Home General Discussion

For you pipe guys.....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
Hey pipe smokin brethren. I don't really know anything about pipes, pipe tobacco, or anything like that really, but I thought this looked kinda cool. What do you guys think? If nothing else, seems like a cool addition to the mancave incase you want to have the fellas over for a pipe instead of a cigar.

Pipe Rack

Also, my buddy in my hometown owns his own cigar lounge and a few years ago he added hookahs and his business skyrocketed. When I saw this pipe rack I thought to myself, why don't tobacco stores/lounges that sell pipe tobacco and pipes have pipes that one can use if they just wanted to sit and smoke a pipe without buying all the tobacco and accessories? I mean, if I've never smoked a pipe before, I certainly don't want to go and buy all this stuff and not like it. We all smoked a cigar before we went and bought a humidor. Charge the fella $5-10, something like that, something comparable to cigar prices. The way I see it, one could simply detach the plastic mouth piece and wash it after each use. It'd really be no different than eating at a restaurant and drinking out of the glass that a thousand others have drank out of, but they did take the time to wash it with soap and really hot water between uses. Am I crazy? Am I missing something? Does this actually sound like a good idea???

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Wow that's a really cool pipe rack.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I wish I could open a sweet shop like that. A place for the curious, experienced, and just a place to get away for a while. I'd DJ requested tunes, serve tastey beverages, offer a little sample of "this weeks special" to burn be it cigars/pipe tobacco, a corner for sports, a corner for reading, small pool hall... a man can dream I guess.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    nightmaremike31:
    I wish I could open a sweet shop like that. A place for the curious, experienced, and just a place to get away for a while. I'd DJ requested tunes, serve tastey beverages, offer a little sample of "this weeks special" to burn be it cigars/pipe tobacco, a corner for sports, a corner for reading, small pool hall... a man can dream I guess.
    Sounds to me like your dreams are right in line with mine. Where do you live? You need a partner?
    clearlysuspect:
    nightmaremike31:
    Sounds to me like your dreams are right in line with mine. Where do you live? You need a partner?

I do indeed, and investors, and a good engineer to help get the place to code, and a never ending supply of money... but you know where I live. Utah... Where such a place can only be a dream inside this state. Wouldn't it be great though. A place with a little something for everybody and anybody.

Oh and a wi fi corner and we need to steal a starbucks hottie to serve coffee with a smile...
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    nightmaremike31:

Oh and a wi fi corner and we need to steal a starbucks hottie to serve coffee with a smile...
    Hell yeah, who needs a barista when you can get a GARista!
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Dunno if it helps but you'd have to get a few guys that know how to pack a pipe correctly and let them pack everyone's pipe. Aside from that, keep the stems separate from the bowls and only connect them when someone is about to smoke, even though it seems stupid, people get the feeling that it's been sterilized and cleaned when they see you assemble something in front of them. It's sorta like the wrapped utensils in restaurants, they have been used before but you get a better feeling when you have to break a seal to get to them.
    Garen B:
    Dunno if it helps but you'd have to get a few guys that know how to pack a pipe correctly and let them pack everyone's pipe. Aside from that, keep the stems separate from the bowls and only connect them when someone is about to smoke, even though it seems stupid, people get the feeling that it's been sterilized and cleaned when they see you assemble something in front of them. It's sorta like the wrapped utensils in restaurants, they have been used before but you get a better feeling when you have to break a seal to get to them.

Nothing about what you just said sounded stupid whatsoever, it was all very true and very good points. Like a tattoo artists' work station, watching them break open the hermetically sealed equipment is very comforting. And the packing a pipe correctly, I've been smoking my pipe for over a year now, and the troubles I've gone through by not packing it correctly... aggghhh. Having a friendly fella or gal who can pack a good pipe for you and show you how to light it, AND you get to see it all first hand... this is sounding more and more like heaven. Who would ever want to leave?

I want to say I've seen a "T"box place near my work that sells replacement mouth pieces for pipes.

Tobacconists' and GARistas. That's fun to say.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    nightmaremike31:
    clearlysuspect:
    nightmaremike31:

I do indeed, and investors, and a good engineer to help get the place to code, and a never ending supply of money... but you know where I live. Utah... Where such a place can only be a dream inside this state. Wouldn't it be great though. A place with a little something for everybody and anybody.

No, I'm really thinking about doing this one day. Investors? Money's not a problem. Engineer? My brothers a mechanical engineer who designs commercial buildings for a living. Never ending supply of money? Well, run your business right and this will take care of itself. And yes, it will be great!
    I would really love to do this as well. I'm so obsessive (or crazy) about cigars and making it a business rather than a hobby that I've drawn up multiple plans for cigar lines (my favorite 2 are based entirely around the military), different styles of cigar bars, and promo ideas that just sit on my desk at home. I'd have to get out of this state to even try to get something established as far as a business. But what I wouldn't give to do it.

Phil, if you weren't so damn far away I would be sitting on your porch right now with my thermos of coffee in my hand waiting for you to get home or wake up so we could talk business. I wouldn't even care if I had to be the janitor, I just want to be able to say that I get paid to work with what I love the most... next to my boy of course, which I don't get paid for.