Home Non Cigar Related

What Audio/Video Equipment Are you Running

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
I am running a Sharp Aquos 52" LCD, Denon AVR4308CI receiver, Axiom M80v2 towers, VP150v2 center, EP 500 sub, QS8 v3 surrounds, for movies I am using a PS3, PC for audio...

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    outdated stuff for sure, though my dlp still kicks the ass of a a lot of tv's I see people using.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    27" of Panasonic fury with a composite in from my PS2. but in the garage i have a huge Onkyo 150x2 amp with my Ipod and old school Infinity Qb 10" towers mounted to the wall above my toolbox. it rails
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Samsung 55" LED HDTV and Polk Audio surrounds matched to a Denon receiver, separate Blu-Ray player.....

Is what my dad is running...lol (and it's freaking SWEET!!!)..

At my home I have an Emerson 32" LCD HDTV hooked up to a normal DVD player and cable box. Had a magnificent receiver putting out to some amazing BOSE speakers, but the receiver just burned out and I have no $$$ to get a new one.
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    Onkyo 7.1 1000W reciever, Sony Blu Ray, Mitsibishi 65" DLP Television, PS3, HP PC with HighDef Video Card (Its nice having a 65" computer monitor), SVS MTS-01 Towers, Center, and Surrounds, & SVS PC12-Plus Cylinder Subwoofer Love this subwoofer. You can feel the ground shake outside my house. Wife hates it though and I've had the neighbors call in "Shots Fired" reports to the police while watching movies...LOL
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Samsung 50" DLP (not mine, the girlfriend's) But I have a
    Yamaha 663 with JBL Bookshelfs and 200watt JBL Sub... not the best speakers, I am wanting Klipsch Icon floor standings and I'm saving for Martin Logans and Denon Receivers....

If I'm really gonna hit the lottery I'd go Mcintosh and Vienna Acoustics....

I don't know... I get monster discounts on Definitive, Martin Logan, Vienna Acoustics, Denon, Pioneer Elite, Mirage, Polk, Klipsch Etc.... I just don't know what to blow my money ON!!!!

Cool thing is my current system I got for under $200 so I'm happy with it for now
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Hah! I'm officially "old" as I don't have my part numbers memorized. Big ass Definitive stuff with a sony flat screen. It's really loud.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Theedge:
    Hah! I'm officially "old" as I don't have my part numbers memorized. Big ass Definitive stuff with a sony flat screen. It's really loud.
    Tower speakers? and with or without the built in subwoofers?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I used to have Infinity surround sound speakers hooked up through a Sony Receiver and a pair of JBL Studio Series speakers. Would blow you away. Had to sell it all to survive this past year. Now I just have the 3 year old Sony 42" LCD.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I have a 1080p Samsung DLP .... i bought it because the location for the tv is 22 inches deep and there was no point for me to buy a flat panel ...... i have a Onkyo Tx sr706s receiver pushing Polk 60 monitors with a polk monitor center and a 10 inch polk powered sub and a an older pair of infinty kappa rs4000 in black ..... all of the polk is cherry ...... i just havent had the ching to get another pair of the polk 60 monitors for the rear ..... i have a sony bluray 305 i think and direct tv's best dvr hd reciever and a wii .......... everything sounds fantastic and i freakin love that receiver
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Vizio 37 and a Bose 3.2.1.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Anyone seen those ridiculous 7mm thin screens by Panasonic yet?? Saw an article from CES this year....so thin it's unreal, I thought my Sharp was thin, these are like paper lol
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Big towers with the built in subs up front. Smaller towers for the rear channels. For the center channel I went with the Monitor brand. I used to be into the whole audio thing. One thing I have that is a bit unusual is that upstairs I run my home stereo ( in ceiling speakers and a sub) with a Jolida tube amp I purhcased years ago. Tube just has that nice mellow smooth sound.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Finally sprung for my sub, should be here next week, Axiom EP500
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I hate to bring this thread back up but is anybody running Paradigm speakers and or a Anthem amp or receiver?
  • tincup703tincup703 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    Mitsubishi 73" 1080p HDTV, and Bose Lifestyle surround system.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Panasonic 65" plasma, Yamaha RX-V1800 Receiver, Klipsch RF-82 Front Spk., Klipsch RC-62 Center, Klipsch RW-10d Sub., and Klipsch RS-42 surrounds. Using Sony PS3 as BluRay/DVD.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    rwheelwright:
    I hate to bring this thread back up but is anybody running Paradigm speakers and or a Anthem amp or receiver?
    I'm not running either, but I did demo the Paradigms before I bought my klipsch setup. The Paradigms had amazing sound quality but just lacked the punch and depth that the klipsch had (same size and # of drivers). As for the amp, the Anthem stuff is excellent. It's been a couple years since I was really shopping but I remember wanting to try the Outlaw Audio stuff when I was thinking of running an Amp.
    I'm returning my Cambridge Audio Azur 650r receiver because I am having too many issues with it and getting an Anthem MX700 which is their new line of receivers. Not much of a price difference. I want their Statement power and pre amps but that is not in the budget at the moment. I am looking at getting a Paradigm Sub 2 in the next few months. It's the only part of 5.1 that I am lacking. I think next year I am going to start replacing my speakers with Paradigm Signature series. All the reviews I read say for the price that perform better than stuff that is more then double. I'm gonna hit my home theater shop to pick up the new receiver and I'll listen to them when I am there. They just got the S6s in. I have to piece all this together cause I can't afford to get it all at once.
  • willso7willso7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 156
    I'm running in my home theater a sanyo plv-z2 projector whit 102" screen, denon avr2106, ps3 blu-ray, axiom m3(main), axiom vp100(center), axiom qs4(surrond), cerwing vega subwoofer.In the living room , 50" samsung plasma tv serie 8, denon avr1505, samsung bdp-3600 blu-ray player, axiom w3(main), axiom ep-175 subwoofer. In my bed room 42" samsung plasma tv, toshiba hd-dvd hd-a2 player(lost the battle again blu-ray player) but it s a great player for sd dvd.
    My wife and I just finished upping our system. We picked up a panasonic viera 65-T25, pioneer bd25 blu ray, pioneer VSX-1120-K receiver, and for speakers I'm running some polk floor standing for the front and backs, a polk center, and 3 wall mount poiks for surround. I can't remember the model numbers as we bought them a while ago. I have to say though, I was going to buy the 58 inch tv, however my wife wanted the 65. She made a good choice, though it was more than I was wanting to pay. Either way I'm happy, movies kick ass with the new additions. I need to get a wall mount for the tv, it's my next thing to get.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I'm using Pro-Tools recording software. Oh wait...:D
    rwheelwright:
    I had two front paradigm speakers, though I bought them a couple of years ago. I sold them to my buddy. why do you ask?
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    I had two front paradigm speakers, though I bought them a couple of years ago. I sold them to my buddy. why do you ask?
    I'm looking to get some Paradigm and Anthem stuff over the next few years. Got an Anthem MX700 on the way and in a few months I'll have either a Paradigm Sub 25 or Sub 2. Next year I'm looking at Paradigm Signature S8s. 2012 that the Signature C5 Center and then 2013 or 2014 a pair or twe of the Signature ADP3 surrounds. I can't afford it all at once so I have to piecemeal it.
    Their speakers aren't bad. I don't have the best ears around, however they always sounded good to me. I never used them for lossless though. When I got my polk I didn't listen to them, I got them on a deal online. I really like them. Speakers are a very personal thing.
    I'm gonna hear a set of S6s in the store soon. I have really great custom made speakers but these Paradigms are supposed to trounce my custom mades. I especially want to hear this new Beryllium tweeters. They are supposed to be awesome.