Home General Discussion

Dropped Humidor....

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
so I keep my humi on top of a cabinet that I keep all my movies in and I went in the humi last night checking what stock I have of what after I was finishedI was reaching up to set it on the top of the cabinet and the edge of the humi caught the top of the cabinrt and I was not expecting it and it dropped a good 6ft to concrete floor....landed on its side, my first thought was damage to the humi then I realized what was in it lol...I flipped it over to its base from its side and the contents fell back in to place....I was very upset to say the least its an expensive humi and the contents have some value as well, its black laquered so unfortunately the scuffs stand out but not too bad considering....the contents seem to be ok although a few wrappers on some expensive stuff did start to come apart a little but I should be able to deal with that....my next concern was if it now will lose its seal checked it this morning and its sitting at where it normally does 68%rh and 70 degrees so seems to have survived....needless to say my heart stopped about 5 times after I realized what had happened....hopefully its all good....anyone rleate? Stories not necessarily about damage.....

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I dropped a full box of cigars once, thank goodness the box had not been opened yet. All the sticks were still in perfect shape and the box wasn't really damaged that bad either. Other then that I dropped a stick once and it came unwrapped. Nothing as bad as what happened to you. I can only imagine how you felt! Someone call 911 my baby just fell.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    OH CRAP! How are the Siglo VI's????
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Well I'm still new to cigars, but I always wanted to try a god of fire. So I bought one, let it age for a month which was really hard...finally couldn't stand it so I decided to smoke it..but it was real cold outside. I thought well screw it i'll smoke it and take a bath with a good smoke. So i realized i left my lighter in the other room. Got back to the bathroom just in time to watch my dog nose my GoF into the tub. It's a good thing for my dog I really love him.
    This story brought to you by my 100th post.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Cooper33:
    Got back to the bathroom just in time to watch my dog nose my GoF into the tub. It's a good thing for my dog I really love him.

Yeah...dogs are wonderful. I always tell folks I just love dogs and kids - as long as they belong to someone else.

Marty

• badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Sandman1am:
    I dropped a full box of cigars once, thank goodness the box had not been opened yet. All the sticks were still in perfect shape and the box wasn't really damaged that bad either. Other then that I dropped a stick once and it came unwrapped. Nothing as bad as what happened to you. I can only imagine how you felt! Someone call 911 my baby just fell.

Being a 911 operator for the Fire Dept, I have had calls about the "babies". One such call was a woman calling saying her baby was stuck in a wall. It turned out to be a boa constrictor. WTH. Glad I was not on that call.

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Ouch!!! I can't imagine if that happened to me. Firstly; My humi was very expensive (too expensive). Its also full to the brim with expensive premiums (and a few middle of the road smokes for visitors who want to "try a cigar"). I would check the rh% over the next week or so too make sure it is still OK.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Lasabar:
    OH CRAP! How are the Siglo VI's????
    All good....now not only do they have a little age but also some charachter...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    badge54fd:
    Sandman1am:

Being a 911 operator for the Fire Dept, I have had calls about the "babies". One such call was a woman calling saying her baby was stuck in a wall. It turned out to be a boa constrictor. WTH. Glad I was not on that call.

Damn, I would have had an issue with that one...
    phobicsquirrel:
    badge54fd:
    Sandman1am:

Damn, I would have had an issue with that one...
    Happens all the time squirrel. What sucks is if you are the one that actually goes on that run!!! I don't mind helping people but snakes & rodents are another thing.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Maybe so, but I be damned if I would deal with a snake!!!!! Rat's are bad but snakes are a no go!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Cooper33:
    Well I'm still new to cigars, but I always wanted to try a god of fire. So I bought one, let it age for a month which was really hard...finally couldn't stand it so I decided to smoke it..but it was real cold outside. I thought well screw it i'll smoke it and take a bath with a good smoke. So i realized i left my lighter in the other room. Got back to the bathroom just in time to watch my dog nose my GoF into the tub. It's a good thing for my dog I really love him.
    Oh man...that freakin blows.. I'd be cursing so effing much at that dog lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

I would have been some kinda mule-lipped !!!
    gmill880:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

There's that mule-lipped thing again..........ewwwww gross man!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Sandman1am:
    gmill880:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

There's that mule-lipped thing again..........ewwwww gross man!

Come on man its a country thing !!! ...Don't make something gross outta it !!!
    Alright alright.....