Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    nothin' tonight or today ...maybe tommorow
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a Camacho Corojo Ltd 8/22 last night. This SoB was strong. It was harsh for the first 5 minutes but then settled down so I could at least taste something else other than strong tobacco. It did go out a few times and had some burn issues later on. I had to drop it around 2 1/2 inches because everyone I was with left and I didn't want to hang by myself plus I drive my car which I have stated before that I don't smoke in. I was sad to see it go. I'll have to try it again sometime.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    Had a Camacho Corojo Ltd 8/22 last night. This SoB was strong.
    thats why i like em.

if you liked that try the Diploma and the Diploma maduro.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I'll have to try them. I was bad this month so I have no more budget.
  • EaglemanEagleman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    I tried my cigar.com Red Label sampler tonight and I must say I enjoyed it! I will order more Red Label no question.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Right now I'm sitting here trying to decide what to smoke tonight... I have an Oliva Serie V Maduro that is soooo tempting but I only have one and they are so rare I really don't want to burn it up yet. I haven't had it that long either. May go with an Onyx or Sol Cubano though! Either one of those would be a great 2nd choice!
    Had another R&J Reserve Maduro today at work ...everything else I had on hand at work seemed a little overhumidified in my travel humi -that thing is airtight and I believe with the humi pack in there it was a little much ...The R&J was awsome as always though ...
    On another note has anyone ever tried the Cusano Killer Cameroons ? I have only seen these one place and they look interesting but I have not heard anything about them ...any of you guys ever smoked them ?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    gmill880:
    Had another R&J Reserve Maduro today at work ...everything else I had on hand at work seemed a little overhumidified in my travel humi -that thing is airtight and I believe with the humi pack in there it was a little much ...The R&J was awsome as always though ...
    On another note has anyone ever tried the Cusano Killer Cameroons ? I have only seen these one place and they look interesting but I have not heard anything about them ...any of you guys ever smoked them ?
    Is it actually called "Killer Cameroon"? That's pretty interesting if so, I have never heard of it.

Went out and had a 777 Robusto earlier, this one was just as good as the first one I had, razor-shap burn, excellent flavor. I damn near burned my fingers on it, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    Is it actually called "Killer Cameroon"? That's pretty interesting if so, I have never heard of it.

Went out and had a 777 Robusto earlier, this one was just as good as the first one I had, razor-shap burn, excellent flavor. I damn near burned my fingers on it, lol.

Yeah Tony it actually has the words Killer Cameroon on it ...very interesting looking ...I think i'll pick up one to just try and see what its all about ...
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:

Yeah Tony it actually has the words Killer Cameroon on it ...very interesting looking ...I think i'll pick up one to just try and see what its all about ...
    Did you find them in a shop or online? I've never heard of those before. The only Cusano Cameroon I've seen is the "Rare." Does sound interesting though! lol Damn marketing execs!!!
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:

Did you find them in a shop or online? I've never heard of those before. The only Cusano Cameroon I've seen is the "Rare." Does sound interesting though! lol Damn marketing execs!!!

Its in a shop ...the same one I found the very old Cusano Hermanos vintage in ...just googled it and it sounds good ...1996 African Cameroon wrapper , dominican filler and binder , sounds very intriquing ...
    Just finished a RP OWR Maduro 2nd I got from Joe in a trade. Damn fine smoke, the only thing I saw wrong with it was the cap was on a little crooked, didn't effect the smoke at all. Thanks again for the trade Joe, I appreciate it.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    PuroFreak:
    Right now I'm sitting here trying to decide what to smoke tonight... I have an Oliva Serie V Maduro that is soooo tempting but I only have one and they are so rare I really don't want to burn it up yet. I haven't had it that long either. May go with an Onyx or Sol Cubano though! Either one of those would be a great 2nd choice!

He he! You just decided my smoke, while I was reading your post. It's going to be a Series V, but not a maduro... Sounded perfect - I have some figurados here at the bottom of my humi... thanks for the Tip Puro!
    Tumbler:
    PuroFreak:

He he! You just decided my smoke, while I was reading your post. It's going to be a Series V, but not a maduro... Sounded perfect - I have some figurados here at the bottom of my humi... thanks for the Tip Puro!
    Anytime! lol Thats what I'm here for. If I can't make up my own twisted mind maybe I can at least help someone else make up theirs!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    I puffed on a Perdomo Habano Maduro...I'm really warming up to these Perdomos. Great smoke, got some chestnut/walnut flavors. Tight draw but good flavor and put together well. The Patriarch is still my fave.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    damn, that was what I was going add to my last order... forgot all about them maduros. Andy, did you like the maduro more than the conni or habano?
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:

Its in a shop ...the same one I found the very old Cusano Hermanos vintage in ...just googled it and it sounds good ...1996 African Cameroon wrapper , dominican filler and binder , sounds very intriquing ...

Also seems they have been discontinued for several years !?!? A 1996 Vintage African Cameroon wrapper ...I did pick one up a corona tonight on the way home ...I start a 3 day weekend tommorow ...woohoo ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:

Also seems they have been discontinued for several years !?!? A 1996 Vintage African Cameroon wrapper ...I did pick one up a corona tonight on the way home ...I start a 3 day weekend tommorow ...woohoo ...
    Might be time to work another trade, eh Gene? :) Let us know how it is.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I'm thinking on a A. Fuente Hemingway with about 13 months on it... I bought this guy on URBI's recommendation and it's time to do it justice!!! (read the Girlfriend is out of town so I can enjoy this one!!!)
    I had a Xikar Defiance toro this afternoon, very nice cigar. Later was a RP OSG robusto, it was good for the first half, then it just kinda faded out. Not bad though.
    Decided to give the Relics I got in a while ago another shot. They have 2 and a half months on them now, and either it shows well or I got an uncommonly good stick. This is the first one I had that had a perfect draw and a very decent burn. It has been a while since I smoked one, but I swear this one had better flavor too. I really hope all the rest of them are as good as this one was.
  • ilikebigbutts-cigarbuttsilikebigbutts-cigarbutts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    Just fired up a 5 vegas cask strength II and wow only 1/4 inch in and its fantastic. Like smoking a pepper steak and mushroom dinner. Prelight it smelled earthy like mushrooms and then took a taste and was hit with a strong but nice pepper. Only bout inch into it now and pepper died down but still meaty, very good stick so for.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Lit up a Padilla Obsidian. Taste: Delightful! Burn: Hideous! I thought i had this one for longer than i did. I smoked 2 with a year on them and both had very stable burns. After that was a Punch Second. I wee tiny wrapper issue, but for a second it was a great smoke. Kinda forgot how much i like an occasional punch.
    Last night was an Onyx Churchill that was amazing! I still love this cigar! The draw was a hair on the tight side, but the burn was great and it had a TON of flavor. This was the first one I've had in the Churchill size and I'm glad I picked up this 10 pack! I can't wait to try them with about 6+ months on them. The Mini-beli's and robusto's I've had changed a lot with about 6 months on the.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    This morning I was stumbling for a morning smoke, grabbed a gurkha royal brigade. This cigars isn't too bad and it's not a long smoke. I smoked most of it in about 1hr, though after the first ash, half way, it started to get a little ashy. I was driving and all but seemed a bit weird.
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:

Might be time to work another trade, eh Gene? :) Let us know how it is.
    Will do Joe ...getting ready to head to the hot tub with it now ...will let you know ..
    Jetmech_63:
    but for a second it was a great smoke.
    Ok, right there I thought you were talking second as a measure of time..."for a second it was good"...and I'm wondering: What happened after the good second? Duh...:s
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I just had a Camacho PE with a bit of age on it, which significantly improved it, really built up to be a fantastic smoke. I lit the foot of it, since it's a shaggy; is that the correct thing to do? It sort of hampered the draw for a little. Great smoke though.
    Had a Nicarao with about three months of age on it, damn fine smoke. I wish these were cheaper than they are, but I'll probably still pick up a 5er every now and then.
    betasynn:
    I just had a Camacho PE with a bit of age on it, which significantly improved it, really built up to be a fantastic smoke. I lit the foot of it, since it's a shaggy; is that the correct thing to do? It sort of hampered the draw for a little. Great smoke though.
    When I smoke a PE, I just toast the foot like normal and it burns away the unwrapped portion, then I light it like I do any other cigar, haven't had trouble lighting one yet. How much time did you have on it btw? If you can put 6+ months on one, you'll be greatly rewarded.