Home General Discussion

Broken Lighters?

Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
Well after some requests from some of my loyal followers out there I will soon hopefully be doing a video. The subject will be lighter repair. If you guys have a broken lighter that you want repaired feel free to send it in and have it possible fixed in one of our Ccom videos. All lighter will be repaired unless you have a dead sparker unless I can find a replacement one which can be tuff. Just send it in to 1911 spillman dr, Bethlehem PA 18015 . Your lighters will be sent back after the video has been shot and you place your next order.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Sweet!! I bought this $1.67 BIC lighter from Wal-Mart and the damn thing stopped working. I was so pissed off I was gonna ride up there and give Wal-Mart a piece of my mind, but instead Andrew comes through in the clutch! Thanks Andrew, I'll be sending my lighter out tomorrow! :)
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Sadly I do have the Parts I can make that bic new again and refillable but I can't be held responible if the lighter were to ever blow up in your hand. Feel free to scratch your initals in the bic just so you know I did infact send back the same one.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    LoL, I was not expecting that response! lol just kidding 'bout the lighter though...I wouldn't want to waste editing time on such a POS.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I've got one of those Bugatti's, from when you guys were running all your specials on them, that doesn't seem to want to accept fuel. Tried out different sized tips and it still spits it everywhere. Worked great the first time, now it's always a mess to refill it.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    send it on in.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    So what about a freebie lighter I received, a Colibri Firebird that honestly has to be the biggest POS EVER!!!! Dang thing WILL NOT stay lit. It sparks, lights, and extinguishes. I hate that damn thing.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Krieg:
    Sweet!! I bought this $1.67 BIC lighter from Wal-Mart and the damn thing stopped working. I was so pissed off I was gonna ride up there and give Wal-Mart a piece of my mind, but instead Andrew comes through in the clutch! Thanks Andrew, I'll be sending my lighter out tomorrow! :)
    lol
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    Three cheers for Andy!

=D
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Well after some requests from some of my loyal followers out there I will soon hopefully be doing a video.

My life is now complete.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    MAJORdorMo:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I will soon hopefully be doing a video.

My life is now complete.
    Silly, he said hopefully! It will happen only if the Beard allows it. Btw, my itouch just automatically capitalized the Beard :D
    Alex Williams:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I will soon hopefully be doing a video.

My life is now complete.
    Silly, he said hopefully! It will happen only if the Beard allows it. Btw, my itouch just automatically capitalized the Beard :D

Don't worry, the beard will step aside as Andy walks infront of the camera.

That is....if he values his life.....

^_^
    cholmes8310:
    So what about a freebie lighter I received, a Colibri Firebird that honestly has to be the biggest POS EVER!!!! Dang thing WILL NOT stay lit. It sparks, lights, and extinguishes. I hate that damn thing.
    Yep I can fix that. I have yet to come across a lighter I can't fix.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I got 4 Colibri lighters. One still works but the flame has gotten fat and short (kind alike me). It's not as sharp anymore. One, the click button broke (took less than a week to break). One looks like a zippo. It leaks fuel and won't stay filled. My last one is a dual flame and is really nice but if it lights, it doesn't stay lit and one of the flames sputters and has been doing it since day one. They all have that lifetime replacement that the new colibri is honoring I just haven't sent them in.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I have a Xikar that craped out three times. Sent it in to Xikar twice. And every time I got it back it would work for maybe 2 cigars then crap out again. Can it be fixed?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    txjayhawk:
    I have a Xikar that craped out three times. Sent it in to Xikar twice. And every time I got it back it would work for maybe 2 cigars then crap out again. Can it be fixed?
    With the Xikar, just return it, tell them they've tried to fix it twice, and ask them to replace it. I've replaced mine once - I walked into the B&M I bought it at, told them it broke, they handed me a new one. That easy.
    Yep I can fix all of those Expect maybe for the one with the broken button. If it doesn't click the sparking mechanism has died and I don't have replacements. Rich The colbri with the short fat flame take a can of computer duster or compressed air and blow out the area around the burner you have dust buildup or lint in there.
    So Andy, mind telling us how you became CCOM's lighter-repair guy?

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    I've got a ccom lighter on my floor somewhere, its battered to *** from being in my pocket with my keys but it was sweet when it was working.
    the bit you press to get the flame popped off, and when you press what is left of the button thinggee you have to hold it in for a second before fully clicking it in and pulling back the cover er thinggee at the same time. (you can see how good my lighter terminology is:p)
    if you could fix this you would be God** as i would have said it was far beyond repair.

**although still the Beards biatch.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I have one for you also, it will be on the way.
    Some customer of mind had an engraved lighter that he needed fixed and didn't know where to take it so he sent it in to me. After that everyone in the office who had a lighter issue came to me. I can fix just about anything. When I was younger I was very destructive as I would take apart anything I could get the screws out of Telephone, Alarm clock, Tv, Computers, dehumidifier and well anything I could because I wanted to see how it all worked. Most of them I was able to put back together but somethings didn't make it. When I got my first motorcycle I didn't have the class for my license for 2 months so I decided to get a clemers manuel and rebuilt the engine on it.
    sol1821:
    I've got a ccom lighter on my floor somewhere, its battered to *** from being in my pocket with my keys but it was sweet when it was working.
    the bit you press to get the flame popped off, and when you press what is left of the button thinggee you have to hold it in for a second before fully clicking it in and pulling back the cover er thinggee at the same time. (you can see how good my lighter terminology is:p)
    if you could fix this you would be God** as i would have said it was far beyond repair.

**although still the Beards biatch.
    Send me a picture of the lighter and I will assess the damage and let you know. adzikoski@cigar.com
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    cholmes8310:
    txjayhawk:
    With the Xikar, just return it, tell them they've tried to fix it twice, and ask them to replace it. I've replaced mine once - I walked into the B&M I bought it at, told them it broke, they handed me a new one. That easy.
    Id like to but I got it when I was living in Lawrence KS...back down in Houston now...Ive more or less moved on though Bugatti B-1 and a cheapo 3 torch for my 55+ ring gages...oh ya and I forgot about my perdomo vector table top...no loss with the xikar i guess it is just me being a stubborn a$$.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    ok, is this a broken lighter or typical - Every torch I've ever owned - Lotus, Xikar, etc, never lights on the first click. I always need to click my torches twice to get them lit (after that, they stay lit just fine)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Here's a nice way to sell a lighter!!! (this is a dupont one...)

• Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    phobicsquirrel:

What lighter?
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Okay, I've got a couple lighters that won't light. What's odd, though, is that if I light one of the cheapies I have and then click one of these two near the flame, they will each burn. They both spark but won't light.

One of them is a 3-flame jobbie and the other is one of those that are bent about 90 degrees and I really prefer this style - no burnt thumbs.

I'm open to suggestions, guys. If Xikar had a 90 degree model I'd go for it but I haven't seen one yet.

Marty

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I have many lighters and *Knock on Wood* None of them have ever gone down!!!

BUT, this will be an awesome video to check out!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Oh am I pumped!! My wife is out of town on business and my kids are at grandpa and grandma's house so I decided to take my three torches that barely work anymore and try to save them. The first one took me almost and hour to try and figure out what I needed to do. The second took about 15 minutes and the third took my about 5 minutes. Now they work better than the day I got them. One was a fairly expensive one and the other two were just cheap ones that I take to the golf course and on trips.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:

Threaten to take my man card away all you will, but boobs are a dime a dozen... S.T. Dupont lighters are fewer and further between. I think I'd take the Dupont over the lady.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    jlmarta:
    Okay, I've got a couple lighters that won't light. What's odd, though, is that if I light one of the cheapies I have and then click one of these two near the flame, they will each burn. They both spark but won't light.

One of them is a 3-flame jobbie and the other is one of those that are bent about 90 degrees and I really prefer this style - no burnt thumbs.

I'm open to suggestions, guys. If Xikar had a 90 degree model I'd go for it but I haven't seen one yet.

Marty

Marty, I just recently revived my torch which was having issues (as I'm sure the SE Herfers remember as I think I borrowed everyone's lighter atl east once). Turns out in my attempt to get a softer flam I turned the fuel level down to low. It would make a quick flame when I first clicked it, but it went out in VERY quickly. It must have been starving for fuel since turning up the valve has thusfar fixed the issue. I also did a full purge beforehand which didn't do anything until I adjusted the valve.

If you've got spark and clean fuel, try moving the valve around to test out different amounts of gas flow. You could have too much or too little.