Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• AVJimAVJim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    Rail Jockey:
    AVJim:
    Rail Jockey:
    going to Casa De Monticriesto to watch the Hawks kill the Wild tonight.....going straight Liga tonight....has the potential to be a great night. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    We'll see.... I think the Hawk's luck is runing out!
    Want to put a fiver on it?

Glad I didn't see this until this morning!!!! Well..... it's the best out of seven........ eternal optimist.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    From last night...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    601 Green Oscuro tronco
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    musicman3:
    Those GOF are real tasty with a bit of a kick!! Enjoy
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Bigshizza:
    musicman3:
    Those GOF are real tasty with a bit of a kick!! Enjoy

+1. the strength snuck up on me at the end.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Regius Robusto. Full review in my Cigar Journal. photo CC2009-2_zps7ea56df6.jpg
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    This was last weekend with Pops and Grandpa, but dug into one of the boxes of BBF's I ordered (September 2012 dated) and shared with them so we could all smoke some. First CC Grandpa had ever smoked and with him getting up there in years and recently diagnosed with Ahlzeimers I wanted him to join us and have something memorable, didn't let him down and was a magic time for all three of us :) Here's a pic of the three generations...

After that I finished off the evening with a Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto that I snagged from Pops humi (only brought the three BBF's with me lol) and paired it with a Kahlua and Cream. Was pleasantly surprised just how brilliantly those two complimented ands irked with each other. image

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Great pic Brett, how were they fresh?
    catfishbluezz:
    Thanks Dustin! They were sublime, rnearly as good as I remember them aged, just a little but stronger and not quite as perfectly in married as they are with 1+ year on them.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Thanks Dustin! They were sublime, rnearly as good as I remember them aged, just a little but stronger and not quite as perfectly in married as they are with 1+ year on them.
    Those are my fav right now.
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah I just grabbed a few more this week off a buddy, oct12. I've been very impressed with these as of late.
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Truth br told it is my all time No. 1 cigar, been measuring every cigar I've ever had since I smoked this for the first time over a year and a half ago. Great cigar, the mark of what a Fantatsic cigar experience is IMHO.
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    yeah I just grabbed a few more this week off a buddy, oct12. I've been very impressed with these as of late.
    Yeah, the other box of these that I bought (dress box not SLB like the other) was dated July 2012. I'm leaving those sealed up and resting whole for a few years and just let em age :)
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Look yummy guys. Wished I had acess to a few of em.
    But I don't think they will ever taste as good as they looked in those picts with his pops !
    Something to be relished and remembered. Lost my pop last year to the same thing.
    Brought up a lot of fine memories!
    curtpick:
    But I don't think they will ever taste as good as they looked in those picts with his pops !
    Something to be relished and remembered. Lost my pop last year to the same thing.
    Im really sorry for your loss brother,but I'm glad it was able to return a few cherished memories for you as well my friend :)
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    Im really sorry for your loss brother,but I'm glad it was able to return a few cherished memories for you as well my friend :)
    It's all good bro ! Thanks !
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Having a Gurkha Seduction. It's a good smoke very smooth and to me a mild smoke. Good smoke output, easy draw. Kinda funky burn but not to crazy. No real flavors popping out on me. I like it but not for the 8.50$ I paid for it.image
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    Yeah, the other box of these that I bought (dress box not SLB like the other) was dated July 2012. I'm leaving those sealed up and resting whole for a few years and just let em age :)
    ill buy an aging box soon, they are too good. I have a couple boxes of their coronas as well. Basically, if I can score 5-10 here and there of a cigar I put off the box buy and buy something else. I'm building my aging stash this year and will be done soon. The BBF and PC are some of the best ROTT production period.
    I started the day with an 05 Upmann, then moved on to a mar11 Vegas Robaina that was still a bit young, and am finishing up with a 15 month Johny O dark factory toro. This all came after judging a Rib smoking contest today. 13 types of ribs, and the guy that won was a rookie who used an Emeril smoker in only an hour! Two bites per rib, then the tally, then I gorged this....and can still taste the ribs image
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    catfishbluezz:
    I started the day with an 05 Upmann, then moved on to a mar11 Vegas Robaina that was still a bit young, and am finishing up with a 15 month Johny O dark factory toro. This all came after judging a Rib smoking contest today. 13 types of ribs, and the guy that won was a rookie who used an Emeril smoker in only an hour! Two bites per rib, then the tally, then I gorged this....and can still taste the ribs image
    yum!
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a Ramon Bueso the project, part of the original release from last year, age has definitely mellowed the harshness from last year
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    danielzreyes:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    I picked up a box with just about a year on them and they're amazing. Between smoking and bombing I think I only have about 6 left. Need to pick up more and put them down for a while. Brett, you gotta try the upmann I sent. Quite the epiphany man. EDIT: btw- so good to see you on here Brett!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    So last night was a good time, got to herf with Steve aka Stepas and Rob aka robertgreen at twins in NH ...... Really nice place with a really nice staff and selection. Steve introduced us to one of his smoking buds Jake who was cool. Anyway I started the evening out with San Cristobal Elegancia and finished the night with a Tres Reynes torpedo. Really a good night.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Rain:
    One of my all time favorites. Seems we have similar taste.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Yep, I love em too!