Home General Discussion

Man O' War Virtue

xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
Anyone heard anything about this or the release time frame? All I've been able to dig up is snippets from Alex about a super-premium connecticut wrapper

I like mild to medium cigars, and I've heard nothing but good things about the Ruination, but something that powerful just isn't my thing, and this Virtue seems like I might finally get to try a Man O' War made to my liking
<BR

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I'm intrigued. This is the first time I've heard about this. I wonder what kind of filler this will have?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Connie doesn't mean it isn't an ass kicker... but it sounds interesting.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ugh, I hate it when cigars give me a buzz or make me sick; I like to relax when I smoke, not be lying down with the room spinning on me
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Yeah, a mild MOW would be like dividing by zero.
  • jhunter127jhunter127 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    Till I make my way to smoking a stronger cigar, I would love to see a complex mild to med in a MOW. ( See that was a totally new guy comment wasnt it?)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Sounds like alcohol-free whiskey, to me...
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    cabinetmaker:
    Sounds like alcohol-free whiskey, to me...

lmao oh there isnt a better example out there than this
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216
    Gents, the MOW Virtue is an amazing cigar.  Mild to medium in body, very flavorful.  An enjoyable cigar start to finish.  Tastes completely unique, nothing else like it!  Totally different than the other two Man O War, the only thing comparable is quality.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    timb:
    Gents, the MOW Virtue is an amazing cigar.  Mild to medium in body, very flavorful.  An enjoyable cigar start to finish.  Tastes completely unique, nothing else like it!  Totally different than the other two Man O War, the only thing comparable is quality.
    So the next question is when does it come out?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    so now that you have our mouths watering, when are these going to hit Tim?
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    well, ok, so um, I want some. Tim you are a tease.
    timb:
    WOOHOO!! Hearing it's mild to medium just made my day!!

zoom6zoom:
    Yeah, a mild MOW would be like dividing by zero.
    Chuck Norris can divide by zero - so it stands to reason that The One True Chuck will personally be rolling the Man O' War Virtue
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I could be wrong, but I think Alex said AJ has new stuff coming out around Father's Day. Maybe this is part of that? I dunno.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    its man o WAR. WAR isnt mild. Man o War is a body that knocks you on your ass punches you in the gut, and flavors that give your taste buds a lap dance. mild man o war?? no thanks
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Alex, to each their own.  Thankfully the original Man O War and the Ruination will still be made and they are as full-bodied as ever. 

This is a Man O War for times of peace. 

hahaha im sorry mr the beard. please dont bring out the whip again. i promise i wont speak out of place again. im not worthy!
    Oh, and don't worry...  the flavor is present in spades!  I think we are about a month away from seeing these hit the 'shores' of Pennsylvania.  : )
    i think you should start being active in the trades, passes, and bombs forums! i would be happy to put you on the list ;)
    timb:
    Oh, and don't worry...  the flavor is present in spades!  I think we are about a month away from seeing these hit the 'shores' of Pennsylvania.  : )
    Since the Ruination is being rolled in a Double Happiness size/10", what're the chances of seeing a Virtue rolled in that size? Any plans to expand the Double Happiness line beyond the original 10 prototypes?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Man O War Virtue is rolling out in May but you will get a chance to try it in a sneak peak in April in the AJ Fernandez Dirty Dozen sampler which will be on our cover in our next issue. Great deal IMHO, 12 AJ sticks for $29.95 and Virtue is in there. boxes and singles will roll out in May issue and to do it right, we are kicking it off with a massive freebie including a Man O War 6 stick sampler (2 each original, ruination and virtue), Man O War branded Colibri slice grip double bladed cutter and a man o war branded torch lighter made by lotus. All three items will be free with box through fathers day starting in May. Oh, and the freebie is good on all MOW box purchases including original and Ruination.

In terms of the cigar, it will come in five or six sizes and be priced right around the same as the Man O War original and be for sale in singles and boxes of 20. The blend features a 5 year old connecticut ecuador wrapper and all aged long fillers from Nicaragua. The cigar is a definite medium in body but the flavor is full. The idea was to make a cigar with lesser body but one that has the same rich flavor people like about Man O War. Great stick IMHO and will be very popular with the guys that find the MOW lines too strong. For me, it is a great morning smoke but I also took a bunch out last week to a bachelor party and everyone went nuts for the things.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Yes, the hope is that the double happiness line will expand to include many blends from several factories. This first sampler is just part of the launch.
    well i know when im gonna buy that box of ruinations ive been plannin! when can we expect the double happiness to be available?
    You guys thinking about a sampler with the entire line that would include the special edition??
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Holy $hit.... this made my night... I'm so excited, I'm like a fat kid at the Hershey factory (wait, isn't that in PA also? Must be the happiest state on earth, haha)
    dennisking:
    You guys thinking about a sampler with the entire line that would include the special edition??
    Yes, that 6 cigar sampler I mentioned that will be part of the massive freebie with box purchase will also be available for sale. 2 each of Original, Ruination and Virtue. All robusto size.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    Yes, that 6 cigar sampler I mentioned that will be part of the massive freebie with box purchase will also be available for sale. 2 each of Original, Ruination and Virtue. All robusto size.

When... this is up my ally.

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I will be buying that set!!!
    Cigar will be available in May.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Svenson:
    Man O War Virtue is rolling out in May but you will get a chance to try it in a sneak peak in April in the AJ Fernandez Dirty Dozen sampler which will be on our cover in our next issue. Great deal IMHO, 12 AJ sticks for $29.95 and Virtue is in there. boxes and singles will roll out in May issue and to do it right, we are kicking it off with a massive freebie including a Man O War 6 stick sampler (2 each original, ruination and virtue), Man O War branded Colibri slice grip double bladed cutter and a man o war branded torch lighter made by lotus. All three items will be free with box through fathers day starting in May. Oh, and the freebie is good on all MOW box purchases including original and Ruination.

In terms of the cigar, it will come in five or six sizes and be priced right around the same as the Man O War original and be for sale in singles and boxes of 20. The blend features a 5 year old connecticut ecuador wrapper and all aged long fillers from Nicaragua. The cigar is a definite medium in body but the flavor is full. The idea was to make a cigar with lesser body but one that has the same rich flavor people like about Man O War. Great stick IMHO and will be very popular with the guys that find the MOW lines too strong. For me, it is a great morning smoke but I also took a bunch out last week to a bachelor party and everyone went nuts for the things.
    wow, thanks for the early info Alex. I've been wanting to order a box of ruination but now I will definitely wait for this.
    Alex Svenson:
    dennisking:
    i didnt see the magic word "special edition saloman" in there A-dizzawg. is it too limited for that sampler?