Home General Discussion

Oliva V Maduro Sighting

cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
Just wanted to drop a note in here for anyone in the Boston / Worcester Mass area. Local B&M in Westboro has 4 of the Oliva V Maduro right now if anybody is looking for them. Not sure if they have anymore in the back, but that's what's in the case. Oh yeah, and some Opus X I've never seen called "Lost City". PM me if you're in the area and need the name of the place.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I spotted a box of 10 at my local b&m, closed the lid, and bought the box.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I got three boxes already. 2 boxes from early 2009 and one box from this year.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    My local B&M also has a box or two of the 2009. I grabbed a couple singles last fall - still haven't smoked one.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    rwheelwright:

You must have a HUGE humidor cabinet wheelie, or at least several coolerdors. Have you been enjoying those sticks from our trade?

bacon.jay:
    rwheelwright:

You must have a HUGE humidor cabinet wheelie, or at least several coolerdors. Have you been enjoying those sticks from our trade?

I wish I had a cabinet. That will be a purchase sometime this year. I have a shitload of humidors, ziplock bags and tupperware. I haven't had any of the sticks from you yet. I'm aging them. It's a test that I am doing. I want to age and have one of each maybe every 6 months to see if/how they change. Have you had any yet?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    believe it or not, the liquor store down the street from me has a nice 30ft glass humi cabinet and they have 2 boxes of V's. I bought one the other day. 7bux for a stick. yes, I took advantage of their lack of knowledge
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    dennisking:
    believe it or not, the liquor store down the street from me has a nice 30ft glass humi cabinet and they have 2 boxes of V's. I bought one the other day. 7bux for a stick. yes, I took advantage of their lack of knowledge
    This place is a liqour store as well, but they also have a walkin humi and several cabinets... They mainly keep the higher end stuff it seems. Lots of Padron Anniversary, GOF, Opus, etc..
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    cholmes8310:
    Just wanted to drop a note in here for anyone in the Boston / Worcester Mass area. Local B&M in Westboro has 4 of the Oliva V Maduro right now if anybody is looking for them. Not sure if they have anymore in the back, but that's what's in the case. Oh yeah, and some Opus X I've never seen called "Lost City". PM me if you're in the area and need the name of the place.
    What are they going for in the B&M? Ccom has them for $15 each.... Is that not a good price?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    there's a 2010 release?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    dennisking:
    Maybe, or maybe they just price things well. I'm grateful for that.
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    there's a 2010 release?
    Maybe it was the very end of last year. I can't keep track anymore. They were definately two boxes of the old size and one box of the new size. I'm sure this has been noted before but the boxes look different, the cigars definately look different but the labels on the box both say they are the same size. It's pretty obvious they are not. BUt I wonder what is up with that.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Oliva Serie V maduro is a semi-annual release.  I have 9 singles left and I can do them for $7 a pop.  Dudes - why wouldn't come to me first looking for this stuff? Surprise [:O]

lilwing88:
    cholmes8310:
    What are they going for in the B&M? Ccom has them for $15 each.... Is that not a good price?
    Honestly didn't even check. I didn't realize CCOM had any right now. I'm not a fan of them. I had one, wasn't that impressed. Had a terrible Ammonia taste to it. I knew they'd been discussed extensively here, so just letting anyone in the area know that if they were looking, they could be found.
    lilwing88:
    cholmes8310:
    Honestly didn't even check. I didn't realize CCOM had any right now. I'm not a fan of them. I had one, wasn't that impressed. Had a terrible Ammonia taste to it. I knew they'd been discussed extensively here, so just letting anyone in the area know that if they were looking, they could be found.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    there's a 2010 release?

There's a 2008 release and a 2009 release, but each one didn't come out until the end of their respective release years (read: sept/oct). I managed to snag a box of the V Maduro from the '08 release. I got one of the last boxes Ccom had from that batch. I haven't had any of the '09 group yet, but I want to try to get a box sometime in the next month or so...

Are they really different sizes? That's weird, I figured they'd keep with the original size of the V Maduro for tradition's sake. Although, maybe this year's blend has something to do with why the size changed. I know at the very least that the wrapper and a large part of the filler is different in the '09 than it was in the '08. Perhaps when they first tried the new blend in the old size it was really crappy and had to go with the new size to fix it.

timb:

Oliva Serie V maduro is a semi-annual release.  I have 9 singles left and I can do them for $7 a pop.  Dudes - why wouldn't come to me first looking for this stuff? Surprise [:O]

I would, if I was buying!
    timb:

this is a great deal folks!! someone take tim up on this and just buy all 9
    the only reason the liquor store has these this cheap is because they just don't know whats up. hell, I wasn't there to by sticks, just booze but hey, when a guy sees sticks, he must investigate further. Big Smile [:D]
    dennisking:
    timb:

the only reason the liquor store has these this cheap is because they just don't know whats up. hell, I wasn't there to by sticks, just booze but hey, when a guy sees sticks, he must investigate further. Big Smile [:D]
    Yeah, I'm trying now... I didn't need any, and don't have anywhere to put them, but that price is too good to pass up.
    dennisking:
    timb:

Sorry boys, they're all gone now. Thanks to Dennis' advice, I scooped up all the remaining ones...

I hope I like them better this time than the first one... if not, they're going out as bombs to people around here.
    nice work, nicely played. Tim, you can kick down that .03 cent commission check whenever you get a chance........... Wink [;)]
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216
    Check sent.  don't spend it all in one place....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    cholmes8310:
    dennisking:
    timb:

Sorry boys, they're all gone now. Thanks to Dennis' advice, I scooped up all the remaining ones...

I hope I like them better this time than the first one... if not, they're going out as bombs to people around here.
    bomb me first.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    kuzi16:
    cholmes8310:

bomb me first.
    Hahahah wow...not even beating around the bush with it kuz
    all in fun. there would be a trade involved im sure...
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    dennisking:
    I love that liquor store.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    My local B&M get them in every year. I usually buy 2 singles every year and sit on them. I have 2 2008's and 2 2009's. Looking forward to 2010.
    jpclotfelter:
    dennisking:
    I love that liquor store.
    yeah, when you walk into a liquor store and the have Oliva V's and CAO Sopranos, you know someone is either into cigars, or the company that is selling them to the store is just saying "These are the ones you need, buy them"
    Tim- got the check, you helped me make the rent........
    To clarify, I just want everyone on the forum to know you can ask me for any rare cigars, any cigar at all really, and chances are I can get it for you and priced reasonably.  Just let me know and I'll make it happen!
    timb:
    To clarify, I just want everyone on the forum to know you can ask me for any rare cigars, any cigar at all really, and chances are I can get it for you and priced reasonably.  Just let me know and I'll make it happen!
    uh... man... i should email you my *uck*t list

though i doubt i could afford any of those if you could find them.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    timb:
    Tims Beard! Making Things Happen!!

Where were you in the last vid?