Home General Discussion

Biting Cigar

Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
Whenever i smoke a cigar, i always try and old it in my mouth so i can have my hands free to do other things, but i never can. first off i am anxious to bite it because im afraid ill crush it or otherwise ruin the smoke. Whenever i try to bite it, i always end up inhaling smoke even if im breathing through my nose. Any tips or pointers cause i like to smoke while i play video games when im not working or hunting (i know im a nerd) and i need both hands for that. Thanks for helping me with my sophmoric question!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Ummm try a pipe...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Have you ever thought about using a cigar clip? Maybe you could hook something up (outside if I'm not mistaken in a tree house?) & clip the cigar some where close so you can enjoy it & be hands free to play your games. Same thing if you are in a tree stand or blind. Just don't forget to grab your clip when you are done with your smoke.....that could be bad for your tree house or the forest. If you are walking maybe you could use a retainer and convert it to hold your cigar in front of you.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:
    Ummm try a pipe...
    thank you for wasting my time with that absolutely useless and retarded answer.
    Sandman1am:
    Have you ever thought about using a cigar clip? Maybe you could hook something up (outside if I'm not mistaken in a tree house?) & clip the cigar some where close so you can enjoy it & be hands free to play your games. Same thing if you are in a tree stand or blind. Just don't forget to grab your clip when you are done with your smoke.....that could be bad for your tree house or the forest. If you are walking maybe you could use a retainer and convert it to hold your cigar in front of you.
    you sir are my hero! a retainer?? how did you think of that! its beautiful! and yeas my man cave/ mile high club/ testosterone tree dome haha. got a tv, xbox 360, christmas lights, futon, windows, urinal, cooler stocked with some great brews, space heater, propane stove for coffee, bacon, and such, and last but not least, a "garden box" outside my window with my toolbox charcoal grill enclosed complete with a chimney. it is my pride and joy!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    It sounds like you just have to fight through it. At one time, I couldn't hold a cigar in my mouth for more than a couple seconds. Now, I don't even think about it. I cut the grass with cigar in my mouth and not take it out for an hour other than to ash. I don't know if there is an answer other than you will just get used to it.
    undulac:
    It sounds like you just have to fight through it. At one time, I couldn't hold a cigar in my mouth for more than a couple seconds. Now, I don't even think about it. I cut the grass with cigar in my mouth and not take it out for an hour other than to ash. I don't know if there is an answer other than you will just get used to it.
    ok thank you. i imagine im just not used to it.
    Alex Williams:
    Sandman1am:
    you sir are my hero! a retainer?? how did you think of that! its beautiful! and yeas my man cave/ mile high club/ testosterone tree dome haha. got a tv, xbox 360, christmas lights, futon, windows, urinal, cooler stocked with some great brews, space heater, propane stove for coffee, bacon, and such, and last but not least, a "garden box" outside my window with my toolbox charcoal grill enclosed complete with a chimney. it is my pride and joy!
    Well you should invite your hero down for a herf! Why would you ever leave? That place sounds so much fun. I was actually thinking about the headgear but couldn't think of what it was called but guess a retainer would work 2. IDK how I come up with most of this stuff....probably a combination of too much time off work & boooooze!!!!
    haha hey man come on down! the urinal is probably my greatest invention. it is a whole cut in the wall with a 5 gallon bucket through it. that bucket has a hole cut in the bottom with a funnel glued to tthe edges. from the funnel, i ran a garden hose out and down on of the supports to the tree house and out into a hole amidst a bunch of brush where no one goes. i then sanded down the bucket so it was flush with the wall. i then fashioned a cover for it out of some spare wood i had (while sanding the bottom into a lip so you could lift it up )and attatched it with a hinge to the wall so it covered the hole. on the bottom of the cover, i put a magnet on it and put the other magnet on the wall so it will stay up. Oh i forgot to mention that i have a trash chute under the grill with a rotating door attatched in the middle so it spins (like a regular trash can), from the hole, the chute goes down into a trash can with a hole cut into the lid so i can empty that into our actual street garbage can. It is a beaut!!!!
    When you get up in the morning does your alarm clock flip a switch that hits a marble, that rolls down a track hit a bucket which feeds a mouse and the mouse has to grab the cheese from a plate, once on the plate that releases a button the swings out to turn on the coffee pot. LOL wow that is a pretty cool set up you got there. Too bad I live in the city and they would never let me do all of that.
    haha i did always want to do that thing in the goonies when they get chunk to do the truffle shuffle in the beginning (def one of my favorite movies). ya im in the suburbs so i can get away with it!
    Sloth love Chunk! I love that movie too.
    haha i really really need to get an ash tray but i just cant bring myself to buy one for some reason.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Ummm try a pipe...

No need to be a rude ass.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    One2gofst:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Ummm try a pipe...

I am the biggest proponent of "You can't specify inflection through forums" but...... seconded?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    One2gofst:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Ummm try a pipe...

Agreed.
    sorry i just get frustrated cause it seems every time i have an earnest question he gives a smart ass answer. so i gave him one right back. i shouldnt have done it though so im sorry stephen. please accept my apology.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Lasabar:
    One2gofst:
    Alex Williams:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Ummm try a pipe...

I am the biggest proponent of "You can't specify inflection through forums" but...... seconded?

thirded , he didnt say it to be a smart ash but offered it as a suggestion
    im sorry! i guess i just assumed based on previous experience. can we atelast all agree that a pipe is a COMPLETELY different than a cigar (other than the fact it is tobacco that you smoke); therefore, when he sugggested a pipe i assumed he was being a smart ass. dont really know how many ways to say sorry?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    You're going about it all wrong. You just need the correct cigar holder. image
    zoom6zoom:
    You're going about it all wrong. You just need the correct cigar holder. image
    i tell you what. if i could get that cigar holder i would never EVER leave the man cave! B-E-A-UTIFUL
    That's just crazy if I had a holder like that one I would never pay attention to my cigars.....maybe there is a way to kick this hobby???? I'll stick to what I got.