Home General Discussion

Cigar Pet Peeves

2»

Comments

• gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Ever have a stick for the first time, try a retrohale to see what that gives you... and have it figuratively burn your eyeballs out of your head? I hate that!

• coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    brotheradam:
    Going into a B&M that looks down on you because you're not a regular. A great reason to buy from Ccom !

Yeah, that is like every B&M I have been in so far,lol. I have even been in one several times now and probably purchased $100 worth from them, they still look at me weird,lol. And I agree, more the reason to just purchase from Ccom andgive them our business!
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    I hate it when I'm outside smoking a cigar at a hotel/bar and strangers (usually drunk) come up and want to chat. I hate that in general, but it bothers me even more when I'm trying to have a stogie.

It's my me time, get out of it!
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    doromath:
    I hate it when I'm outside smoking a cigar at a hotel/bar and strangers (usually drunk) come up and want to chat. I hate that in general, but it bothers me even more when I'm trying to have a stogie.

It's my me time, get out of it!
    + 1!!!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Another one, I hate when the label tears apart because the moron who put on the glue put way too much, especially when it's a kick ass label like opus X!
    Even worse: a server at a bar crumpled up my Padron 80th Year Anniversary wrapper, and my friends God of Fire wrapper. It was the night after my daughter was born and I was smoking with my wife's brother. I gave her this look like she just ran over a baby kitty.
    Ok, the wrapper part really sucks and that would piss me off too...but the kitty comment seriously cracked me up
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    gdsim1:
    Ever have a stick for the first time, try a retrohale to see what that gives you... and have it figuratively burn your eyeballs out of your head? I hate that!

I'm not sure if I fully understand this.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    This kinda makes me mad... I have a buddy that I smoke with once per week...We have been smoking together for over a year now, and he refuses to attempt to develop a flavor palate....he still has his mind made up that all cigars taste the same.... So I cant even let him enjoy a Man O War with me cuz he thinks the Bahia Blu and Ruination taste the same!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    ThinBluLine06:
    This kinda makes me mad... I have a buddy that I smoke with once per week...We have been smoking together for over a year now, and he refuses to attempt to develop a flavor palate....he still has his mind made up that all cigars taste the same.... So I cant even let him enjoy a Man O War with me cuz he thinks the Bahia Blu and Ruination taste the same!
    That;s like saying a Swisher tastes the same as Padron 64, WTF!?
  • BFGarnerBFGarner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 96
    brotheradam:
    Going into a B&M that looks down on you because you're not a regular. A great reason to buy from Ccom !
    for real. One store in my area is horriible with this. The other is amazing and will help you find the perfect cigar, even if you have no clue what you want.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Krieg:
    ThinBluLine06:
    Sounds like Krieg found his newest pet peeve.
  • BFGarnerBFGarner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 96
    My biggest pet peeve is when someone who doesnt enjoy cigars, asks if they can have one. This always happens when I don't have any bad cigars with me. I remember my wedding rehearsal dinner I got a box of RP Connecticuts. Figured I'd share. Needless to say, by the end of the night there were about 15 cigars that were drooled on, chewed up, smoked 10% and left to burn out, put in a beer bottle, stomped on or whatever else....
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Krieg:
    ThinBluLine06:
    Cheap date.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    BFGarner:
    My biggest pet peeve is when someone who doesnt enjoy cigars, asks if they can have one. This always happens when I don't have any bad cigars with me. I remember my wedding rehearsal dinner I got a box of RP Connecticuts. Figured I'd share. Needless to say, by the end of the night there were about 15 cigars that were drooled on, chewed up, smoked 10% and left to burn out, put in a beer bottle, stomped on or whatever else....
    I feel your pain. I love trying to get people hooked on cigars, but I just hate when I try and start them on a decent stick and they smoke for 5 minutes and stop. Even if I gave them a $2 5 Vegas Gold, I want them to enjoy it!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    sightunseen:
    gdsim1:

I understand and likewise hate it

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Fourtotheflush:
    sightunseen:
    gdsim1:

I understand and likewise hate it

This is why I only give out Swishers!
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    Not having anyone to enjoy a CIGAR with. Plenty of homies smoke, none cigars.

Yea the wrapper issue.

Tightly wrapped cigars that don't allow you to get that good draw.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    TatuajeVI:
    BFGarner:
    I feel your pain. I love trying to get people hooked on cigars, but I just hate when I try and start them on a decent stick and they smoke for 5 minutes and stop. Even if I gave them a $2 5 Vegas Gold, I want them to enjoy it!
    This is probably my biggest peeve. I have one friend who also really enjoys cigars, and they rest of them don't really care for cigars but sometimes want one. I have to damn them to a cheapo or waste a good one on them... 'bout a week ago I gave a friend a purple label house blend and he literally took about 3 draws of it and stamped it out saying he wasn't impressed. /sigh
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    TatuajeVI:
    BFGarner:
    This is probably my biggest peeve. I have one friend who also really enjoys cigars, and they rest of them don't really care for cigars but sometimes want one. I have to damn them to a cheapo or waste a good one on them... 'bout a week ago I gave a friend a purple label house blend and he literally took about 3 draws of it and stamped it out saying he wasn't impressed. /sigh
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    GadwinDuil:
    TatuajeVI:
    BFGarner:
    Yup, been there, been pissed off by that too! Then there's: "Oh come on, I want one of the good ones!" quickly followed by: "Ooh, this sucks how can you stand it?" Stomp, stomp, there goes a perfectly good smoke. My other thing is people who DO love cigars, MY cigars, they never seem to BUY cigars. Oh well, that's why I like seeing what y'all have to say, it's nice to hear from people who appreciate my hobby.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Krieg:
    Here's my list:

1. Having to relight my cigar over 3 or 4 minutes.
    2. Waiting for a long time to smoke a certain cigar, when you finally do it, it tastes like crap.
    3. The looks my wife used to give me when I decided to go out and smoke a cigar.
    4. Getting over charged on cigars at the Cigar Bar.
    5. People I don't know always wanting to use my cutter and lighter.
    6. People who chew their cigars.
    7. People who deep throat their cigars before they smoke them.
    +1 EXCEPT #7 it is totally ok to watch the opposite sex ingage in this activity
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    The wrapper issues obviously annoy me. Outside of that, I'd say my biggest pet peeve are cigar "smokers". The ones who will sit there all day and brag about how many expensive sticks they have, and try to 'school' everyone on how much they know. Meanwhile, the guys like myself are sitting to the side shoveling sh**. It takes about five seconds to realize they know nothing, and are just arrogant douchebags. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about here. Oh, and people who go on about Cubans. I'm sick of hearing about Cuban cigars. It's the worst thing about being a cigar smoker.