Home General Discussion

Cigar Pet Peeves

sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
I was responding to another post and it gave me an idea for this one. Not sure if this has been done or not, but what are you guys' cigar pet peeves? Here are some of mine:

Feeling rushed when I smoke
Wrapper tearing when I remove the band
People grouping cigars and cigarettes together
Ash falling on me
Wind

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Wrappers that unravel without cause.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    When you smoke the first third, enjoy the *** out of the cigar, and then it develops a plug.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I hate cigars that are packed too tight.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    People who smoke cigars. I hate them....Na just kidding I just hate the ones who try and tell me a Swisher Sweet, or a black and mild are cigars. And I don't really hate them. I just feel sorry that they live dull, prepack, wrapper made out of pulp, filler crap off the floor lives.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    rossdavey2:
    People who smoke cigars. I hate them....Na just kidding I just hate the ones who try and tell me a Swisher Sweet, or a black and mild are cigars. And I don't really hate them. I just feel sorry that they live dull, prepack, wrapper made out of pulp, filler crap off the floor lives.
    Darn it! I was about to review a Swisher Sweet :(... I hate wind and honestly if cigars could come with "no ash" feature I'd love that HAHAAHA - they could just disappear in nice white smoke.... I also hate one cigar store owner nearby me. But some of you already know that story ;)!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    sightunseen:
    Feeling rushed when I smoke
    Wrapper tearing when I remove the band
    Ash falling on me
    Wind
    +1! I haven't experienced the other you mentioned but I agree with these. I haven't really experienced issues with my cigars besides a few wrapper tears. Then again I am still a newb..lol
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    feeling rushed when smoking, people telling me how bad smoking is for me, wind, rain out of nowhere, globs of glue on the band, tunneling, etc.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Burn hot from the start and too tight are a couple things that drive me nuts.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Going into a B&M that looks down on you because you're not a regular. A great reason to buy from Ccom !
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    brotheradam:
    Going into a B&M that looks down on you because you're not a regular. A great reason to buy from Ccom !
    +1 cant stand that
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    illinoisgolf99:
    brotheradam:
    +1 cant stand that
    +2

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Idk what it is but I can make a cigar go out like magic.... it's a skill.
    And I hate that
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I hate the audacity of cigarette smokers telling me that my cigar stinks. And the hot, plugged, wrapper unwrapping bit also.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Another one, I hate when the label tears apart because the moron who put on the glue put way too much, especially when it's a kick ass label like opus X!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    stephen_hannibal:
    And I hate that
    we share the same skill, and I hate it too.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Luko:
    stephen_hannibal:
    And I hate that
    we share the same skill, and I hate it too.
    me three! I wish I knew why that was. my cigars probably hate me cause I keep moving them around. The worst part is that its always at that point 1/2 an inch before the band where I have to play the "is it really worth re-lighting this?" game. usually it isn't :(
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    illinoisgolf99:
    brotheradam:
    +1 cant stand that
    +2

+3! I have only been in a few but all but one acted like why are you in here. Def won't be going back to those.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Smoking while reading a book, and the wind blows the page over, hitting my ash and getting it all over the place
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    bandyt09:
    I hate the audacity of cigarette smokers telling me that my cigar stinks.

THIIISSSSSSSSSS, it irks me to no EEENNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. A really tough, tight draw pisses me off too.

Also when people tell me that my cigar smoking is a habit and not a regular leisurely enjoyment. After all, you don't see people calling wine connoisseurs alcoholics.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    xmacro:
    Smoking while reading a book, and the wind blows the page over, hitting my ash and getting it all over the place
    this has been happening to me all the time as of late. i hate that
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    Another one, I hate when the label tears apart because the moron who put on the glue put way too much, especially when it's a kick ass label like opus X!
    Even worse: a server at a bar crumpled up my Padron 80th Year Anniversary wrapper, and my friends God of Fire wrapper. It was the night after my daughter was born and I was smoking with my wife's brother. I gave her this look like she just ran over a baby kitty.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Anti-smoking legislation of any kind. I don't care if it's taxes, smoking bans, federal, state, or local. I think it is all just another case of the government legislating morality and violating the rights of people and business owners.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    Anti-smoking legislation of any kind. I don't care if it's taxes, smoking bans, federal, state, or local. I think it is all just another case of the government legislating morality and violating the rights of people and business owners.
    +1 billion. Pretty much any legislation drives me to the brink of insanity. Leave me alone, you incompetent fools.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Even worse: a server at a bar crumpled up my Padron 80th Year Anniversary wrapper, and my friends God of Fire wrapper. It was the night after my daughter was born and I was smoking with my wife's brother. I gave her this look like she just ran over a baby kitty.

This happened to me and I made the bartender get in the trash and find it ! I hate the horrid taste a cigar gives off if it has not rested long enough !
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Too tight draw, especially when it's a great tasting stick - totally ruins it.
    Also hate when people ask what I "get" out of smoking a cigar. Newsflash dumb-dumb, it's a hobby, I get relaxation...

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    stephen_hannibal:
    illinoisgolf99:
    brotheradam:
    +1 cant stand that
    +2

+3 Total BS. I also hate people who equate cigars to "status"....really....come on....
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Here's my list:

1. Having to relight my cigar over 3 or 4 minutes.
    2. Waiting for a long time to smoke a certain cigar, when you finally do it, it tastes like crap.
    3. The looks my wife used to give me when I decided to go out and smoke a cigar.
    4. Getting over charged on cigars at the Cigar Bar.
    5. People I don't know always wanting to use my cutter and lighter.
    6. People who chew their cigars.
    7. People who deep throat their cigars before they smoke them.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    kuzi16:
    xmacro:
    this has been happening to me all the time as of late. i hate that
    I. Hate. That. Sh1t. I totally forgot to list that one.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Not having enough time to enjoy cigars more often.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    Not having anybody to smoke a cigar with! My friends smoke cigarettes and don't know how to appreciate a REAL smoke.