Home General Discussion

New here, saying hello.

turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
I visit the site often and browse the forums for some reviews but never posted. I've been a cigar smoker for years but recently expanded my choices and experimented more. I've come to enjoy cigar discussions with other enthusiasts I come across. Thanks, Tony

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Welcome to the forums Tony! It's quite the awesome little group we have here, and I look forward to seeing your contributions.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Welcome to the forums, Tony. As a fee for joining, I will expect 5 OpusX Lost City in my mailbox by Friday, thank you!
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    welcome Tony! Nothing but great guys here! I'm pretty new but these guys treat me like I've been here for ever!!
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Welcome . . . now scram and don't come back until you bring Tat's Opus X's
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome aboard. It's true that you've got to send Tat the 5 Lost City OpusX, but as a standing tradition they have to first be sent to me so I can inspect them and make sure they're up to a certain standard. Big Smile [:D]
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    No lie, forum initiation... you have to do it.
    Welcome.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome to the forums, Tony. As a fee for joining, I will expect 5 OpusX Lost City in my mailbox by Friday, thank you!
    ROTFLMAO...... Good one Tat.. Welcome Tony , I figure you already expected some razin if you have been reading the posts. Hang on and enjoy the ride.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Redtailhawkoz:
    TatuajeVI:
    ROTFLMAO...... Good one Tat.. Welcome Tony , I figure you already expected some razin if you have been reading the posts. Hang on and enjoy the ride.
    Razin? This is standard procedure for all new comers. Speaking of which, oz, did you send me your 5 OpusX Power Rangers when you joined? Hmm, I don't believe you did. I'll PM you my address so you can get me those by Friday, thanks!
    stephen_hannibal:
    Welcome.
    See? Pretty standard stuff going on here.

Except joz3r. His post is stated incorrectly. I send him the WRAPPERS for him to inspect after I smoke them. That way he can insure they were not fake.
    Phil, I've been here so long I basically wrote the rule on initiation bombs, ok? I think I know how it works by now. Smile [:)]
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Welcome from Colorado Tony. BTW, these guys are serious.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    TatuajeVI:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    TatuajeVI:
    Razin? This is standard procedure for all new comers. Speaking of which, oz, did you send me your 5 OpusX Power Rangers when you joined? Hmm, I don't believe you did. I'll PM you my address so you can get me those by Friday, thanks!
    stephen_hannibal:
    Welcome.
    See? Pretty standard stuff going on here.

Except joz3r. His post is stated incorrectly. I send him the WRAPPERS for him to inspect after I smoke them. That way he can insure they were not fake.
    5 Power Rangers coming your way! But the GOF they will bring Might make you TUPID ! LOL
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    j0z3r:
    Phil, I've been here so long I basically wrote the rule on initiation bombs, ok? I think I know how it works by now. Smile [:)]
    I'm sorry Tony, joe's getting up there in years and is getting forgetful, you send the Opus X's to tat, the wrappers and a test stick to me for comparison and send Philly Blunts to joe. Don't worry joe, I got you covered. :P
  • turn_keyturn_key Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 90
    Well that was quite the welcome. Thankyou! I don't mind initiations but I have to confess. I'm a little short on cash so I'll be keping my Opus and Padron but I do have a nice box of White Owls that I could pass around :P I look forward to the chats.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome from the Florida Chapter of the BOTL
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Welcome fellow Chicagoan!!! I can only guess what "turn key" is....;-) There's are a great bunch of guys on this forum. Stick around for a while and get to know some of the brothers. Pretty soon you'll be trading and herfing like a pro!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    turn_key:
    Well that was quite the welcome. Thankyou! I don't mind initiations but I have to confess. I'm a little short on cash so I'll be keping my Opus and Padron but I do have a nice box of White Owls that I could pass around :P I look forward to the chats.
    Welcome and it looks like you can handle the crazy (other than me, I am perfectly sane, sane, sane!) people here. Enjoy.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    welcome, fairly new here myself, but really enjoying all the information. It's nice to hear from others who share this obsession/passion of ours. I mean, the wife is supportive, but completely mystified, as are many other friends and family. No accounting for taste. Lot's of fun here though! Again, welcome
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    TatuajeVI:
    This guy has jokes!!
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here, just don't take us too seriously.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Welcome in, these guys have plenty of great info to share. I won't be waiting on those White Owls... LOL!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Welcome & don't mind Tat he is just a little guy. Besides I don't think he would know what to do with 5 Opus X. He couldn't even finish 3 cigars in 1 day! I don't even think he has room in his humi for them. But I will take those white owls.
    lilwing88:
    Welcome fellow Chicagoan!!! I can only guess what "turn key" is....;-) There's are a great bunch of guys on this forum. Stick around for a while and get to know some of the brothers. Pretty soon you'll be trading and herfing like a pro!
    Yeah... I'm called a turn key, C.O. and a few names I care not mention, but it's all good; nothing a night on the deck, a few beers and a good smoke won't fix.
    YankeeMan:
    Welcome and it looks like you can handle the crazy (other than me, I am perfectly sane, sane, sane!) people here. Enjoy.
    Sure I can handle crazy, I'm married ;) Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
    turn_key:
    Yeah... I'm called a turn key, C.O. and a few names I care not mention, but it's all good; nothing a night on the deck, a few beers and a good smoke won't fix.
    26th & Cal? I work northwest in 016 for CPD. You JGs got it rough.....
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    No. Detention aide in 019, but live in 016. We might know each other or at least a bunch of the same people...small world. When we have the bbq going on the deck you can sneak over to the 10 sector for a quick smoke :)
    turn_key:
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    No. Detention aide in 019, but live in 016. We might know each other or at least a bunch of the same people...small world. When we have the bbq going on the deck you can sneak over to the 10 sector for a quick smoke :)
    PM sent
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    PM sent
    Replied to PM. And again, thanks to everyone for the welcome.
    Just found out that turn_key and I go way back! We used to work together. I can vouch for him as a real stand-up guy. It's good to have people like him on this forum.
    Heh, small world, eh lilwing?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Tat turned green after one tat black... He would DIE after five opusX ;) welcome to the forum bro!!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Alex Williams:
    Tat turned green after one tat black... He would DIE after five opusX ;) welcome to the forum bro!!
    Ya green after 1 Tat black.....On another day he had 1 Opus X and some other stick I don't remember, then started a 3rd that he had to put down. He wasn't looking so good that time either. Oh and then we went to a B&M the day after that & he couldn't even finish 1 stick. To his defense the hockey game was on and we were still pretty tired from the night before, oh and that stick he had was powerful! Not a bad guy I think that he just needs to eat more when he is going to smoke like that. No hard feelings Tat but it's fun to watch you get messed up when you are smoking.