Home Non Cigar Related

Droid

SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
Anyone use/have a phone by Droid? Any pros & cons you can share about your experience?
Saw that the App Store doubled over the past few months.... from 10,000 to 20,000. Got any Favs?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    hahaha I literaly bought this like 3 hours before your post. Unfortunately I am not home to be able to use it right now. I based my purchase on one thing... My brother is the most tech-savy person I know, so I asked him which phone I should get if I were to buy a new one and he said hands down the Motorola Droid. From what I can tell, it's a decent attempt at replicating the Iphone. I talked to the sales guy on the phone last night and he said he owned it and it was amazing. I should be able to tell you more in a couple of weeks..
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    A couple guys at work have it and they swear by it. Say it's the best thing since sliced bread. Iphone users at work say it's definately a good phone, but they'll stick with the Iphone. There's sort of this whole I phone owners in-click at work though. All they do is sit around and talk about their Iphones and play with their Iphones. They're completely obsessed with the thing. I think this is I why I never purchased one. It's really weird if you ask me.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    It looks neat, and I'll probably get one day. However, I get most of the cool looking phones because I work in IT and think I'll use them..but they all basically go to waste. Can't think of the last time I used my Iphone for anything other than making a call. I really hate computers now that I think about it. If i were to design a phone it would probably make calls, have text messaging, and be able to serve as a cigar cutter and lighter.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Holy crap my next post will be my 100th! I'm going to save it for something good.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Cooper33:
    If i were to design a phone it would probably make calls, have text messaging, and be able to serve as a cigar cutter and lighter.
    I'd buy that phone. Put a blade in that for opening boxes, and you've got a sure-fire winner.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    j0z3r:
    Cooper33:
    If i were to design a phone it would probably make calls, have text messaging, and be able to serve as a cigar cutter and lighter.
    I'd buy that phone. Put a blade in that for opening boxes, and you've got a sure-fire winner.
    Add a cue tip scuffer, chalk holder, and a divot repair tool and you have a winner.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    cabinetmaker:
    j0z3r:
    Cooper33:
    Add a cue tip scuffer, chalk holder, and a divot repair tool and you have a winner.
    You'd want to save some features for the next year's model...who am I kidding, anyone buying that phone wouldn't be buying a new phone for at lest 5 more years.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    If you are thinking about the Droid, you should do some research on the Nexus One (the official "Googlephone").
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    clearlysuspect:
    A couple guys at work have it and they swear by it. Say it's the best thing since sliced bread. Iphone users at work say it's definately a good phone, but they'll stick with the Iphone. There's sort of this whole I phone owners in-click at work though. All they do is sit around and talk about their Iphones and play with their Iphones. They're completely obsessed with the thing. I think this is I why I never purchased one. It's really weird if you ask me.
    lol, if you have verizon. For sprint the palm pre is bad ass.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    sightunseen:
    If you are thinking about the Droid, you should do some research on the Nexus One (the official "Googlephone").
    Thanks- been doing some research on that too, but not willing to drop $500+ on a cell phone. Maybe in a few years as the competition thicken and drives prices down.
    Smokeee:
    sightunseen:
    Thanks- been doing some research on that too, but not willing to drop $500+ on a cell phone. Maybe in a few years as the competition thicken and drives prices down.
    I believe that it is only available with T-mobile right now. I did hear on "Attack of the Show" (yes, I watch G4 tv in Afghanistan) the other day that Verizon and AT&T should have it as an option this summer. The review they did of it really made me question if it is worth the cash. Everything I have heard about the droid makes it sounds as good, or better in some aspects, as the Nexus One.
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    You just can't beat the iphone 3g, 99 with contract...i can't run a playstation 2 emulator on it, but for pretty much everything else it kicks ass. Tightest operating system, and developer support is better than any other phone out there.

ejenne87:
    Smokeee:
    sightunseen:
    I believe that it is only available with T-mobile right now. I did hear on "Attack of the Show" (yes, I watch G4 tv in Afghanistan) the other day that Verizon and AT&T should have it as an option this summer. The review they did of it really made me question if it is worth the cash. Everything I have heard about the droid makes it sounds as good, or better in some aspects, as the Nexus One.

Yes, I heard that it will be on Verizon by this spring. T-Mobile is offering it at $179 with a two year contract (data plan is $80/month). I'm assuming Verizon will offer similar pricing.

I think the advantage of the Nexus One is that it will be insanely fast (1ghz chip). Downside is that it only comes with about 500MB of internal memory (and a 4GB SD card). Some of the reviews I've read said that the specs are comparable to laptops from around 2005.

sightunseen:

ejenne87:
    Smokeee:
    sightunseen:

Yes, I heard that it will be on Verizon by this spring. T-Mobile is offering it at $179 with a two year contract (data plan is $80/month). I'm assuming Verizon will offer similar pricing.

I think the advantage of the Nexus One is that it will be insanely fast (1ghz chip). Downside is that it only comes with about 500MB of internal memory (and a 4GB SD card). Some of the reviews I've read said that the specs are comparable to laptops from around 2005.

That's pretty intense! I might have to upgrade come spring... I heard that also about the memory, but you should be able to get a 16gb card for it (which is another $80). I guess I'll have to play with it int he store when they come out. Hopefully they live up to the hype!
    ejenne87:
    sightunseen:

ejenne87:
    Smokeee:
    sightunseen:

That's pretty intense! I might have to upgrade come spring... I heard that also about the memory, but you should be able to get a 16gb card for it (which is another $80). I guess I'll have to play with it int he store when they come out. Hopefully they live up to the hype!

Seriously, I got the G1 when it first came out and I am getting some Nexus-envy.