Home General Discussion

Special cigar suggestions?

TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
Well, my life is going to end, soon. My wife and I are having a baby in mid-April. My plan is to get a box of 10 special cigars to age, and smoke one each year on the baby's birthday. I have my eye on a few things - if Tim still has a box of Tat blacks, for instance, that one's on the list. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I figure I can swing $150 or under for these. Suggestions?

Edit: or potentially 10 singles instead of a box of ten!

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Well box of ten, they are sort of tough to find... Oliva V maddy's are a good one. Box of God of Fires, Fuente Lost City.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Alec Bradley Tempus - Magistri. I believe they come in a box of 10 and they only made a few of these...the boxes are numbered and autographed by Alan Rubin.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I wouldn't have to necessarily get a box of ten - I just figure with my price range, it is unrealistic to purchase a box of 20 special cigars for under $150. So I could buy 10 singles...
    Krieg:
    Alec Bradley Tempus - Magistri. I believe they come in a box of 10 and they only made a few of these...the boxes are numbered and autographed by Alan Rubin.
    oh yeah, and the maddy is suppose to come out too.... OH I need that.
    TatuajeVI:
    I wouldn't have to necessarily get a box of ten - I just figure with my price range, it is unrealistic to purchase a box of 20 special cigars for under $150. So I could buy 10 singles...
    That could work, but an 8 year old tat black is a cigar I wouldn't really want to sit that long. Didn't seem all that complex or strong to me.
    How about the Red Tubos? Still available according to Tim.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Krieg:
    oh yeah, and the maddy is suppose to come out too.... OH I need that.
    They're coming out with a Maduro? Wow... As if the Tempus wasn't already incredible.
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    TatuajeVI:
    Well, my life is going to end, soon. My wife and I are having a baby in mid-April. My plan is to get a box of 10 special cigars to age, and smoke one each year on the baby's birthday. I have my eye on a few things - if Tim still has a box of Tat blacks, for instance, that one's on the list. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I figure I can swing $150 or under for these. Suggestions?

Congratulations on the baby, My son is the best thing that ever happened....
    TatuajeVI:
    as boxes, really. I've tried emailing him but he never responds
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    I email him all the time also, and maybe get a response 50% of the time. But sometimes I will get an email from him 2-3 days later.................but usually by then I went somewhere else and bought my smokes.
    Krieg:
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    I email him all the time also, and maybe get a response 50% of the time. But sometimes I will get an email from him 2-3 days later.................but usually by then I went somewhere else and bought my smokes.
    Yup, tim is a great guy but as he's always saying email him, it's really a crap shoot.
  • sandraossandraos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Davidoff Millenium. box of 10 of toros goes for around 150. Great smoke! EDIT:...and congratulations!!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Buy a box of twenty... you'll have one for every birthday until the 18th, and then you'll have one to share with the kid.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    TatuajeVI:

First off, Congrats!!! Your life is not going to end soon. Just the opposite; its just starting... My kids are the best. We have an absolute blast together. The only thing is it will go by too quickly I assure you. That said; If you're not opposed to singles, why not by various types to age for the birthday smokes. My $.02
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:

Phil how come you never called me on this???? I have some great ideas & if you thought about buying only 10 I would split the rest of a 20/5 box with ya! Come on buddy don't forget to hook a brother up!!!! Oh ya & Congrats on the little turd.....hope the baby looks like mom lol J/K.
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:

Phil how come you never called me on this???? I have some great ideas & if you thought about buying only 10 I would split the rest of a 20/5 box with ya! Come on buddy don't forget to hook a brother up!!!! Oh ya & Congrats on the little turd.....hope the baby looks like mom lol J/K.
    lol. I hope the kid doesn't look like you! :)

Some great suggestions - thanks guys. I still haven't decided.
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:

lol. I hope the kid doesn't look like you! :)

Some great suggestions - thanks guys. I still haven't decided.
    Your wife is hoping the same thing!!! Hahaha.......Phil I may have a change in heart from our last conversation on the phone. How was that B&M? Post any pics up yet?
    It was SICK. We'll head there Friday if you're going to be around. I'll call you later on today.
    TatuajeVI:
    It was SICK. We'll head there Friday if you're going to be around. I'll call you later on today.
    We got a herf going on tomorrow if anyone from the Detroit area wants to join us!!!