Home General Discussion

News From Nicaragua

Comments

• minibeezyminibeezy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 257
    Alex Svenson:
    I am in Miami on my way down to Nicaragua where I am going to be for the next week or so. I will be meeting with someone who has a reality TV show on one of the cable networks on Tuesday in Esteli. He is a big fan of one of the brands (you see him plowing throug a cigar or two on his show) and I am working with him to make him his own size in the line and it will also be for sale at Cigar.com later this summer. Once I post pics of us at the factory I will spoil who it is and what cigar brand it is. Until then I am going to leave you guys guessing. I will give you this hint, my big 6'5" 295lb frame is going to make us look like quite the odd couple.

Apologies in advance, but in my warped mind, my first though would be a midget (err, sorry, small person).

My wife works for an animal shelter and loves all shows on Animal Planet. Having rescued a pit bull before, she especially enjoys Pit Boss, which, for those of you who don't know, is about a group of 'small people', who run a Pit Bull rescue group. So my guess is Shorty Rossi. I think I've seen him smoke a cigar on the show...

Can I keep my man card?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:
    I am in Miami on my way down to Nicaragua where I am going to be for the next week or so. I will be meeting with someone who has a reality TV show on one of the cable networks on Tuesday in Esteli. He is a big fan of one of the brands (you see him plowing throug a cigar or two on his show) and I am working with him to make him his own size in the line and it will also be for sale at Cigar.com later this summer. Once I post pics of us at the factory I will spoil who it is and what cigar brand it is. Until then I am going to leave you guys guessing. I will give you this hint, my big 6'5" 295lb frame is going to make us look like quite the odd couple.

Apologies in advance, but in my warped mind, my first though would be a midget (err, sorry, small person).

My wife works for an animal shelter and loves all shows on Animal Planet. Having rescued a pit bull before, she especially enjoys Pit Boss, which, for those of you who don't know, is about a group of 'small people', who run a Pit Bull rescue group. So my guess is Shorty Rossi. I think I've seen him smoke a cigar on the show...

Can I keep my man card?
    It's a show about pitbulls...yes, man card intact.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Hays:
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:

Can I keep my man card?

and midgets! throw in some monkeys and you get two mancards!
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hays:
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:

Can I keep my man card?

Hmm, I might write in and suggest that. If I could pull that off, I could trade one of them to Dennis for some good sticks.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    minibeezy:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hays:
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:

Can I keep my man card?

Hmm, I might write in and suggest that. If I could pull that off, I could trade one of them to Dennis for some good sticks.
    just cuz my man-card is on probationary status doesn't mean I need another one. I'm enough man for two man cards Surprise [:O]
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    dennisking:
    minibeezy:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hays:
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:

Can I keep my man card?

just cuz my man-card is on probationary status doesn't mean I need another one. I'm enough man for two man cards Surprise [:O]
    Hey Dennis... if it helps...I'll vouch for you. ROFLMAO
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    I second Shorty from Pit Boss. Free Ruinations to the first 3 pit boss guy guesses I'm told!
    24footjet:
    I second Shorty from Pit Boss. Free Ruinations to the first 3 pit boss guy guesses I'm told!
    Jet... I'm confused. Can you explain this a little?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    24footjet:
    I've never seen that show but I think I did actually see the guy smoke a cigar when I was surfing so, I would guess Pit Boss guy as well (I wonder if he is Nicaraguan).
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Indeed you guys are correct. Sorty Rossi will be down here tomorrow night and all day tuesday. He even updated his blog http://twitter.com/shortyrossi

Sorry I did not post to you guys sooner. Just got to Esteli. Spent the day yesterday in this little unknown spot in Nicaragua by the boarder of Costa Rica called Salina. Amazing spot that most people have never heard of. Nice beach and apparently fairly famous with the surfing community. Views were great. Got a pit of a stomach bug last night and woke up this morning craving good old American food. Wouldnt you know it, on the drive to esteli I drove past a Papa Johns Pizza in the middle of a small town called Massiah. It was like my prayers were answered.

Back to Shorty Rossi, pretty interesting guy. We spoke on the phone a few times and he knows his way around cigars. Was telling me how much he liked Diesel and one thing led to another and now we are making his own "Shorty Ltd" size which is coming down to help out with. He has an interesting story and sort of a rough past but now is giving back big time with his Pitbull Rescue and makes a nice living as a talent agent for little people in Hollywood. I started watching the show and it is pretty entertaining. I mean little people and pitbulls in one show.... you have to think that is a winning combination. It is like the guy who put wings, beer and boobs together to create Hooters resturant. Sometimes people have ideas that are just no brainers.

I will post up some pics when he comes down.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Here is what he posted on Twitter. . .

Pit Boss @ShortyRossi & Juan are going to Nicaragua for the Ltd Edition Shorty Cigar by Diesel, thanks to Cigar International.

Cigar International? We keep being told there is a limited relationship so either that is not true and he is advertising for the wrong company. What gives?
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    I was just hoping Laker:) ..... There has to be a prize to the first 3 right?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    undulac:
    Hrre is what he posted on Twitter. . .

Pit Boss @ShortyRossi & Juan are going to Nicaragua for the Ltd Edition Shorty Cigar by Diesel, thanks to Cigar International.

Cigar International? We keep being told there is a limited relationship so either that is not true and he is advertising for the wrong company. What gives?
    Cigars International owns the warehouse we ship from. I am very involved in the blending and work that gets done on all the products that are purchased exclusively for those companies that use cigars international for their fulfillment. You may or may not be aware, but there are probably 6 other companies that fulfill their orders from the CI warehouse besides Cigar.com (although we are the biggest). These other companies also carry lines like Man O War, Diesel and they are imported by Cigars International. Cigars International is the largest warehouse that I know of in the US. So yes, Shorty is correct in thanking both of us. The Diesel brand is made for CI and is available at Cigar.com and all other companies who use CI for fulfillment. I am usually the point person on these brands and that is the reason I am down here with Shorty. Don't worry, there is no conspiracy and I am not 100% sure why people care so much or why it matters what Cigar.com's relationship is with CI. We have our own staff of folks for customer service, sales, order packing and a variety of other things and we operate independently.
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:

Cigars International owns the warehouse we ship from. I am very involved in the blending and work that gets done on all the products that are purchased exclusively for those companies that use cigars international for their fulfillment. You may or may not be aware, but there are probably 6 other companies that fulfill their orders from the CI warehouse besides Cigar.com (although we are the biggest). These other companies also carry lines like Man O War, Diesel and they are imported by Cigars International. Cigars International is the largest warehouse that I know of in the US. So yes, Shorty is correct in thanking both of us. The Diesel brand is made for CI and is available at Cigar.com and all other companies who use CI for fulfillment. I am usually the point person on these brands and that is the reason I am down here with Shorty. Don't worry, there is no conspiracy and I am not 100% sure why people care so much or why it matters what Cigar.com's relationship is with CI. We have our own staff of folks for customer service, sales, order packing and a variety of other things and we operate independently.

Alex, I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't show in my post. I've been around a little while and know the background. Anyway, while you're down there, I wouldn't mind an autograph from my favorite blender, a Mister AJ Fernandez. I keed, I keed. Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you get back.
    24footjet:
    I was just hoping Laker:) ..... There has to be a prize to the first 3 right?
    LOL
    undulac:
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:

No sweat, and I did get the sarcasm, just frustrated with some of the other forums and wanted to make my point here. I usually follow a lot of the other forums out on the WWW but I try to avoid posting. Trust me it is hard. As a rule I try to only post here. Alex, I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't show in my post. I've been around a little while and know the background. Anyway, while you're down there, I wouldn't mind an autograph from my favorite blender, a Mister AJ Fernandez. I keed, I keed. Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you get back.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:

No sweat, and I did get the sarcasm, just frustrated with some of the other forums and wanted to make my point here. I usually follow a lot of the other forums out on the WWW but I try to avoid posting. Trust me it is hard. As a rule I try to only post here. Alex, I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't show in my post. I've been around a little while and know the background. Anyway, while you're down there, I wouldn't mind an autograph from my favorite blender, a Mister AJ Fernandez. I keed, I keed. Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you get back.
    Alex, remember the "buddy system" while in Esteli. Safe trip, buddy.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    undulac:
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:

Alex, I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't show in my post. I've been around a little while and know the background. Anyway, while you're down there, I wouldn't mind an autograph from my favorite blender, a Mister AJ Fernandez. I keed, I keed. Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you get back.
    Dude, I would kill for AJ's autograph!! Think how cool it would be to get him to autograph a box of his signature series!
    Alex Williams:
    undulac:
    Alex Svenson:
    undulac:

AJ, comes to the states to visit me in June and my Fathers Day catalog features a nice interview of him. If you want I can have him sign and personalize it for you and I will mail it out for you. Any interest in something like that? Let me know. Alex, I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't show in my post. I've been around a little while and know the background. Anyway, while you're down there, I wouldn't mind an autograph from my favorite blender, a Mister AJ Fernandez. I keed, I keed. Have a safe trip and tell us all about it when you get back.
    Dude, I would kill for AJ's autograph!! Think how cool it would be to get him to autograph a box of his signature series!
    Count me in Alex. During the past few months, I have pretty much only been purchasing his sticks (other than a single here and there from the local B&M). Also, I'm sure I'm not the best customer here but don't go by my history. I have to put my orders through a friend so my wife doesn't see how much my "hobby" cost. HAHA! You're married so you know what I'm talking about. Actually, if I could get his hat that he always wears, that would be great too. Wrestle him for it, I think you can take him.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Wow alex that is AWESOME! Please count me in on that one! I personally haven't come across a stick of his that I haven't liked so I'm a big fan!
    Alex, thanks for being very accessible in these forums and for the cool hookups that you offer. have fun with shorty and have fun making the new stick. I'm hoping for a 6x60 Diesel or even a 4x60 Diesel. Tell Sr. Fernandez how much we appreciate all the hard work and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Tomorrow I am ordering his new sampler with the Virtue and I am sure I will be singing even more of his praises.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    dennisking:
    Alex, thanks for being very accessible in these forums and for the cool hookups that you offer. have fun with shorty and have fun making the new stick. I'm hoping for a 6x60 Diesel or even a 4x60 Diesel. Tell Sr. Fernandez how much we appreciate all the hard work and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Tomorrow I am ordering his new sampler with the Virtue and I am sure I will be singing even more of his praises.
    +1 on that, We love the work that AJ Fernandez is doing with tobacco. He is a genius. I have my order in for the new sampler, looking forward to trying the new MOW Virtue and revisiting all of the tasty sticks he puts together.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    dennisking:
    Yes!!!! I would to try that.

dennisking:
    Actually, I wasnt going to say anything, but the size Shorty and I are working on is a 4.5 x 60 in the Diesel line. He still as to smoke it and check it out but that is the going size so your prayers have been answered.
    undulac:
    Count me in Alex. During the past few months, I have pretty much only been purchasing his sticks (other than a single here and there from the local B&M). Also, I'm sure I'm not the best customer here but don't go by my history. I have to put my orders through a friend so my wife doesn't see how much my "hobby" cost. HAHA! You're married so you know what I'm talking about. Actually, if I could get his hat that he always wears, that would be great too. Wrestle him for it, I think you can take him.
    LOL... yes I am married. You can fill in the blank on these frequently spoken statements at the svenson household

"If you bring home one more gun Im gonna.....________"
    "If you bring home any more cigars Im conna.... ________"

You get the idea.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    Actually, I wasnt going to say anything, but the size Shorty and I are working on is a 4.5 x 60 in the Diesel line. He still as to smoke it and check it out but that is the going size so your prayers have been answered.

Thats what I am talking about! Sounds awesome ! Be careful and come back a winner! Thanks for keeping us In on all this stuff while your on the road!

hard to Post from BFE with a Papa Johns!
    dennisking:
    minibeezy:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Hays:
    minibeezy:
    Alex Svenson:

Can I keep my man card?

LOL, just messin with you.

24, I like the way you think. :P
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    Very cool, I think that stick is going to be a great one. So is it going to be called the "Diesel Pit Boss"
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Alex, The Diesel is one of my favorites and the one cigar that made me break my rule of storing cigars in my humidor for at least 6 to 8 weeks before I smoke it. I cheated and smoked the Diesel right out the ccom box when I got it.

The 4.5 x 60 would be a great addition. I'm looking forward to it and also to possibly meeting you at Cigar Fest.