Home General Discussion

Christmas Smoke

TGOTGO Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 333
I was wondering if you all have a special stick lined up for Christmas day... I have been sitting on a 6x60 Camacho triple maduro, I was going to smoke it on Thanksgiving but was too full, and too tired LOL. I have a number of other special cigars but that Camacho has been whispering to me since T-day :) If you have a special smoke lined up shout it out! Regards, and happy holidays to all!

Comments

• ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I think I'm gonna go with a Tatuaje Verocu tubo. Might change my mind though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    That's a good one Scrams, I enjoyed it thoroughly...burned my damn fingers nubbing it.

I don't know if I've got anything special lined up. More than likely it'll be some variation of my normal routine.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'll be working on Christmas, but I'm off on Christmas eve so I'll probably have a good smoke that night late after the wife and kid go to bed. I'll have to stay up late so I can work all night on friday. I've been looking forward to having one of the Cugines that I picked up a couple months ago so I might have to light one up... That is one of my favorite mild smokes.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I have a Tempus I've been looking forward to. i think I'll smoke that. But I got the Opus X for New Years ! Happy holidays all
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Oliva Serie V Maduro that's been chilling in my humi for almost a year and before that an unknown amount of time in another BOTL's humi. I've been eyeing that since around Thanksgiving as a celebratory semester's over cigar and have been sick till now. I'm really excited about that stick.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Christmas Day is always at my house. Even though I'm older, my dad still gets the kids a stocking and brings them over. We get mostly gift cards because every since my mom passed and he is in charge of the shopping that is about all he can handle when it comes to shopping. Every year he puts a few premium sticks in mine and we'll go out in the freezing cold for an hour and light the same stick up. Last year it was an Opus X. This year I'll have to wait and see.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Probably nothing for me.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    There is but one Christmas cigar in my opinion and that is the Fuente Anejo. I mean, it only comes out at Christmas and this years blend is phenomenal.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I received a Nording in my Secret Santa package that I've tucked away for Christmas Day.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    I've got an Opus X that's been calling my name since March. Been debating on whether I should smoke it on Christmas or New Years. Opus will get smoked on one day and i'll probably do a Ghurka Legend or Titan on the other.
  • rbergerberge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    I have a Gurkha Beauty that I am hoping to flame on Christmas day. I have been spending so much time buying my kids and girlfriend presents, that I will have get a little "me" time on the speacial day..... And I also noticed that my Girlfriend got something UPS from CCOM. I hope its a nice Gurkha collection!!!!!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Gurkha LX111 Platinum. RP Decade. Two of my favorite sticks that I keep in the humi for holiday smoking. Damn...I need more holidays to celebrate!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    TGO:
    I was wondering if you all have a special stick lined up for Christmas day... I have been sitting on a 6x60 Camacho triple maduro, I was going to smoke it on Thanksgiving but was too full, and too tired LOL. I have a number of other special cigars but that Camacho has been whispering to me since T-day :) If you have a special smoke lined up shout it out! Regards, and happy holidays to all!
    If I had any of these left, it would be a GREAT choice for a Christmas Day stick. You should fully enjoy this one TGO.
    I have been trying to decide between several different premies for the day, but I keep changing my mind. I will likely go with a different premium or two each day over the holidays, between Christmas and New Years Day.
    I May sacrifice one of those MB 111's I got in a trade with ejenne87 on New Years Day, as I can't think of a better way to start off a new year of enjoying fine cigars.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    For Xmas I plan on having an H. Upman Magnum 50. I know you can't get any from ccom, or even have those shipped to the U.S., but I'm Canadian eh?
    Can't think of anything better than a Cuban for the holidays.

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Either a camacho triple maduro, Gurkha beast, or perdomo esv 1991. Not sure which?
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I haven't picked one out yet. I might go with a Gurkha I haven't tried yet. Rare Breed, Beauty, Beast come to mind.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    RP Decade since I have 2 of them. Anyone else refuse to smoke a single cigar when you have 2 of another? Maybe its just me and my OCD to make everything even.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have several singles that I will not smoke until I find a replacement for them. So I guess that pretty much means I don't have them. Damnn. But, I have in the past, smoked singles that were passed to me which I really enjoyed.
    Just yesterday I smoked my "last" Oliva V Maduro only because I got some replacements. That one was a killer. It took almost two hours in a Be-ach snow storm drive to finish it. Very nice full bodied smoke.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I haven't decided yet. I was thinking a Decade, but since I'm going to a large family get-together where there will be several other cigar smokers I may try something more adventurous. It probably should be something on the lighter side (why I was thinking decade) since the trip will entail about about 2-3 cigars a day for a week. Darn...
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I bought a couple Opus X robustos last christmas time and gave one to a friend. He has vowed to smoke it on christmas and I have held mine back to enjoy with him. Looking forward to it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Going to fire up a Cohiba Siglo IV tonight (Christmas Eve) and I will get in to a Siglo VI tomorrow at some point.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I haven't decided yet. I will rummage through and find something nice to enjoy. Maybe a Oliva Serie V...?
    ... I feel bad enough already.. Check your PM's Ejenne
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    kaspera79:
    ... I feel bad enough already.. Check your PM's Ejenne
    I have others bro, no worries. That was in no way intended to make you feel bad. Sorry if I did though.
    You did not... And I know that was not your intention.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I had a Monte No. 4 while playing Wii and Cranium board game.... nice shorter but FLAVORFUL smoke!!!!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I had planned on a Deisel on my birthday yesterday and a Monte today. But the weather here has been bad with no improvement today so it looks like I'm going to be 0 for 2. I'm with you in spirit!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    ironhorse:
    RP Decade since I have 2 of them. Anyone else refuse to smoke a single cigar when you have 2 of another? Maybe its just me and my OCD to make everything even.
    I am kind of the same way. I tend to smoke sticks that I have multiples of before I dive into my singles but I don't think it is so much making it even as it is collecting them. That way when somebody talks about a particular stick, I can say "I have some (or one) of those" and then imagine how good it will be when I light it up.
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    Just finished a long traditional Christmas morning dog walk with a Nica Libre Torpedo. Nice, and despite 20 degree temperatures I managed to finish it in bundled comfort. The dog enjoyed the experience too.
  • RobRutkowskiRobRutkowski Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    havanaal:
    Just finished a long traditional Christmas morning dog walk with a Nica Libre Torpedo. Nice, and despite 20 degree temperatures I managed to finish it in bundled comfort. The dog enjoyed the experience too.

Smoking a Nica Libre 1990 with my brother in law right now.  Very nice.