• skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    RyJ 1875 from Todd
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    AB family Blend Vr1 for me tonight
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    y2pascoe:
    jj20030:
    la riqueza from y2pascoe
    A fine choice. I'm trying a La Aurora Corojo I got at Cigarfest.
    yup, a great smoke, had one once before, nice flavors
    y2pascoe:
    jj20030:
    la riqueza from y2pascoe
    A fine choice. I'm trying a La Aurora Corojo I got at Cigarfest.
    yup, a great smoke, had one once before, nice flavors , thanks
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    nubbed my last Diesel shorty. Those lil *** keep getting better and better. Time to reup
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Ortega serie D,,so far very nice
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Direwolf:
    nubbed my last Diesel shorty. Those lil *** keep getting better and better. Time to reup

I had my first one the other day and fell in love they are the bomb.....
  • Jaydabomb88Jaydabomb88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 46
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #1 maddy. Mighty tasty! Got it at The Tabacco Leaf in Stockton, beautiful shop.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Direwolf:
    agreed, i might have to dig my last one out for tonight!
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Just lit up an El Triunfador original, been box aging since 11/09. This is a truly fantastic cigar imo.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    ended up pulling out an AJ Fresh-Rolled, tore the cap off trying to punch it by the light of a dying fire, but it is still smoking great
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Ended up smokeing two tonight Had a gold madruo taythegibs sent me to try out after i inquired about them. I like the regular 5v gold better though. Had a consistent flavor all the way through but go a little harsh on the finish ( I might have smoked it a little fast) and had some burn issues.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Started off with a Ramon Bueso ROTT it was great, it really reminds me of a LP, this is going to age really well. I followed up with a Bahia Icon ROTT a decent smoke.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    2007 DPG Blue Lancero
    Diplo #2
    Illusione Ultra Corona
    H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon
    The Kid:
    H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon
    Strike One!! Chucked it,, no patience for a poor drawing cigar,,,
    Onto a H. Upmann Maduro Toro,, lets see if this one fares any better
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Emilio af2 bbmf vitola I believe.image
    going with a tatuaje reserva sw tonight
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    My doc gave me th ok so here's what I chose. Nuff said but thanks Roberto99.image
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    This has to be the most loosely packed cigar I've ever smoked....and I'm less than impressed with it's taste. Ehh probably won't be getting more of these anytime soon.

jgibv:
    This has to be the most loosely packed cigar I've ever smoked....and I'm less than impressed with it's taste. Ehh probably won't be getting more of these anytime soon.

i liked the sumatra , that has a different wrapper than i seen>> http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=885
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    CCom sun grown label robusto
    jj20030:
    As probably like many of us, I cant keep up with every edition smoke that is released,, That is why I asked JJ what the SW stood for.. He forwarded a link and I thought it was pretty cool so just passin it on for any others who may have been thinking the same.
    http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=9379
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    As probably like many of us, I cant keep up with every edition smoke that is released,, That is why I asked JJ what the SW stood for.. He forwarded a link and I thought it was pretty cool so just passin it on for any others who may have been thinking the same.
    http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=9379
    i wish i could get ahold of one of those maduros , id be honored to smoked one if i ever get the chance!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jj20030:
    i liked the sumatra , that has a different wrapper than i seen>> http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=885
    Thanks for the info, JJ....I usually like Sumatras but this was nothing like anything I've had before (and not in a good way).
    I picked this up on a whim at the B&M and am thinking maybe it's a couple years old. Looks like this is the old wrapper? ---- http://mattscigar.com/2009/05/28/ambos-mundos-by-tatuaje/
    jgibv:
    jj20030:
    Thanks for the info, JJ....I usually like Sumatras but this was nothing like anything I've had before (and not in a good way).
    I picked this up on a whim at the B&M and am thinking maybe it's a couple years old. Looks like this is the old wrapper? ---- http://mattscigar.com/2009/05/28/ambos-mundos-by-tatuaje/
    the write up says the creme colored band is a habano? >>

I smoked the Habano wrapped version with the creme colored band first. Both of the samples I tried were Robustos. The Habano is a Nicaraguan Puro. I have to say, I found this cigar to be nearly unsmokable. It was sour and bitter and very unpleasant. I did my best to try and smoke the whole thing but a little more than halfway through I had to give up on it. This is the first cigar I have tried that is made by Pepin Garcia that I thought was a bad cigar. I find it hard to believe that anything about this smoke is at all related to the Tatuajes I love so much. Maybe it really does need to be aged some but I am not sure how much help that would be to this cigar. To truly age it in any meaningful way means you need to set them down for at least a year, closer to two years probably. Anything less isn’t aging, it is merely acclimation to your humidor. Plus, like I said, who wants to age a $5 economy smoke. The humidor real estate is too valuable and better used aging a box of quality top shelf cigars. As it is today, I have to give this cigar an F.

Next up is the Sumatran which sports the dark red band. Wow what a difference a wrapper can make on a cigar. This was a much better experience. Still not what I would call a good smoke, at least this one was enjoyable enough to smoke the entire cigar. I could see the potential for this one to become a fairly decent smoke if it were allowed to age. It had a spicy bite with an earthy core complimented by notes of cedar and flashes of coffee. There were still occasional hits of sour flavors but it was not nearly as harsh and bitter as the Habano. Because of the potential I can see for this cigar to get at least a little better I can rate this version of the Ambos Mundos as a C.

i rember the sumatra i smoked well and liked it and ordered 5 more
  • oilburneroilburner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 91
    601 blue maduro. Was expecting it to be too spicy, but its been a very good smoke.