Home General Discussion

Macanudo maduro

dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
Just "atempted" to have one of these at lunch, tasted great. way, way to tight. horrible draw. I could feel about an inch and half from the cap was rock solid and from there to the foot much looser. Really disapointed as to how it was preety much unenjoyable having to desperatly try to get anything close to a mouthful of smoke.

Comments

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I've had that problem once with this stick as well. I don't get it anymore. Try the Onyx Reserve, it's similar but much cheaper and has better flavor IMO.

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Find something to stick in there or you may just have to cut off an inch and hope the wrapper doesn't come off.
  • dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    cool man thanks for the tip.
  • dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    Find something to stick in there or you may just have to cut off an inch and hope the wrapper doesn't come off. Yeah that is exactly what happend. bah!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I've tried this one and found it way too mild for a "maduro". The draw was a little tight for me too. Come to think of it, I've never really had an enjoyable Macanudo...... I just had the Monte Cristo Media Noche. That one was pretty awesome.
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    lilwing88:
    I just had the Monte Cristo Media Noche. That one was pretty awesome.
    Yeah, I have a few of those in my humi. One of my favorites.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I bought a box of these and haven't had a problem with one of them in fact with every one of them the smoke is so abundant it is really nice , they do well with a little time on them too, I have also bought $20 Monticristos and had draw problems with them....can happen with any cigar......
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    lilwing88:
    I've tried this one and found it way too mild for a "maduro". The draw was a little tight for me too. Come to think of it, I've never really had an enjoyable Macanudo...... I just had the Monte Cristo Media Noche. That one was pretty awesome.
    I agree, the Media Noche is a great smoke!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    The first (and only) time a cigar ever made me puke was a macanudo maduro. Something in it made a bunch of tar, which got in my mouth and tasted so foul i autopuked while driving down the highway. I was actually kinda enjoying it up to shortly before that point.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    lilwing88:
    I've tried this one and found it way too mild for a "maduro".
    if you make two cigars that are identical in binder and filler, with the wrapper on one being natural and the wrapper on the other being maduro (both wrappers the same but one going through the maduro process) the maduro one will be a bit more MILD.

by nature of how maduro is done, the leaf loses some power and sugars are brought out.

if you add this to an already super mild cigar (macanudo) you end up with a cigar that has almost no body to it.

one of the original comments was that a mouth full of smoke was hard to get. this could have been more than just a draw issue. the smoke was so light in body you may have had more in your mouth but were unable to tell.
    lilwing88:
    Come to think of it, I've never really had an enjoyable Macanudo...... I just had the Monte Cristo Media Noche. That one was pretty awesome.
    the media noche is a great cigar. it is what the macanudo maduro wishes it could be when it grows up.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    please see my forum avatar for my opinion on macanudo.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    jihiggs:
    Not to hurt anyone's feelings but Macanudo makes dog rockets. I used to love them when I first started smoking cigars. Now it is like lighting up a flavorless piece of cardboard. Strange how your taste in cigars can change so much. Just my opinion so don't hate me.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    jsnake:
    jihiggs:
    Not to hurt anyone's feelings but Macanudo makes dog rockets. I used to love them when I first started smoking cigars. Now it is like lighting up a flavorless piece of cardboard. Strange how your taste in cigars can change so much. Just my opinion so don't hate me.
    I hate you
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    jihiggs:

When I first started getting in to cigars, the "T" box place recommended (as jihiggs so appropriately captured them) MacaDooDoo's... They were horrible, but they didn't discrourage me from my quest.

Just my opinion.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I've never had hthis issue thus far. This stick really got me into maduros.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I've never had a Macanudo, but I'll be damned if my girlfriend didn't buy me a lancero of the stuff!!! Hopefully a drunk night will entail and I can only smoke a 1/4th of it and then say I'm too drunk to finish