Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    I'm smoking a Hemingway right now. I had forgotten how good these were. Everything about this thing is perfect right now. Next to the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, this is the best cigar I've had in a few days.
    Oh man the Hemmingway is awesome! So is the Sol Cubano Cuban Cab! These are two of my all time favorites!
    The Cuban Cab moved up my list pretty fast. I was wanting to try it, and got lucky with the toro sampler ccom had last a couple of weeks ago. That was really the main reason I bought it. I'm glad I did, because it was really good. I'm looking to pick up quite a few more here soon. I really need to keep some Hemingways in stock too. I've been so busy trying new sticks, but I'm pretty much set on what I like now.
    I'm going to have a smoke or two tonight just not sure what I'll have yet. I won't probably have time to smoke more than one because I gotta get to bed so I can be back up for work at 3am tomorrow, but I am damn sure gonna have a cigar tonight!

3 fricken' a.m. ....you know all self-respecting criminals are in the bed at that hour Puro ...YOUR SNEAKING OUT FOR A DAMN SMOKE !!!
    Crime never sleeps my friend, and thats why we are here... Ok, now that I got that cheesy line out there... haha
    Last night I was actually able to make it a 2 smoke night, but it meant I was up until 11:00pm. Thats late for me on a work night! The smokes were great however.
    I started with a RP Vintage 92 Toro that as always was awesome! Great flavor and perfect burn. Next was a Nording Tordedo. This is only the 3rd Nording I've had and I have to say these are an impressive smoke! I wish Ccom carried them because they are one I would look into purchasing in the future. My smoking buddy bought a box at our local B&M last week and I'm freakin jelous! lol
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Yesterday was a two smoke day for me. Started last evening with a H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon (thanks Jozer) in the Torpedo size. This was a decent smoke. Wasn't as full bodied as I had hoped, but a very pleasant cameroon wrapped cigar. Had nice sweetness past the halfway point.

Followed that up last night with a Padron Serie 26 no 35 (nat). This little brick burn magnificently and was pretty full bodied. Great spice to it at first then opened up to more sweeter tones. Another great stick from the Padron Anniversary lines.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Managed to burn through a NUB Habano and a Camacho Triple Maduro in the past couple of days, neither of which lived up to my expectations. I'll give the Camacho the benefit of the doubt though, the RH in my humi has been creeping up day by day. Just ordered some 65% beads though so all will be well for my whopping 5 remaining cigars. Had my first Hemingway last night in the Best Seller size, that one definitely lived up to the hype!
  • MojoRisinMojoRisin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6

I didn't have much time last night, so I smoked a CAO Criollo Pato. Not the best I've ever had, but not bad considering it was gifted to me by the owner of my local B&M. It seem to have a fairly strong peppery finish to it. I also had a glass of port to accompany it.

• Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Dude Love, only 5 cigars left? I say it's time you fill that humi back up, nothing in the world is sadder than an empty humi.
    Yea, I'll probably head to the B&M after my birthday next month and grab a few sticks, other than that though the humi is going to be pretty empty until I can find a job. Crossing my fingers for the new Wal*Mart that's opening up about 15 miles away.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had an Oliva MB3 earlier this morning, what a great smoke. The taste had some almost fruity notes to it at times, and was smooth throughout. Damn good cigar, I can't wait to try the MB2 I got in from jozer today.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I had a cao gold this morning and loved the aroma, even after it was done and I was at work, I didn't have the tobacco smell clasped to my clothes, just the sweet aroma. I have to say I wasn't as impressed with the cigar. It wasn't horrible but just not as good as say the 5 vegas gold or the gurkha turk.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet N0.1- 6.5 x 44-
    These are very limited so a little hard to find but definitly worth it if you come across some. A very creamy smoke with good amounts of what is almost a cross between pepper and spicey and a nutty flavor comes thru as well at diff points.. Although you don't really taste the sweetness in the cigar itself it leaves a nice sweetness in the back and the smoke has a sorta sweetness to it. Although called full bodied to me its more medium full . A very enjoyable hour spent on a warm breezy Carolina night.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome to the converted Gene buddy. That's one of my favorite cigars.
    j0z3r:

The No.1 is the only size I've had Joe , have you had the other 2 sizes and which is your favorite ? The No.1 was great but I would like to know how the others stack up.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    started a 5 Vegas classic torpedo. I got about 1/3 into it then a thunderstorm arrived and brought with it quarter sized hail. I'm going to have to check the vehicles for damage tomorrow when its daylight.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Relaxed from the week with a nice Padilla Obsidian. It needed a couple of touch-ups but nothing too bad and really great flavor. Not sure if I want to get in on the weekend blitz and own 20 of these but definitely it was a very good smoke.
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:

The No.1 is the only size I've had Joe , have you had the other 2 sizes and which is your favorite ? The No.1 was great but I would like to know how the others stack up.
    I've only had the #1. From what I've heard, it is the best of them though, so it's not a bad one to have at all. I just wish they were a little more available.
    Just finished a Punch Rare Corojo...grassy, bleh. Not much else.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Dude Love:
    Yea, I'll probably head to the B&M after my birthday next month and grab a few sticks, other than that though the humi is going to be pretty empty until I can find a job. Crossing my fingers for the new Wal*Mart that's opening up about 15 miles away.
    A new Wal*Mart opened by my house last week.. 275 jobs were filled.. 3500 people applied.. Good Luck to you Brother Love..
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    Happy early birthday Dude, my humi is too full yours too empty, actually was wondering how to get rid of some sticks so, PM me your addy and both our problems will be sovled.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    mustluvcigars:
    Happy early birthday Dude, my humi is too full yours too empty, actually was wondering how to get rid of some sticks so, PM me your addy and both our problems will be sovled.

Wow - love your love for a BOTL. Let me add to the birthday bash... I think I have a handle on your flavor profile Dude - it kind of resembles mine... :} Get in on the mystery stick game and I will get you out the mystery sticks as well as few to pass on or keep...

I had an Ashton VSG after work and am smoking a Padilla '32 at the moment. Those are two wonderful sticks... :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    happy b day dudelove.. mine is tuesday! lol. I had a gurkha rare breed 8incher, wow that was a big one! not bad, smooth and sort of creamy/woody. got a little boring though as the favor profile stayed the same.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    See Joe... We talk about these beauties, and they get harder to find.. I too am a big fan of this great stick..
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    tonight i had a no name cuban i got in florida, no bands, triple cap so i am going to assume the thing was real. Doesnt matter the cigar was AMAZING great flavors very strong cocoa hints i wish i bought more. The only thing i can assume is that the guy got them into the states by switching off bands and then taking off the fake band once they were here. anyone else agree that might be what happened? i heard its pretty common
    Then again, it might have just been made in Florida by a Cuban. Lot's of that going on in Miami.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Had a Padilla 68 tonight. I really enjoyed it. Great draw, and smelled wonderful.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Had an Oliva Serie G Maduro in a box pressed robusto, very good, had a nice sweet finish and a light leathery flavor through the nose. The draw was pretty good, not too loose, not too tight and the burn was good, needed a few corrective lights because I wasn't paying attention. Not too complex, but very good considering the price.
  • BigginBiggin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    Lots of people having birthdays.  Crazy.  Mine is today!

I got to smoke two cigars today (er, yesterday now...I guess).  I had an Oliva Serie O Cameroon and the Oliva Serie O Maduro.  The Cameroon was fantastic all the way around.  Couldn't quite wrap my head around the Maduro.  I'm beginning to think I'm a bigger weak stick than I thought.

Now, if I could only figure out what the perfect birthday smoke is and get my hands on one.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had an Avo Domaine earlier, it was just okay. Nothing really special, I'd smoke another one if it was offered, but I wouldn't buy one.
    Happy B-Day to alls yousa guys capische ...
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday I started off nice and slow with a la aurora barrel aged. It had a bit of a construction issue, but it tasted fantastic, really a perfect draw. Later, I smoked the Oliva G someone sent me, and let me tell you, I'll be getting more of these! Fantastic smoke with a lose draw.
    mustluvcigars:

Wow...thanks man! PM sent!
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    I just finished up a Man O'War Ruination. I'm not a big fan of the regular MOW's but I'm definatly a fan of the Ruination.

CK