Home General Discussion

Cigar Ash Hall Of Fame....

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
If you have any "ash" pics that you feel are worthy of the Ash Hall Of Fame, please post....If you need help with posting a pic let me know I will help....I am at work right now but will be working on one tonight to post!

Comments

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I had a cigar about a week ago with about 5 inches of ash on it...just when I was getting ready to take a pic it fell off. But I do have JZ as a witness!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    No pic, but I've had a Fuente Chateau Fuente that had an ash all the way down to the nub. The stick was 4.5 inches long so I had about a 3.5 inch ash.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Come on guys snap those pics!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Gurkha Regent Perfecto
    dennisking:
    Gurkha Regent Perfecto
    looks like a bit of a burn issue on that one
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    My first 5 Vegas Gold which was a GOOD one.... strange cigars
    long ash
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I thought this was awesome - smoked this Tatuaje and ashed three times, they were all about the same size and the nub at the end was nearly the same size.

Nub stand:

And this is what happens when you set up the perfect Nub stand and accidentally hit the table with your knee. Nub stand fail!

TatuajeVI:
    I thought this was awesome - smoked this Tatuaje and ashed three times, they were all about the same size and the nub at the end was nearly the same size.

Nub stand:

And this is what happens when you set up the perfect Nub stand and accidentally hit the table with your knee. Nub stand fail!

Cool pics!
    Redtailhawkoz:
    long ash
    Nice ash, how much longer did it hang on? Love the 5 Vegas Golds!
    Diamondog:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    long ash
    Nice ash, how much longer did it hang on? Love the 5 Vegas Golds!

actually damn near to the Band.... then i tryed to take the band off so it wouldnt burn and it fell offf when i tryed picking the band offf they are heavily Glued bands! LOL thansk it was a Nice Ash!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    Gurkha Regent Perfecto
    looks like a bit of a burn issue on that one
    yeah, it needed to be dryboxed before smoking.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Here are a couple shots of a 5 Vegas Miami. I took more but got bored with doing it every little while. What's interesting to me is that the ash is holding a lot of weight up there of the unburnt portion. image

Good stuff....keep them coming! I will get one up tonight
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    somewhere in the deep recesses of the forum i have a few nub stand pics. ill look later.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Here is one I had from last year. We were burning a unit, and since it was a sunny day I brought along a stogie. The tricky part was, since I was on the holding crew, hiking down the fireline while somehow maintaining my ash! I took a 5 Vegas Robusto down to the band :D. The ash fell off right after the picture was taken. ;)

Time to see if the pic works :P

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Smoke=Fire:
    Here is one I had from last year. We were burning a unit, and since it was a sunny day I brought along a stogie. The tricky part was, since I was on the holding crew, hiking down the fireline while somehow maintaining my ash! I took a 5 Vegas Robusto down to the band :D. The ash fell off right after the picture was taken. ;)

You need to send that pic into Cigar Aficionado magazine. They would put that in for sure.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    WOW! Nice on that Vegas Robusto!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Definitely belongs in the Ash Hall of Fame!
    Smoke=Fire:

Nicely done!
    Smoke=Fire:

nicely Done ... a Firman with a Ash like that working a Fire Line ! LOL Dont come to California and do that! Unless you are the Governator....... they are going to stop smoking everywhere but in a closet like crackheads here in no time!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Smoke=Fire:

nicely Done ... a Firman with a Ash like that working a Fire Line ! LOL Dont come to California and do that! Unless you are the Governator....... they are going to stop smoking everywhere but in a closet like crackheads here in no time!
    LOL...I actually spent 3 years on the Los Padres NF out of Ojai. I remember a very nice B&M in Ventura, run by a guy named Vic, though I think it shut down; no surprise given the tobacco Nazi's that run things there now. And now that I am in Montana, I plan on staying here ;) I like my four seasons, unlike California, which just has three...

Last summer, this summer, and next summer :P
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Pm incoming smoke=fire.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Smoke=Fire:

I love that picture!:-)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    You win the Photo of the Day Smoke-Fire. It may be time to change your Avatar.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Here is one of my nicer ashes ..... its a JDN Classico

Photobucket">
    Ash fell off just after the pic....

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    that ash is doin a kinda funky belly dancer thing
    Smoke=Fire:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Smoke=Fire:

LOL...I actually spent 3 years on the Los Padres NF out of Ojai. I remember a very nice B&M in Ventura, run by a guy named Vic, though I think it shut down; no surprise given the tobacco Nazi's that run things there now. And now that I am in Montana, I plan on staying here ;) I like my four seasons, unlike California, which just has three...

Last summer, this summer, and next summer :P

Your not kidding there! Love Montana myself I just moved here from Ohio where they have 2 seasons, Winter and Summer Falls in there somewhere but its short lived.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    My modest ash....... smoking a La Gloria Cubana Sumatra......

• Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Here's my pic from the herf today of the Punch Rare Corojo I was smoking. I got another half inch after this was taken but then it fell off as I was going for my phone to take another pic. Photobucket