Home General Discussion

What size cigar works for you?

2»

Comments

• gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Depends on on the blend and how much time I have. Some cigars are much better in a certain size. Nothing is worse than leaving a cigar your enjoying the heck out of due to time. Or feeling unsatisfied cause you nub it, want more but dont have time for another full cigar. I enjoy all sizes.
  • jhopephullejhopephulle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    i would have to vote for a 6x50 toro. it just seemd the right length of time to sit at one time.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    It's tough for me, because I love the flavor you get with a ring size in the 40's, but I'm an impatient f*cker lol, so I usually stick to 50+, the fatter the better. As for length, 5-6.5 is my favorite because I usually smoke late at night, and it's a hard decision to make to either stay up to finish a larger cigar, and drag my butt the next day, or snuff out a smoke I love. As far as shape, I'm up for anything, but I do like the special vitola's like belicoso or perfecto's. Almost always I smoke a standard 5x50 robusto though.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    gaberox:
    Depends on on the blend and how much time I have. Some cigars are much better in a certain size. Nothing is worse than leaving a cigar your enjoying the heck out of due to time. Or feeling unsatisfied cause you nub it, want more but dont have time for another full cigar. I enjoy all sizes.
    ------------------ Exactly how I feel. But generally 50 ring gage or higher. That is why I like the nub model the feel is right but the time factor. When time is not an issue a hefty robusto.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Mostly robusto's or torpedoes. I usually dont have the time for anything too long.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    babsdpu:
    I'm a robusto guy, generally...must be my attention span. Belicoso is a nice alternative. I find myself struggling to find the time for anything larger.

+1
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    jhopephulle:
    i would have to vote for a 6x50 toro. it just seemd the right length of time to sit at one time.
    X2 PERFECT SIZE
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I'm all over the place and will smoke (and have enjoyed) any vitola, but I seem to have gravitated towards the corona lately. It fits well with time constraints and it's just a comfortable size for me. I also think that you get a little more of the wrapper in the flavor profile sometimes, which I also like.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 170
    I like Churchills. But, due to time constraints, I mostly smoke robusto.
  • AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    I mostly smoke robusto's, Torpedo's & nothing over 6" and bigger than a 50 ring gage. I have a Aurora corona...great smoke, but not enough smoke for me in the smaller ring gauges.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Typically a Torp guy, 50-56 mostly. I have picked up a few coronas lately for those days when time is a constraint.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    im a robusto type of guy but starting to move towards the torpedos. hmm thinking about it as long as its a good smoke i really dont care...
  • SgtRickSgtRick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
    Ring size around 50 works for me.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    i usually like robustos. but Toro's and torpedo's are great. i like 50+ gauge. never have time for churchill's or double coronas. did make time for a Olivia V figurado last night. i burned forever. at 6 inches and a 60 ring gauge it was huge to me.