Home General Discussion

Wenger/swiss army knife cigar scissors...

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
I wanna see how many people have this and use it regularly, and how well it works for you if you do. I'm thinking about buying one after seeing one up-close and personal recently.

There's several iterations, the most popular being the "19th Hole" golf tool specific model. There's also a standard Wenger swiss army knife version (shown), and the same with regular scissors added as well. Then all the special company-branded editions like Zino.

A picture for those who have never seen one:

Comments

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Well Jay, I have no feedback....sorry. I AM curious to see any others' feedback tho..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    you know ive seen one. Matt (at the shop) and i have discussed this particular tool on many the occasion.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I have never used one so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt. I am however, a huge collector and user of knives, both production and custom. I love SAKs. However, they are not extremely sharp out of the box. I always have my SAKs fatory edge redone by Tom Krein, who's knives are the sharpest knives I have seen. With that said, I would assume the scissor blades would be a similar level of sharpness. While the factory knife blade's sharpness is satisfactory and I only have it redone because I am anal bout it, I don't know if the scissors' would be. Everything I read about cigar scissors says it is important to get good ones and that they be very sharp. My big concern based on my experience with SAKs is that these would not meet that requirement.

I'll always have a SAK in my pocket, and a Palio cutter too ;)
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    kuzi16:
    you know ive seen one. Matt (at the shop) and i have discussed this particular tool on many the occasion.

Yeah kuzi, that's actually what got me thinking about getting one. I've never actually used one, and until i saw the one that matt had, never even seen one. I really want one now that i've looked at it closer, but wanted to get some more peoples' opinion as to how it works before I decide to get one, because it's either that or a Xikar.

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I've got an uncle that uses one. He'll use it on opus Xs, and other cigars he wants to make last. I've got no feedback other than it works good from what I've seen.