cigars, on average, do you smoke per week? 2. How many cigars, on average, are you storing at any given time? I'm curious to see how strong a correlation there is, and if there is one then it would be a good gauge for people looking to buy storage to get an idea of how many cigars they might end up needing to store (for example, I don't smoke more than a couple a week and I'd wonder what size humi that might correspond to). Once a lot of people have responded I'll update with graphs and statistical analysis and all sorts of mathy goodness ;) EDIT: Just to clarify, be as accurate and precise as you can! I'm interested in the correlation between cigar storage and cigar consumption (that is, smokin' 'em down!) so what's most relevant is at the present moment (or at some other typical summer time) how many you smoke a week and how many you store. If you give me a range, I'll take the high end of cigars smoked per week and the average of cigars stored.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    i smoke typically Daily. Right now, I have a 300 count fully packed with aroudn 150 cigars in there, and another humi with 20 in it. So I have a total of 170 or so.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I smoke prolly an average of 4/week, and have around 60 stored. I'm still a noob so I don't smoke the same thing twice very often since my mission is to try everyone ever made. ;) Hince the variety in my humi's.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Smoke sporadically so some times everyday some times twice a month... as far as my supply I think I'm down to 600ish.

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Usually 2 a day....sitting at 300+ sticks
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I have been smoking around 3-4 a week on average. Some weeks more some less but I have a 30 count full and some in tupperware. Also have a minifridge that I just started to put sticks into with my order today and that will hold around 150 or so. But on hand at the moment 45 with 30 in rout. The minifridge will fill up quickly now that I have extra room.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    normally 2-3 per week, I keep about 100 on hand. Got about 110 right now.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I usually get in 5 - 7 a week and have ~750 stored. I can say, I like/love buying probably more than smoking because I am always find myself "on the hunt" for a deal.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I smoke an average of 24 sticks a week and keep my 125 ct full by purchasing weekly
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Smoke 5 or 6 cigars weekly. Have around 100 on hand.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    if i go to an average over the year im at about 2-3 a week. reality is 1 a week in the winter and about 5 a week for a few weeks in the peak of smoking season.
    i have about 220 ish on hand now. and my over under is at -15. ( 15 away from a theoretical "full")
    im tryin to smoke down the humi.
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    1 or 2 a month, with 100 on hand.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I smoke between 2 and 4 each week, but some bad weather, busy schedule or winter cold can drop it to 1-2/week here and there. I have about 175 on hand with capacity for about 20 more. I like to always have enough room just in case a killer deal on sticks I really want comes up.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    I smoke around 4-5 a week, +/- 2.. No idea how many I've got but if I had to guess I'd say like 200ish?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I smoke around 5 a week. I have somewhere between 300-400. I'm working on bring that number down, but it can be difficult, lol.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    I smoke about 3 or 4 a week and have about 100 in my humi.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    I smoke somewhere between 0 and 3 a day, today was a three day, it is mostly 1 / day, occasionally I'll miss (too busy), weekends I tend to smoke more, so lets go with an average of 9 per week.

As far as how many I have on hand I currently have exactly 525 with another 34 destined to arrive tomorrow. The number has been increasing steadily from about 220 back in late Feb, early March, am now getting a grip on my spending habits, I'm tired of having to buy new humidors, so am putting purchases on hold till July, although might make an exception for scheduled CAO and RP events at two local B&Ms this month and of course I'll have my ccom cotm package come in late June / early July, by then I hope to have smoked my inventory down a bit.

Until July I'll have to exercise self control, I'm a sucker for a deal.

• TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
    Edited, as posting the numbers made me consious of how out of control my affliction, err I mean hobby, has become :)
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    My average is probably around 10 a week or so. At least one a day pretty much every day with plenty of 2 a dayers and occasionally more. Every now and then I have to lay off due to schedule or sickness (like now). I have no idea what the number is right now, but I'm hooked on good deals and trying new things, so I'm sure it's between 500-600 by now (with more on the way of course).
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    i average between 9-12 per week
    and have stored at given time 500+ or - a few in the humi
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    9 per week during the summer I would say, 2 per week during the winter months, which is about 1/2 the year. I keep about 200 around. Thinking about getting a cabinet to store boxes in.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    1-2 per week during summer. 1-2 per month during winter. I would say I average 50 per year. I currently have 75 on hand, but am getting in approx 10 through games and will be ordering 20 or so in the next couple weeks.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    if i go to an average over the year im at about 2-3 a week. reality is 1 a week in the winter and about 5 a week for a few weeks in the peak of smoking season.
    i have about 220 ish on hand now. and my over under is at -15. ( 15 away from a theoretical "full")
    im tryin to smoke down the humi.
    Would you like some help with that Yoda? Have you checked out the Lord of Chaos thread over in trades & passes? PM me!

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    2 - 5 per week here, with around 400 in the humi's here.

• ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I smoke 5-6 a week and have around 100 stogies split between 3 50 count humis.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Depends on the week and what I have to do and what I drive to work. 4 - 10 a week. I probably have about 1100.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Thanks y'all, this is great! So far we've got 23 data points, and the statistics are getting decent but I could definitely use a ton more data. So post away! :) I've edited the original post to say this: be as accurate and precise as you can! I'm interested in the correlation between cigar storage and cigar consumption (that is, smokin' 'em down!) so what's most relevant is at the present moment (or at some other typical summer time) how many you smoke a week and how many you store. If you give me a range, I'll take the high end of cigars smoked per week and the average of cigars stored.
  • asolomonasolomon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Also, Gypsy, do you actually only hold 125 sticks when you smoke almost 25 a week? Because you realize you're bucking every trend ever here, right? lol
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    i probably average about 7 a week and currently have about 500...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I'm usualy at about 1 or 2 a week and I have around 700 on hand...
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I'm around 2 a month with 300-400 on hand. Lots of aged sticks at that rate!