Home General Discussion

AJ Fernandez

2»

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    Wow, of that list I have had twenty-two of them, and of those there is only one that I did not like, That one must have just been a fluke, which I will have to try again.
    I've only had 8 of them:

La Herencia Cubana
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet
    Rocky Patel Fusion
    Rocky Patel Double Maduro
    Cigar.com Brazilian Label
    Gurkha Sherpa
    Padilla Achilles
    La Cuna Bin 85

Now that I know the same guy was behind all of them, though, you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be working my way through the rest of the list! Thanks for the skinny, Alex.

5 Vegas Triple A
    Garo Unum
    Estaban Carerras Habano Corojo and Maduro
    Reposado 96
    Rocky Patel Triple Fusion
    Red Lion
    Tantra Flavors

Wow. Of the whole list, these are the only ones I have not yet tried. I haven't even heard of a couple of them. Anyone know where any of these can be found?

I don't know what is with the Triple A's from 5 Vegas, I just haven't got around to trying one out. The same with the Reposado, just haven't got there yet. So only seven I haven't tried. Of the whole lot the only ones I did not fully enjoy were the Graycliffs. Something about them I just don't like. It something in the flavor profile, I just don't like the tastes. I did have a Crystal in a Presidente Vitola that was tasty. The only Graycliff I realy liked.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    At least a half dozen of the cigars on this list will be discontinued this year and already have been removed from production at the factory. Not sure I comment on which ones. However, there are some exciting new addtions coming such as the Man O War Virtue and the San Lotano which will be out before fathers day.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I hope Diesel isn't going. That thing is awesome! I have tried about a dozen of the names on the list, really like SC Cuban Cab. and AAA too.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'm a big fan of the signature series, and am about to place a big order for more - I'm down to only one... I actually have it buried under 10 Ashton ESG's, lol...
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Cabinetmaker, if you like the RP Sig, you are going to go nuts for the Man O War Virtue. Super premium connecticut with one of nicest wrappers I have seen. Of course I am very biased. LOL
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Alex Svenson:
    Cabinetmaker, if you like the RP Sig, you are going to go nuts for the Man O War Virtue. Super premium connecticut with one of nicest wrappers I have seen. Of course I am very biased. LOL
    A mild man o war? I don't like
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Alex Svenson:
    At least a half dozen of the cigars on this list will be discontinued this year and already have been removed from production at the factory. Not sure I comment on which ones.
    Can you give us an approximate date? I really like some of those on the list, so I suppose I'm gonna have to snap up a few boxes before they go out
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Alex Svenson:
    I can't wait. I'm in the minority here as I love full bodied cigars and I love mild-medium Connecticut wrapped cigars.
    I'll get a box of those to try out when they are released, but I'm gonna order about 10th bundles of the a fernandez Sig maduros for an everyday smoke ...
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    I can't wait. I'm in the minority here as I love full bodied cigars and I love mild-medium Connecticut wrapped cigars.
    I'm with you there, I like the nub connie a lot... what I can't get over is that did the sol cubano artisan... I HATED that cigar... maybe I got a bad one, but as it stands it was/is the worst cigar I've ever had.
    They are already out of production so once what is out there is sold out, there wont be any more. Off the top of my head:

RP Fusion
    RP Fusion Double Maduro
    A. Fernandez Signature (all wrappers, all lines)
    I cant speak to the Garo, Tantra or Red Lion as I am just not very familiar with those lines.
    I also dont know about microbatch as I think that was just a one time production

If you guys smoke any of the ones on this list, snatch them up now or forever hold your peace,
    Well, i'll be placing a bigger order later this coming week than I had planned on.... I can't believe his signature line is out of production. Damn...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Dang I need to make space....
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    I'm right there with you. My humidor is filled about 4 different kinds of connecticuts and the rest full bodied smokes.
    Alex Svenson:
    They are already out of production so once what is out there is sold out, there wont be any more. Off the top of my head:

NOOOOOO. this is madness!!
    Out of curiosity, which blend in the Signature line did you like. The original A feranndez that comes in the box, or one of the other wrappers that he put out in bundles as a one time release?
    Alex Svenson:
    Out of curiosity, which blend in the Signature line did you like. The original A feranndez that comes in the box, or one of the other wrappers that he put out in bundles as a one time release?
    The original in the box, but I'm gonna get about 10 bundles of the maduros..
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    Alex Svenson:

RP Fusion
    RP Fusion Double Maduro
    I cant speak to the Garo, Tantra or Red Lion as I am just not very familiar with those lines.
    I also dont know about microbatch as I think that was just a one time production

If you guys smoke any of the ones on this list, snatch them up now or forever hold your peace,
    Wow! That sucks. I am a really big fan of both the RP fusions. At least they are still making your Brazilian....right?! I don't want to have to turn in to the Hulk.....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Alex Svenson:
    I love the original, I havent tried the Maduro or the Sumatra.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    cabinetmaker:
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    I'm with you there, I like the nub connie a lot... what I can't get over is that did the sol cubano artisan... I HATED that cigar... maybe I got a bad one, but as it stands it was/is the worst cigar I've ever had.
    I don't think you had a bad one, the Artisan I had was among the worst cigars I've ever had. I powered through the whole thing for the sake of a review, but it was bad.
    Well some good news, the A Fernandez Signature is not going away because of poor sales or quality/ blend problems, it is a trademark issue only so I imagine Abdel will probably use the blend for a new project under a different name. The blend has a decent fan base. I will pass along your thoughts. That said, it may not resurface for some time.
    cabinetmaker:
    Alex Svenson:
    The original in the box, but I'm gonna get about 10 bundles of the maduros..
    I'm also gonna get a few boxes...
    Alex Svenson:
    Well some good news, the A Fernandez Signature is not going away because of poor sales or quality/ blend problems, it is a trademark issue only so I imagine Abdel will probably use the blend for a new project under a different name. The blend has a decent fan base. I will pass along your thoughts. That said, it may not resurface for some time.
    *sighs with relief*
    Alex Svenson:
    Ok well that sounds good cause the box was my favorite!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    You know after reading Alex's list again I retract my previous statement. There are few sticks I forgot about. The Patel Brothers and the original LHC rate high on my list. I unfortunately haven't had many but loved the ones I had. I also enjoy the A.Fernandez Sig (the original) and the MoW Ruination but they aren't complex in my book so they fit my original statement.