Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Well ended being no smoke or driving range for me last night. Ended up having a sh&tty night. Long story short, I threw away my wife's wallet which had her debit card, our cedit card, her DL, and around $200 cash. It was in a Wal Mart sack that looked like trash and I took it out with the rest of the garbage yesterday morning before work. By yesterday afternoon the trash had run and it was gone... I am hoping to be able to smoke tonight and have a few drinks.
    Sorry to hear that, hope things work out.

had a punch champion last night that Maddy sent me. Very nice smoke, full body. Not exactly the flavor profile I enjoy most, but a good smoke nonetheless.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    PuroFreak:
    Well ended being no smoke or driving range for me last night. Ended up having a sh&tty night. Long story short, I threw away my wife's wallet which had her debit card, our cedit card, her DL, and around $200 cash. It was in a Wal Mart sack that looked like trash and I took it out with the rest of the garbage yesterday morning before work. By yesterday afternoon the trash had run and it was gone... I am hoping to be able to smoke tonight and have a few drinks.
    That sucks! Sorry to hear that. If you're ever in Abilene, shoot me a PM and we'll play a round of hit a bucket or just smoke. All driving ranges here are smoking (at least the ones I'm aware of).
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    cabinetmaker:
    PuroFreak:
    That sucks! Sorry to hear that. If you're ever in Abilene, shoot me a PM and we'll play a round of hit a bucket or just smoke. All driving ranges here are smoking (at least the ones I'm aware of).
    Sounds good man, and same goes to you. If you are ever in the Dallas area shoot me a pm. I'm usually down for a good smoke and some golf.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:

Isn't it gonna be hard to smoke or drink with her hands wrapped tightly around your throat !?!? LOL-sorry to hear that man ...its such a hassel to get new cards and all ...
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    Just finished an A Fernandez Signature compliments of cabinetmaker. A very good smoke with a meaty peppery taste that I thoroughly enjoyed ...thanks Greg ...helped me relax a bit at work as its been a he_ll of a day ...
    Glad you liked it, great construction on those babies. I'm about to order 4 or 5 boxes of them in the next month or so (gotta fill up that big humidor, lol). I'll be glad to send some your way.

Thanks for the offer man but a smokin buddy up here and I have alraedy pulled the trigger on a box split. Thanks a ton for turning me onto these though they are delicious and I can see why your picking up several boxes !!!
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Isn't it gonna be hard to smoke or drink with her hands wrapped tightly around your throat !?!? LOL-sorry to hear that man ...its such a hassel to get new cards and all ...
    Haha No sh*t! I felt like an idiot after I found out what happened. The cash was bad, but what upset her the most was that she carried our first family picture in her wallet of us with our son at Christmas last year. That upset her really bad.
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Haha No sh*t! I felt like an idiot after I found out what happened. The cash was bad, but what upset her the most was that she carried our first family picture in her wallet of us with our son at Christmas last year. That upset her really bad.

OMG I'm sure that mule-lipped the chit outta her. Can maybe the place you got those developed still have negatives on file ...just a thought...sorry about that man ...
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

OMG I'm sure that mule-lipped the chit outta her. Can maybe the place you got those developed still have negatives on file ...just a thought...sorry about that man ...
    I'm going to give her the one out of my wallet and just print me another copy from the computer to carry. I scanned all the pics when we got the from the studio so I can replace mine since I tosses hers. lol
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    Did you like it more than the regular? I had a gurkha platinum tonight with some xo henessay. For some reason I can smell the cognac more than taste it.
    I haven't had the regular one yet. Have some on their way though. I have a few more platinums at home. Maybe it is time to break one out. Have a couple of the Corniche and royal reserves left too.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I just had a DPG Cuban Classic, definitely one of my top 3 smokes, maybe even my favorite. Big thanks to bass who turned me onto these sticks VIA the mystery cigar game. Although the one he sent me was better, I'm thinking it had a little age on it. Still, fantastic post-lunch cigar. Probably going to smoke the nub habano tonight.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Not sure if I can get on the board tonight so I might as well post now. I think it is going to be a Rocky Patel Fusion kind of night. It has been a little cool here in Ohio, almost like perfect football weather, so a warm peppery finish will be perfect tonight. Big fan of the Fusions.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Did you like it more than the regular? I had a gurkha platinum tonight with some xo henessay. For some reason I can smell the cognac more than taste it.
    I haven't had the regular one yet. Have some on their way though. I have a few more platinums at home. Maybe it is time to break one out. Have a couple of the Corniche and royal reserves left too.
    I'll have to try the double, I thought the regular was okay but way too pricey.
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I'll have to try the double, I thought the regular was okay but way too pricey.
    The double actually lasted longer than I thought it would. I don't know exactly how much time but my guess is at least 1 1/2 hours.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Right now after a day of work and being able to get out while the sun was still shining I have a Nestor Reserve Maduro... Now I bought a bundle of these about 11 months ago and this thing wouldn't draw for the life of me, I mean I tried to smoke 2 and gave away about 3 and they all just were dog rockets... now after 11 months they have opened up and I can officially burn one thoroughly...

Not a bad smoke, pretty decent for the $2 I paid for it but so far for the first inch it's just not that entertaining, good thing I'm doing other stuff and not worrying about this one
    Lasabar:
    Right now after a day of work and being able to get out while the sun was still shining I have a Nestor Reserve Maduro... Now I bought a bundle of these about 11 months ago and this thing wouldn't draw for the life of me, I mean I tried to smoke 2 and gave away about 3 and they all just were dog rockets... now after 11 months they have opened up and I can officially burn one thoroughly...

Not a bad smoke, pretty decent for the $2 I paid for it but so far for the first inch it's just not that entertaining, good thing I'm doing other stuff and not worrying about this one
    Ummmm... this was... uh... mmmmmmmaybe... consistent??? Not much in the flavor department and not much spices... The draw was good and the cigar burned okay...

But alas, I went from not being able to draw from it, to being able to draw and not totally enjoying the cigar... meh
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    God of Fire Robusto by Don Carlos. So far it's been 2 that sucked, and one that rocked. Let's see if I can tie it up, lol.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    had a tremendous day enjoying cigars. First up was a Camacho Select Robusto, a first for me. This was a nice smoke. Was interesting cameroon wrapped cigar. Not exactly what I expected. The cameroon wrapper was pretty dark. I had a bit of pepper to begin then the sweetness came in to pair with a nice earthiness. I didn't nub it, but it was a nice smoke. Definitely a camacho, strong body and all.

The next smoke came after work. A San Cristobal Supremo (6 X 50) that had been sitting for several months. It started out somewhat pleasant. A mild pepper and definite coffee sweetness. Toward the end this things got pretty oily and was magnificent. I was burnin' my fingers finishing this one up.

Finally, I'm finishing the evening with a Padron 26 no. 9 natural. A fantastic smoke as always. Complex to say the least with cocoa and coffee sweetness to it. These things just keep getting smoother and more refined.
    Just smoked an Ashton ESG Robusto that I got today. This cigar was good but it reminded me of something that I have had before that was much cheaper. I can't put my finger on it at the moment. It had the same issue the last one had. It started to canoe almost imediately but after a correction or two it fixed itself. The thing lasted almost two hours.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Started the afternoon with an Oliva Connecticut Reserve toro, I really like the torpedo and might like the toro a bit more, though the draw was a bit tighter than I like. Later was part of a Gurkha Centurion, it had a huge tear in the wrapper from the label before I even removed it, it spiraled out of control shortly thereafter and I chucked it, was good up to that point though. Finally, after a good dinner, I settled down with a Camacho Triple Maduro robusto, the box has been resting in the cooler for quite a few months now, I'm thinking about 8 maybe, and it shows in the cigar, was still a powerhouse though...damn tasty smoke, great way to end the night.
    Had a Graycliff Red Label last night which was a decent smoke, but nothing impressive. It didn't have very much flavor, no spice, and burned really fast. Felt like a loose roll. I prefer the 1666 over this one, but Graycliff is just over priced. There are a ton of smokes out there that are a lot better that cost about half as much as the Graycliffs.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I had an Oliva CT Reserve Toro Last night. Overall great smoke.

1st inch had a hint of pepper after that it smoothed out nicely.
    I smoked it for 1.5 hours down to the band.
    When I tried to remove the band a bunch of the wrapper was glued to the band and came off/apart.
    This cigar was so good I wasnt going to stop.
    As soon as I got to the spot where the wrapper peeled off (about 40% of the binder was exposed) the cigar turned totally bitter.
    This completely supports the claim that the wrapper is a high % of the flavor.
    After about two or three puffs with the exposed binder, I put the cigar down as the flavor profile totally changed.

Overall great smoke, but very dissapointing as I think I had about another 1/2 hour of smoke time I lost out on. All this due to a hasty banding process where the bander used a little too much pectin!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had a RP Summer 08 earlier today and it was excellent. I just got them in yesterday, so I was kinda worried about not letting it sit too long, but it burned perfect and had an excellent flavor. I am really glad I jumped on the daily deal on these and picked up ten.
    alienmisprint:
    Had a RP Summer 08 earlier today and it was excellent. I just got them in yesterday, so I was kinda worried about not letting it sit too long, but it burned perfect and had an excellent flavor. I am really glad I jumped on the daily deal on these and picked up ten.
    I've had the summer blend and I thought it was great! It and the Winter blend were both great. The Spring 09 blend is just a step below them but still damn good, then the fall blend is bottom of the barrel. At least thats how they rate with me.
    I had a MOW Ruination belicoso this afternoon, good but I like the robusto #1 more. Later on was a Viaje Oro toro, a very nice cigar, think I need to get some more of these guys.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    What am I smoking tonight??? I have no freaking clue! It's a non-labeled "locally rolled" smoke I got in a bomb a while back. There's good news and bad news about it...

The good news is, it's an excellently contructed cigar... It's flawless... The thing is seriously PACKED and extremely slow burning, yet the draw is awesome even with my preferred V-cut... Whomever rolled it certainly took some case and effort and it truely shows...

The bad news is... It tastes pretty bad.. I'm guessing whatever shop it came from couldn't get their hands on any decent leaf... Or if they could, whoever blended it .... couldn't... or maybe shouldn't... ;) Either way it's certainly disappointing in that area...

Oddly, I'm still enjoying it... Perhaps it's because the construction is just so superb... Perhaps it's because it's just so incrediably nice out here this evening... (or morning now I suppose)

Regardless, I've got a smile on my face and that's all that matters....
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    Joe!!!! What's up man? Been so long since I've been on here I wasn't even sure any of the old 'folk were still around!!! Seemed like every name I saw on any of the posts was one i didn't recognize! ;)
    Good to see ya around Greg, I was wondering if you were ever going to pop back in. Yeah, there are a lot of new e-faces around the forums these days and some of our more prolific posters have been MIA for a spell. Of course I have no life, so this is pretty much a second home. :)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just got finished with a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Vinnie sent me a month or two ago, and I have to say I agree with him 100%, this is one of the most full bodied, full flavored cigars I have had. Excellent stick in every possible way, from construction to flavor to burn to strength. Just an awesome stick all around, thank you Vinnie!
  • naughtnaught Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    Counterfit Cuban, Churchill.
    Welcome back old friend!!! Oh, and I'm not smoking anything tonight... I sooooo want to after this 12 hour work day... but I can't pull myself to smoke anything, the MGD lights are calling though!